PDA

View Full Version : Renegade Legions primary tactics

Echor
Tuesday, 3rd May 2005, 09:41
Renegade Commandos has proved to be very successful, so the plan is for this to be our main battle style for a while, as many have already certed for this, I see no reason not to go live with the idea.

Please read the start of this (http://forums.renegade-legion.org/showthread.php?t=1018) thread for requirements.

The setup on TS is more important than some might think, please make sure you set your TS as directed.

This is not mandatory, but this will be the action of our main squad, if you've not tried it yet please do, its much easier than it sounds, and is more effective than most would imagine.

Being in this group will mean a few things, comments like sorry guys just got out a van/deli/gal/flail will show that you aren't taking part in the objective of the group, if that is your norm, I'd suggest you are in the wrong squad, RL's objective has always been team work.

This doesn't mean we are abandoning gal drops, its a reaction to their effectiveness with current playstyles, enemy defences and the inability to drop 3 full gal loads, we need another effective style.

When you log onto TS, join the commandos channel if you want to be in a commando squad, if you don't, just join the normal channel.

Players that habitually log onto PS without joining the comms, why are you in the Legion, also those that never squad or never ask for a squad, same question.

Solid
Thursday, 5th May 2005, 21:19
Once you guys get two or three commando squads up and running, it might be useful to begin working on standard operating procedures for a two or three-squad group: providing covering fire, bounding overwatch etc can be effective not only at the individual level, but also at the squad level (it just takes a bit more training).

I can lay out some suggestions if you want.

Solid

FuSs
Friday, 6th May 2005, 08:00
the only problem we have atm is that people havnt read this nor do they have the required TS keys and certs.
so its hard to run more than one squad because people cant switch channels if asked...

Gstar
Monday, 11th July 2005, 22:27
think its a great idea and will recert my chars to help support more :)

Vasquez
Monday, 11th July 2005, 23:10
Woah, sorry guys, I didn't realise this board had a Vietcong section ;)

FuSs
Tuesday, 12th July 2005, 07:32
vietcong adapted to our farmer squad style and we adapt to vietcong.
its all a circle my young padawan :P

Hovis
Tuesday, 12th July 2005, 10:55
Well I can see why it's a practical way to run a squad. I just hate Mossie dropping so it'll take me a few days to recert.

TataLebuj
Monday, 26th June 2006, 13:22
vietcong adapted to our farmer squad style and we adapt to vietcong.
its all a circle my young padawan :P

^^ - LOL!!!

Is this still our "Main Tactic" or should we unsticky this thread and get a new one up?

Cheers,

FuSs
Monday, 26th June 2006, 13:32
might as well write a new one.
looks like the commando stuff is too complicated to use it as a general tactic.
allthough we should still try to improve it as it worked damn well in small squads and maybe use a easier version as general tactic...

Hovis
Monday, 26th June 2006, 14:29
If I get a moment I'll fling some ideas out there for the win. Innet. We do need to adapt in the face of Fods, Wasps and other changes.