Thread: Restoration Shaman

Red face Restoration Shaman

Character name: Wolfíe (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%ADe/simple)

Desired class/spec: Restoration

Role breakdown:

Let me list a few things regarding my playstyle, add-ons and talent/glyph choices. Hopefully this will qualify as a 'role breakdown':

* I got ElvUI which let me re-arrange my action bars in a way that I can keep better track of all of my cooldowns

* I have add-ons useful in a raid such as weak auras for tracking cooldowns and uptime on buffs and debuffs, Grid and many of its extensions for tracking buffs on player frames, a spell announcer for making it clear I've used a cooldown or a spell like Capacitor Totem. I use decursive for dispelling

* Out of curiosity I looked up advanced restoration shaman guides on youtube or articles on icy veins to see how the best healers are doing their job and I found out about the add-on Clique, which lets me use my healing spells quickly and without thinking much simply by clicking on the raid frames - without wasting precious time targeting someone who's dying.

* To go along with clique, I recently got a new mouse with usable keys and a smoother keyboard.

* My stats:

Stacking as much mastery as I can, then haste, then crit. Outside of raid, I have 89% Mastery, 41% Haste, 11% Crit

* Trinkets

I've several trinkets: Stone of the Elements, Core of the Primal Elements (class trinket), Demonic Phylactery (with Leech), Flickering Felspark, all of which have different stats for different encounters. My favorite ones are Demonic Phylactery and Flickering Felspark, the ones I'm currently using, for the passive stats they give.

* My Weak Auras:

Tidal Waves

Stack buff next to the raid frames so I know not to cast Healing Surge/Wave without the buff. When buff is missing it shows a roasted steak. Because you know, if you don't keep Tidal Waves uptime as a Shaman, you're as good as roasted steak

Spiritwalker's Grace

For the exact duration = animation + icon buff with seconds so I don't miss a cast as the buff ends

Ascendance

Same as Spiritwalker's Grace

Elemental Blast

I use it on cooldown (dat spirit chunk, too good to pass up), sound plays when it's available

Elemental Blast Buffs

I have a set of icons that appear to signify what kind of buff EB gave when I cast it last. Yellow for haste, green for multistrike and blue for mastery

HSTotem

Same as Elemental Blast

Earth Shield

Sound plays when buff expires

Spirit Link Totem

Progress bar for its cooldown

Bloodlust

Animation for its duration

Ancestral Swiftness

Cooldown timer, pulsing icon for when it's up

* My gems & enchants: standard weapon enchant for spirit, everything else enchanted for top mastery. For my gem I've 75 mastery

* My talents:

t1) I take Astral Shift over Nature's Guardian because it's a more effective way of staying alive, plus it gives me the ability of soaking things or surviving through a huge load of damage.

t2) Earthgrab Totem is my default choice, but if the encounter requires it, I'll take Windwalk for raid-wide slow immunity

t3) I prefer Totemic Projection over the other two; I find being able to change the location of my Spirit Link Totem much more valuable than slightly increasing my healing output with a second HSTotem

t4) Echo of the Elements or Ancestral Swiftness, depending on the fight; I've played a lot with Echo of the Elements but recently trying out Ancestral Swiftness.

t5) Rushing Streams, coupled with Glyph of HSTotem, is the best choice except for fights where the raid is stacked most of the time, then I would be willing to change to Conductivity, although I still prefer Rushing Streams

t6) Elemental Blast; I use it on cooldown, 1000 Spirit buff is a sure way to never run out of mana in an encounter. It's pretty broken

t7) High Tide seems like the best choice out of the three. My Chain Heal is my most reliable spell, so it'd be contradictory not to boost it

* My Glyphs

1) Glyph of HSTotem

The standard one I always use for every encounter, because it's more or less always useful, especially with the talent which doubles its healing and the effect of the Glyph.

2) Glyph of Healing Wave

Healing yourself while healing others at the same time is invaluable when everyone is in danger

3) Glyph of Spiritwalker's Grace

For the increased buff duration

(Alternatives)

Glyph of Spiritwalker's Focus (60 sec cd for 7 sec buff, that's useful when there's a lot of moving in an encounter), Glyph of Purify Spirit (two charges for dispelling, I don't usually use this)

Raiding experience: I've returned to the game for WoD. Before 6.2, I was 7/7, 9/10 on heroic, and now I've cleared 13/13 hc multiple times. That's about all my raiding experience. Here's a few of my logs, if you're interested, to convince you I'm not clueless: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...test#boss=1799

Mechanics quiz:

How I prepare for Iskar: I'm using an addon called Iskar-Assist, which is another kind of raid frames that is activated once the boss is targetted. The raid frames show: who has the Eye of Anzu, who has the winds debuff and who has the other debuff. I can click on these raid frames to quickly pass the eye around to a player who needs it.

During the encounter:
    If I'm assigned as the healer who will dispel the bombs during the air phases, then I'll want to have the eye in time. I might call out for it on voice chat if I don't have it. Durind the third air phase, I'll give the Eye to the assigned tank who will be doing the interrupt, if there's any.

If I see the raid is getting low on health just before a blast during an air phase, I'll use Healing Tide or Spirit Link Totem.

If I'm targetted by Fel Chakram, I'll move out to the marked spot for ranged to move out to for the attack.

If I'm targetted by Fel Incineration, I'll try not to get it in the way of the raid (sometimes the beam spawns in a not very favorable spot). I've tried to move in a circle in the past and even go through the flames with Astral Shift to soak them while reducing the area of the incineration, but I'm not sure if the damage on mythic will allow me to do that

If someone has the winds debuff and I have the eye, I'll pass it to them quickly

References:
    I don't know him personally, but I've sold him some 125 food buff: Vkillerov. I checked his logs and I thought he was imba, so I thought to check out what kind of guild he is in and, boop! Here I am

Expectations:
    I'm looking for a group of people who game casually but are nonetheless mythic progression oriented, like me. I'm also interested in the social aspect of the guild. Wanna go for a dungeon some time during the day? Maybe an arena? I'm up for it

Additional information:

Herbalism/Leatherworking on main, maxed out and with trader recipes for Leatherworking

Alchemy on Warrior alt maxed out with trader recipes

* if it counts for anything, I have the title the Proven Healer, which is a reward from the Training Grounds for Endless Healer (30th Wave)

Default Re: Restoration Shaman

This guy looks legit. Thumbs up from Tita.

Looking forward to raid with you.

Welcome. Nice application, seems to have the healing side pretty well covered. One thing we are looking more from our healers these days is a viable DPS offspec to give us more flexibility, particularly on fights that require fewer healers.
    Do you DPS much on your shaman?

Good luck with Peasants RayM, you certainly put the work in on the applications :P
    More prospective trialists could use a dose of that attitude ^^ (the effort if not the being accepted elsewhere ><)

No need to be a stranger if things don't work out with your new team, we'll be happy to give you a whirl.
    ** World of Warcraft **
    Lyoth - Slacking Ranger

Saying that Vkills logs look imba kindda made my dick go soft. Clearly doesn't know what to look at, in logs
    Stork - Officer of Awesomeness "I've already seen enough!"

@Takoda I don't DPS much, no, but I can work on it. My OS is Elemental, but I don't think I was ever cut out to be dps ):

@Doc aye sir, thank you. And just for the record, don't feel like you guys were my second choice, I just happened to find out about your guild after I posted my application to Peasants!

@Stork I don't check everyone thoroughly, I just gave his logs a glance. Unless we're talking about a different paladin, I see his dps is pretty much imba; if he dies a lot or something, I didn't check

Don't worry about Stork, don't think he's being serious. Just an in joke that although Vkill can do some very nice DPS his (mis)use of the legendary ring often gets him into trouble

How's it going with Peasants, hoping we get to Mythic Gorefiend soon to see what all the fuss is about

It's going okay with Peasants. I don't hold them back as much as I expected (although that's from my personal point of view, they may have other things to say). I expect my trial to be extended for some time since I'm going on a trip with friends this and next week, and as a result I'll miss three raids with them.

I'll keep you posted, preferably in private. Add me in-game if you like and we'll talk some

Have fun on your holiday and I hope all goes well with your trial, regardless of the break ^^
    ** World of Warcraft **
    Lyoth - Slacking Ranger