Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Citizen

Thumbs up Star Citizen

Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Privateer, Freelancer) is back with a vengeance. His goal was to crowdfund $2mil for showing investors that PC gaming is far from dead and that people want to play a space sim again. It became a wooping $9.1mil gathered by kickstarter crowdfunding. It is possible to back this game with a funding ranging from $25 to $1500 and higher if you have cash to dump. Especially the Aurora space ship sale is interesting.

So where's all the candy Nyana? You got me hooked and there's foam appearing in the corners of my mouth. Well good for you! There is the kickstarter promo movie to start with:

Visit the official website here: http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/ (awesome disclaimer notes, copyright stuff and narcissism here)

And there is a weekly episode of the Wingman Hangar, which is quite funny to follow actually:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...leDiFnnlApJLv7

The game features a single player (free roaming exploring game, or mission driven like Wing Commander), co-op (drop in & drop out) and persistent world gameplay with the ability to host your own game (read: NO MMO). There is no recurring fee to pay (unless you want to) nor pay-to-win.

If you are interested in this game, help out a fellow Renegade by using me as a referral (http://robertsspaceindustries.com/st...en/?rid=134466 or nickname Nyana). Ofcourse feel free to post your referral link as well if you want, after you clicked my link... and I know you want to... so click.... click it... CLICK IT GODDAMMIT!!!

PS: Did I mention it will support the Oculus Rift device for added immersion?
    Optimists are poorly informed pessimists.

Default Re: Star Citizen

Kickstarted this many a moon ago! Get with the times!

DestRox is offline Gordon Freeman Planetside Member
    SWTOR Guild Member

frist time that i see it... got alitte Battlestar Galactica feel in it

Quote Originally Posted by RandomAlien View Post
    Kickstarted this many a moon ago! Get with the times!
    There wasn't a topic here on RL yet. I never heard of this game until it came in the news with the mahoosive amount of funds it raised.

And goddamn I need a space exploration sim like Privateer/Freelancer.

Veteran pledgers, you can now admire your spaceship in the hangar. You can walk around it and even admire it from the inside. Have a seat in the cockpit and enjoy the view

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...odule-Released

I creamed the floor on my Freelancer already.

Have you had a look at X:Rebirth which is due out soon?
    God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side with the best shots - Voltaire

Planetside - Endangerment Br30 Cr5 - Renegade Legion NC Werner

EvE - Druid R - Retired

So, the outfit/organisation signup stuff is out. Is this something that a lot of the Legion will be playing as a group or is it just a handful here and there?
    I blame Moose!

I know I will give it a shot. Preferably with an RL tag above my ship. If there is anything I can do to help out in organizing an outfit I'd be more than happy to do so. That game looks very.promising and I sincerely hope they didn't drop the ball like that did in X:rebirth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludicrouse View Post
    This is a massive clusterfuck of epic proportions, over a few bloody Polygons.

Well, the first step is getting the initial organisation up and running if some of us are going to be playing? Goodness knows how long until you can actually do someone with it beyond just stare at a blank web-page, though. I'm happy to do that if no one else has done it but at the same time I'm a lazy bastard and would rather someone else do it if I can get away with it. Which is why I'm posting here.
    I blame Moose!

I've created Renegade Legion.
    I had to get a game package to do so, but since I'll definitely be wanting to check this game out i figured what the heck.

The callsign had to have at least 3 characters, and since outfits/guilds are called organizations in Star Citizen, and our website is .org as well, I went for RLORG.
    preparing for redeployment

Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast