PDA

View Full Version : Hovis, where are you?

Averell Dalton
Tuesday, 3rd June 2008, 20:31
http://www.burningsea.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60

Averell Dalton
Tuesday, 3rd June 2008, 20:51
Wrote this quickly.

Welcome all my Spanish friends and countrymen,

I am Averell Dalton and am here to today to represent the Renegade Legion Society, one of the oldest and proudest amongst the Spanish Nation. We have amongst our ranks some of the most experienced fighters in the Carribean, be they on the open seas or in fighting to take or defend ports.
Yet this experience is not to be kept, no it is to be shared amongst all, and we are looking for new blood to join us, to share in what we have learnt.

We are a band of fighters who will never submit to the hegemony of any foreign Nation or to the those who call themselves the Brethern, yet are not brethren to anything but gold.
We help each other to gain experience of fighting our enemies, to sail new ships, in return we ask for your loyalty and friendship, to help with what we need to ensure that our Society grows and thrives.
We seek to revitalise the fighting spirit that we know is present in all Spanish, be they Naval Officers, Privateers or Free Traders. The spirit that never says die, no matter how bleek thngs may seem.

You do not fight you say, but prefer to explore or trade, we have no problem with that, for we know that each person offers something unique, in their own way that will contribute and help build a strong and healthy society.

Are we the best that Spain has to offer? It would be an insult to all the other Societies to say so, for together we all are Spain and together all Societies must stand to fight for and defend our nation.

All I can say is that if you are looking for Camaraderie, friendship and a chance to give our enemies a bloody nose, look no further than Renegade Legion.

Averell Dalton
Tuesday, 3rd June 2008, 21:02
Aha have to forum PM the speech to GM Nindir before the end of the 4th June, good we have time to work on it.
Edit: maybe not, have to give it live :p

Averell Dalton
Tuesday, 3rd June 2008, 21:23
Final version

Welcome and greetings to all my Spanish friends and countrymen,

I am Averell Dalton and am here to today to represent the Renegade Legion Society, one of the oldest and proudest amongst the Spanish Nation.
We have amongst our ranks some of the most experienced fighters in the Carribean, be they on the open seas or in fighting to take or defend ports.
We have been fighting since the beginning in these seas and on these isles. We fought during the good days and shall fight on during the bad days and we will never give up, these lands, this new world belongs to Spain.

Yet this experience is not to be kept, no it is to be shared amongst all, and we are looking for new blood to join us, to share in what we have learnt.
Old warriors have left us and now we are looking to a new generation of warriors to continue the fight, will you be that new generation?

We are a band of fighters who will never submit to the hegemony of any foreign Nation or to the those who call themselves the Brethern, yet are not brethren to anything but gold.
We help each other to gain experience of fighting our enemies, to sail new ships, in return we ask for your loyalty and friendship, to help with what we need to ensure that our Society grows and thrives.
We seek to revitalise the fighting spirit that we know is present in all Spanish, be they Naval Officers, Privateers or Free Traders. The spirit that never says die, no matter how bleek things may seem.

You do not fight you say, but prefer to explore or trade, we have no problem with that, for we know that each person offers something unique in their own way, that will contribute and help build a strong and healthy society.

Are we the best that Spain has to offer? It would be an insult to all the other Societies to say so, for together we all are Spain and together all Societies must stand to fight for and defend our nation.

All I can say is that if you are looking for Camaraderie, friendship and a chance to give our enemies a bloody nose, look no further than Renegade Legion.

Viva El Rey! Viva Espana!

Nyana
Wednesday, 4th June 2008, 07:57
Impressive 'This is Sparta' style of advertisement :D

Nice job :)

DarthS
Wednesday, 4th June 2008, 09:27
Nice work mate.

We should be able to vote from today.

Theres one quote that I love to use in situations like this, but I can't find it anyware. Thought it was from Richard the 3rd but I can't find it listed anyware.

Went something like "...although we are not the power which once moved heaven and earth, that which we are, we are..."

Hovis
Wednesday, 4th June 2008, 11:19
What's the dealio?

I saw links. Then was baffled.

DarthS
Wednesday, 4th June 2008, 11:54
Some sort of society roleplay competition; to get a list of the active societies I think.

Winners get 30k db and 100k db for the society, runners up get 40k db.

Averell Dalton
Wednesday, 4th June 2008, 12:07
What's the dealio?

I saw links. Then was baffled.

Sorry, here is the link into the explanation:
http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30363

Prizes:

After the census has ended, we will hold a public and government internal vote for the best speech given for each of the nations, as well as for an overall winner. Those societies will receive valuable prizes. The winners in each national category will receive 75000 db towards their society funds. The runner up in each race category will receive 40000 db towards their society funds. The overall winner will receive 100000 db towards their society funds as well as a 30000 for the writer of the award-winning speech.

Flufball
Wednesday, 4th June 2008, 21:29
Spell-check your work, I see "Carribean" " Brethern" and "bleek" needing fixed in there. :p :)

Averell Dalton
Thursday, 5th June 2008, 01:05
Spell-check your work, I see "Carribean" " Brethern" and "bleek" needing fixed in there. :p :)

I typed it in 15 minutes, in notepad, with no spell checker available, what do you expect? Nobel Prize for Literature?

Ludicrouse
Thursday, 5th June 2008, 01:12
I typed it in 15 minutes, in notepad, with no spell checker available, what do you expect? Nobel Prize for Literature?

You could have added an extra 5 minutes and visited http://www.openoffice.org/ - then you wouldnt need to use Notepad and would have a Spellchecker ;)

DarthS
Thursday, 5th June 2008, 08:59

Count yoyrself lucky I didn't try to write it. :p

Flufball
Thursday, 5th June 2008, 18:01
Hey, if I can type with my left hand in a cast and still be sensible enough to correct any errors I make then surely it can't be that hard for the rest of you. :p

Averell Dalton
Thursday, 12th June 2008, 17:26
Speeches are up:
Forum: http://www.burningsea.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60

Spanish Speeches:
http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32269

DarthS
Friday, 13th June 2008, 07:19
More votes needed if we're gonna win!

Uh...should we get the Everquest Renegades to vote? :p

Seraph
Saturday, 14th June 2008, 03:29
I've voted for you Averell.

DarthS
Friday, 27th June 2008, 20:21
Incidentally, we just won 40k.

Well done Averell; me and carfax had a party in your honor and blew it all on wenches+grog.

Khammar
Friday, 27th June 2008, 20:35
Congrats guys.

Gunhead
Saturday, 28th June 2008, 07:19
Good one lads, nice writing there Averell!