PDA

View Full Version : Spanish light fleet defeats British heavy in Port Battle

Hovis
Sunday, 20th July 2008, 15:30
Just in case folks hadn't heard about this one. Saturday night saw the almost total annihilation of the British heavy port battle fleet in combat with a Spanish force of frigates and sleek 4th Rates. Freetraders and Privateers were critical to the victory, as was a newly implemented and successful communication system. Naturally Renegade Legion had nearly an entire squad in the battle and our own Averell Dalton in command. Averell was the tactical wizard who saw the trap the British had laid, ignored it by flying in the face of conventional wisdom, and put hundreds of labour hours of British rated ships, elite Herc variants and Couronne super-galleons to the bottom for comparatively minimal Spanish losses.

As ever when it's port battle I want to be in I didn't get an invite, but we had 24 dedicated captains there, working comms, great command. Nothing but win and Port of Spain remains Spanish. Coupled with the French capturing Puerto Cabezas it's a bad night for the British iron industry.

Daymare
Sunday, 20th July 2008, 20:42
big gz guys

Gunhead
Monday, 21st July 2008, 08:27
Damn good job lads, i can imagine considering Roberts' war history that victory must've tasted like japanese twins dressed in whip cream bikinis!

Hovis
Monday, 21st July 2008, 11:53
Damn good job lads, i can imagine considering Roberts' war history that victory must've tasted like japanese twins dressed in whip cream bikinis!

Yeah. It was tastier because the French took apart another British fleet a few hours before. This map shit is all on again it seems.

Averell Dalton
Monday, 21st July 2008, 12:01
I would not have done it without Johann's and Goody's advice. I must admit that every time I was close to panicking Goody's calm voice would come through and settle me right down.

Hovis
Monday, 21st July 2008, 12:52
Goody is unflappable it's true. You could hide an agitated vulture in his kitchen cupboard and he'd be able to make a cup of tea and remain unflapped.

Seraph
Monday, 21st July 2008, 15:33
I love what youíve done there with the bird and flap thing, you is an artist with words ovis :)

Many grtz too ftw, and god Iím missing the sea now!