PDA

View Full Version : Great job training

justinalot
Thursday, 19th May 2005, 10:12
I would like to thank everyone that joined in on the Gen hold on ISh and the practice sessions we did on towers and back door drops.

Hopefully this gives the newer members an insight into how we do things.

I did this as a information training session to show people what to expect.

I think we need more practice on the CC hold.
I want to try a CC hold on dropship, as these are very good to hold if we have the numbers.
The only problem we find now is that the NME normally turn up on MASS to kill a sqd holding a gen or cc.

We must overcome the first round of people very quickly.
I want to try something that I have seen before which is to work in threes and push out from the A,B,C doors clearing the base of any NMEs, this stops them regrouping inside the base. We then pull back and defend and pick up people on the way back to the CC.
I find that waiting for them does not really work and we have to take the fight to them, from the outside of the base.

This is a hard tactic and once they bring armour we have to pull back.
But by doing this we could gain an extra 5 mins of the hack.

I want to try this and I will call out when to pull back, as we need time to reorganise and repair.

I hope you guys can make comments and speak up if I am doing something that you feel is wrong.

On sunday we will hopefully do a mini VANG training session.

Formations and baited attacks (I love doing those)

FuSs
Thursday, 19th May 2005, 10:50
well done justin. looked good.

NTT
Thursday, 19th May 2005, 15:01
Makes me think about coming back.
But how organised are we nowa days ? is there many online anymore ? is the nme organised in anyway ?

justinalot
Thursday, 19th May 2005, 15:09
I have just come back after a break and so has hovis so see what he writes down also.

I log on at 18:00 and play through to 22:30 during this time I have seen the sqds grow to 20 members and we are just starting to stick together and so specific stuff.

If no ones minds I will continue to keep us together and try to capture the whole base ourselfs and keep on trying, only by learning by our mistakes.

I beleave that if we all stick together and know each others skills we can do anything.

I hope by middle of next week we will be hacking a base and holding from the outside and keeping the NME back on a 2-1 basis.

In short the NME seem quite organised and I think they also relish the gen killers and take up the challange of taking us down.

I am loving PS again and there are still some Vets left and the new guys good bunch.

T10
Thursday, 19th May 2005, 15:54
I'd love to see more. Last night was great, I learnt quite a lot from it and had great fun trying to beat back the hordes. I want more (please).

Nice work there, Justin. :D

Freon
Thursday, 19th May 2005, 19:20
Justin, an observation on pulling out in 3s to kill enemy. I have noted an increase in special assault recently. Especially the TR. I suspect that if we leave gen/ cc area to clear enemy out, we may meet a barrage of plasma, jammer and frag grenades as we try to push up. Maybe if we have enough people certed with splatter max to send 2 maxes down each corridor (in front of course) with at least 1 adv medic/ engineer in support, plus any rexxo we have, we could do it. But a group of rexxo's I suspect, might not last long with the ammount of plasma i reckon we would have to face.

Does anyone else think the special assault has increased recently?
If so, whats the best way for us to push up and take the fight to them?

In principle, I love the idea of going after them as it would put them on the defensive and could cause alot of disorganisation for the enemy. Deffo want to try it. :)

Oh, and nice job all for that Gen hold last night. 30 odd minutes of sheer fun!!!

justinalot
Thursday, 19th May 2005, 21:28
After tonight yes you are correct I was plasma man all night apart from caves

justinalot
Friday, 20th May 2005, 10:32
I would like regulars that are on tonight to cert up VANG.

Lets try some tactics and also even if we miss out on Sunday we can still have some Vang love.

All that are for it just post here to say if your in

moose
Friday, 20th May 2005, 12:21
i wouldn't recommend people go out in groups of 3's to search and destroy. 1 guy with a thumper can make easy work of 3 guys as freon ponted out. i also believe that (and i mean this in the most respectful way possible) not many of our current players are good enough or experienced enough to wander around with experienced enemy players upstairs without the real risk of getting killed, even in groups of 3...

the best option is to stick fast at a gen or cc and just kill anything that comes close, taking in to careful consideration weapon selection and troops positioning. for example keeping jackhammer users at the back lines, only 2 or 3 would do, and all gauss/lasher users at the front, with sa guys in the middle as they vulnerable from infantry attack.

in any given situation we should have 1 guy prepared to heal armor and health non-stop as troops are vulnerable healing. for example a couple of weeks ago only about 4 of us were holding an amp station cc against vastly outnumbering forces but soulreaver (our hero for the hour) was running around like the madhatter healing and fixing us. if i had to put my gun away to self repair i would of gotten killed countlesss times...

we should also be looking at using other empire weapons. when attacking a vs base i think more mcg's would be useful to have around and if against tr bring lashers, the jackhammer is not useful at anything except 3rd person corner camping or twr fights

also as we can only fit 2 maxes in a gal, when we do gal drops and there is no enemy about, we should seek the time to hack a term and get as many maxes out as possible before taking gen down etc, instead of rushing mindlessly downstairs and then later getting owned :eek:

finally, in the same situation, any ce players should deploy as many mines as possible at door entrances and gate entrances to further slow the enemy where possible and put boomers at each door, cos the enemy wont know if they're live or not, plus it can give us a useful heads up on their locations too

btw how many of our guys have audio-amp implant?

FuSs
Friday, 20th May 2005, 12:29
i know its not easy to get into different ts rooms and organize the commando idea
but i really think it could work to have 2 commando squads at cc area
while one team wanders around (all 5 together) and ambushes the enemy at unusual locations (maybe put the biggest kill whores into this special team).

2 days ago at ishundar gen training session i spawned at a tower (was out of ammo and in agile anyways) walked back to base and OS'd their ams and then killed 8 enemies from behind while they were pressing into the gen area.
smart useage of breaker teams would enforce the enemy to team up outside the base and allways watch their back.

PS: if the breaker team dies they can respawn at a base, get mosquitos and fly back to base quite fast.
at least we could give it a try.

moose
Friday, 20th May 2005, 12:42
i agree with shy, i think 1 sqd of general grunts and one sqd of experienced killwhores. the latter sqd should in theory be able to counter anyhthing up to double their numbers, but even then i wouldn't like to see them caught out cos if that sqd goes down, the secondary sqd will most likely get shat on

FuSs
Friday, 20th May 2005, 12:49
we shouldnt try this without the numbers of course.

2 teams (10 guys) at cc (or any other objective)
1 team (5 guys) of kill whores roaming around (all of them need adv medic of course)

makes 15 guys in total which we field pretty often lately.

moose
Friday, 20th May 2005, 12:51
u gonna be pointman on second sqd shy so u die first and cant steal all the kills haha

justinalot
Friday, 20th May 2005, 14:27
I tried this last night and it did work instead of sitting in the CC area we went out and cleared them from the base.

We did get over run but we missed the hack by 5 secs.

I really do think roaming the base in 3 is a great idea and stops the NME from organnising themselfs.

I am finding that the TR are very very organised and certain people know what to do.

We must adapt and come up with something new.

It has to be worth a try and even if we keep getting killed lets see how much difference it makes the more we do it.