Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renegade Legion; Goals for July?

Default Renegade Legion; Goals for July?

What I would like to see is some goals set by officers/Ludi to state what the Renegades should try to achieve this comming month.

Maybe some indivisual goals, but definately some guild goals, like getting guild level to 30, all members 55+ getting to 60. all 50+ getting to 55 etc.

That way we have a general idea about when we will be able to do T6 raids, something I hope to see us doing soon...

My reason for posting this is that at the moment I feel like we are missing direction. I understand it's the WC and all, but I have not had a single group with Valdar for about 2 weeks now, standing still at 69 and I haven't seen many people catching up with me.

This worries me a bit because a guild for me is a group of people that play together and strive towards achieving common goals. At the moment I can group with very few people from our guild with Val, so if they are not online I can either play an alt or pvp in SS against n00bs, something I have been doing quite a bit lately

Don't get me wrong this isn't about me telling people what to do with their gametime, just a concern that we need something that ties us together and makes us a guild, not just a group of people that hang out together in /gu and TS.

Ya, what he said!
    Illuminatta the pet tamer

Totally agree with you Vald, unfortunatley i am yet again on holiday for a week or two on the 17th so most of July is going to un-obtainable for me.

Personally id like to know what you guys would like in terms of goals.

Where do you see yourselves wanting to be? What do YOU want out of the game, what do you want out of the Guild?

What is going to give you guys the most fun? PvP? PvE? Both?

Its all well and good setting "Goals" but its always a good start to see what path those "Goals" should be on so we can keep you guys all happy.
    "fuck I hate when ludi makes sense, it makes me question my whole world view." - Daymare

Since I started this I guess I'll put in my 2c first.

1. Guild level 30
    Not a very ambitious goal, but it's nice to have 1 or 2 targets that are easy to get. It will give us more guildbank space, and put us on a path to nice horses.

It should also encourage us to get HQ done, as well as writs. These are easiest to get done as a team, which will get thet whole group vibe going.

2. Level up.
    I would like to see all players level up at least to their next 5 level slot. So if you're 45 you should be 50 and if you're 61 you should be 65 on August 1.

This will enable us to tackle some T6 raids as we have 26 active players at lvl 50+ now. With 26 at 55+ we should have a shot, especially if we have some lvl 70s to make up the MT group.

3. PvP.
    I would like to see people level up their RAG faction. The rewards are well worth it, and also it's good fun to go out and kill Freeporters.
    Why else did we join this server otherwise?

4. Raiding T5.
    No more raiding Angler imo. The only targets we should go after should be a challenge or mobs we haven't done yet.

If we don't have enough people for that I would rather not raid or do some x2 stuff in Silent City or something.

5. Deciding mains.
    I understand that people get bored with characters and like to play other toons. I also think however that you also have an obligation to the guild to choose 1 toon as your main and to make sure that that toon levels up.

Imo RL needs more people in the same level range (and here I mean T7) so we can all group together.
    The biggest threat to a guild is that the high level players either get bored because they can't get guild groups and quit the game or leave to join another guild. When this happensit usually keeps happening and the guild becomes a bit like a training facility for Purity/Nexus, something I would not like to see happen.

A guild for me consists of people that play TOGETHER, that want to explore Norrath and share the adventures and make some friends. This can only be done if we are in level range of eachother, so we should all work towards getting there.

So if you have a main at 50+or so and would like to start a new char I have no problem with that, but make an effort to level. If you want to slack on an alt get 1 toon to 70 asap, then you can do whatever you like

Probably some more stuff I haven't thought of, but I think this will make a good start.

Agree with you Valdar Some goals for for the month would be grate.
    The only problem for me is that Im working so much in july, that I dont get alot of playtime.
    But I will try to help as much as I can with the goals.

aye Guild (char.) Progression is one of my favourite topics ...

setting goals; personal (char) ones and guild ones might help, but only if we have enough willing players wich number seems to dwindle on a weekly basis
    and DONT blame this on the WC .. that's an excuse i cant hear anymore!

its clearely the lack of structured "guild activities" that we are missing that make RL once again an atractiv guild to be part of.

i know this topic is old thats why i dont even go there anymore .. i have given up on trying to get something been moved as per se "a Guild"

Setting goals might be the last straw we can hold ourselves over the water
    as for myself; i will not be hanging around a whole of a lot longer if there doesnt change something asap.

so here goes my 2 cents (ay some may say ".... agh again....")

1) settle on one Char and try to level it to 70 as fast as possible! no more bumming around with a twinky alt .. you can do that once you have contributed with a lvl70 toon to the guild ....

2) levell the guild .. and keep doing it (HQ's, Writs, PvP) !! and this in a an organised manner ... one day a week should be solely dedicated to this purpose .. alternating each week (writs, HQ's, PvP, etc.)

3) levell the tradeskills .. we do LACK most of the tradskilling professions ...

4) whilest logging into the game i strongly recommend that you also do loggin into TeamSpeak. ( you dont have to talk if you dont want to) BUT having TS as an integre part of the guild might actually help find each other also in game doing whatever!

5) and this is for the lvl70's HELP HELP HELP your lower level guildies...
    (i know this is old and i plainly dont wanna hear it anymore: some player WANT help from higher levels ... and NO this NOT taking them by their hand and FORCE them to level!! no it actually would make it POSSIBLE for them to level in certain Zones wich normally crawl with FP's)

6) go out there and PVP for goods sake! you can do it aswell as i can ... you dont need track / evac / stealth / poisons to do so .. no you can just aswell gank greys for goods sake in SS to aquire some Faction wich we all need sooner or later if we want to actually be part in PvP at the end Game.

7) personally my goals will be like this: 10 more WS levels ... 10 writs and at least 5 days / nights mentoring some lower levels ...

In my books its clear what must be done to make RL the attractive guild again we once where .. a guild where actually higher lvl members as well as new player would like to join ...

i see this as one of the very last possibilities to bring the guild where we wanted it to be ... PvPin and the high end (well T6 T7) Raid content.
    as it is now this will never happen due to the lack of players or the lack of attendance of the 65+ guildies.

I already read it in guild chat "This Guild is dead ...." and thats how it feels lately.

CHeers! nevertheless.

D.

Since i joined only recently i can give you a recruits view of guild from a new guys perspective.

When i joined a few days befor WC started i was LVL 44 conju, currenlty i'm LVL 55 and have 100% vitality... Why? Because it's impossible to get a group, not in the guild, on the whole server, and if i do manage to get a group it's usually some kind of a suicide squad. I do try to solo, but as a cloth class in SS in TT that brinks on insanity.

My usual day looks like this:

• Log on
    • Turn on LFG flag
    • Checking guild for apropriate levels to group with
    • Advertise LFG on 50-60 chan
    • Buy upgrades if available
    • Zoning to SS, carpeting to POF
    • Getting ganked by a group of FP's
    • Trying to do some quests while getting ganked by a group that has me on their recent list
    • Giving up, zoning home, checking for upgrades
    • Zoning to TT
    • Trying to do some quests
    • Getting ganked by a Nexus raid
    • and again
    • and again
    • and again
    • Rinse
    • Repeat

It gets OLD fast.

I know it's fun to do end game stuff and explore new areas, but i think it is also in the best interest of our LVL 70's to try and help us that are behind level up. After all more high level players gives us better variety at what to do when we're online. Easier to organise a group, raid, PVP excursion.

It sux listening to you guys having fun in new zones while i'm getting molested by nexus. Don't get me wrong, i don't have the slightest problem with you guys having fun, but would really apreciate it if you would throw some love my way from time to time. And i'm not even talking about powerleveling (although it is nice) i just want new experiences and new content to put my mind to rest from same heroic mobs in SS with a topping of getting ganked.

My two copper clusters
    Illuminatta the pet tamer

Illuminatta, good post.

I suggest that all lvl 70's (and myself) postpone most high end activities in KoS and dedicate their time towards getting others up.

Some examples of stuff we could do that would actually be fun for all would be imo:

- Peacock questline
    - Ring of Faith quests (all quests of all courts in Majdul need to be completed)
    - Grind faction with monks in PoF (get access to an instance & a title)

I'm sure our quest gurus could deliver some more input here.

Well .. this isnt new:

pls. browse the Forum here again and see some posts.

Most Officers (sadly so) do not have the mood to go help others in that way...
    when i usually suggested such actions (in my books a MUST for every officer or then dont be one!) was ".. we do not Take them by their hand to lvl... they have to do it themselves .." wich is in my oppinion not possible anymore now with the FP / Q rate in the 40+ ranges ... but then like i said i grew tired of it and will not "offichialy" bring this topic up again ..

if i have time i link some Forum posts here for oyu to see.

CHeers!

ok here some posts and the lack of recognizing those posts by the RL members...

http://forums.renegade-legion.org/showthread.php?t=5500

10 ! 'Gades answered on this one .... not even Half of the active players

http://forums.renegade-legion.org/showthread.php?t=5589

2 replied here !

http://forums.renegade-legion.org/showthread.php?t=5453

3 replied here ...

http://forums.renegade-legion.org/showthread.php?t=5370

6 replied here ....

http://forums.renegade-legion.org/showthread.php?t=5393

2 or maybe 3 replies here ...

So i think i could pluck out more posts like this ... we talked ALOT about it .. also purely with the officers and Ludi ... at the end it came down to ...
    lets not help them guildies .. they have to di it themselves wich, in my books, showed fatal . especially we could see this in the last month; most lvl70 arent even online anymore ... most of the guildies are stuck on the same level's due to not finding groups ... getting ganked all the time etc. pp.

this could have been evaded off for the bigger part .. but one or two who actually "tried" to put things straight erent doing anygood .... especially if the oposing *faction* outnumbers those peeps ..

*sigh*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast