Thread: MC Saturday - starting time and picking the people.

Default MC Saturday - starting time and picking the people.

I'll just start out by saying that this is just my personal thoughts.

We haven't come out with anything about how we're picking who's going and who's not (if there's more then 40 people, which is quite likely) saturday and sunday, and that's because we haven't found out how the heck to do it, tbh.

We should have posted exactly how we'd pick people at least a week ago, but we didn't. So as I see it, we either push the whole thing a week, or we go ahead with it, and expect there to be some conflict.

About starting time, I'm 90% certain we ended up agreeing on starting the invites/raidsetup/etc. at 7pm server saturday, and heading out at 8pm server.

About who's going, first a note:
    This is the first time we're going, and deffo' not the last. We *will* be rotating, so if you ain't coming along now you will have dibs next time.

And a second note:
    Due to the 5-day lockout weirdness, it's not possible to replace people once a raid has been started. Once you've loaded in with 40 people, that raid is saved to the instance for 5 days (meaning nothing in the instance repops for those 5 days, none but the starting 40 can join in etc.). So we can't bring one bunch saturday, one bunch sunday. The game mechanics simply don't allow that :/

There's a few ways to pick the people ...

a)
    Criteria:
    - level 60, period, for a multitude of reasons.
    - 5 of each class (with other classes for the same job filling in for any vacancies - i.e. a druid taking the extra space if there's only 4 priests etc.)
    - showing on time > not showing on time
    - being able to play both evenings > only being able to play saturday
    If there's too many, random 100 settles it.

b)
    Random 100, go with the top 40 rollers.

c)
    40 people handpicked.
    If were going for the best possible result, this is probably the way to do it. And if said list had been posted a week ago, and if we knew for sure the people could show etc.
    But posting a list now, the day before ... well, it's a slap in the face to anyone not on it, there's going to be some "vacancies" to fill anyways etc.

Comments much appreciated.
    "Apologies, by the way, to any genuine idiots who are offended at being associated with religion, that wasn't my intention" - Pat Condell

Budmonkey is offline Gordon Freeman Planetside Member
    SWTOR Guild Member

All i can say is Dam! No MC for myself this week as i will be working Saturday night. Also working the next 3 weekends, so i am kinda hoping that the raid days will rotate but i can see how that will be difficult given you need alot of time to partcipate.

well im working all weekend too and cant promise i would be able to stay in MC for the appropriate time, even if the start time did suit me, same applies for every single dkp thats happened this week :/

Raid instances saving are quite a problematic area, but I do believe that you can actually switch people from day to day without having them locked out. I'm not sure if the raid leader has to be the same. If people are locked out, a fix seems to be to put them in the grop with the leader and having them walk in. It can be a bit buggy though. I also believe that MC only saves once you've killed a boss.

Regarding who to bring, I think the officers should pick the most experienced/well-equipped people for the first run. We're going to need all the help we can get untill we learn the encounters, and frankly there is a huge difference between someone who has just dinged 60 and has all green items and someone who is having the near-optimum gear choices in most slots. Experience should also count a long way, as we need to be coordinated. Of course, we need to have a good class distribution, so some of the less populated classes might be allowed in with lesser gear.

Anyone know how long a MC run lasts if you want to do all of it? If it takes like 6-8 hours straight i would love to see it start at a more decent time then 9pm server time.. my dad kills me if I play after midnight (*mumbles something to all the newly parents on this forum not to be this old-fashioned thinking :P*)
    Optimists are poorly informed pessimists.

I think a combination between option A & C will be best. There are alot of lvl 60's (including myself) that have been waiting along time for the guild to be ready todo this. You cannot leave these ppl out of the raid. So we prolly have about 25 ppl that are ready and set to go. The other 15 I think should be hand-picked by experience.

Heh Nyana, we are not going to do all of it tonight

If we are lucky we get to the first boss with <20 wipes

The US Uber-guilds can do a full clear in under 5 hours. I think we'll slowly work our way in during the next few months, perfecting our strategy on each mob and boss as we go along. It took over 3 months for the first US guilds to kill Ragnaros, but MC has been nerfed a lot since then. I think we should congratulate ourselves if we manage to kill Lucifron and Magmadar before the instance resets (7 days) but that also depends on whether we will be going every day for the next week, or just on weekends. IMO we should go every day if we have the people for it