PDA

View Full Version : Aion European Open Beta

Neraj
Wednesday, 2nd September 2009, 19:56
Received an email from FilePlanet with a link to collect a key but the landing page states "Your access to the closed beta event has been denied due to Country restrictions.", I'm assuming this is a technical issue. Has anybody else had the same problem?

By any chance does anybody know another way of obtaining a European key?

Cheers

Achillion
Wednesday, 2nd September 2009, 19:59
if u click the link then if u look close u can c north america exclusive

OniKiy
Wednesday, 2nd September 2009, 20:02
Edit: Hmm, strange just checked that myself. Seems weird as a lot of people on FilePlanet complained about receiving messages stating EU open beta. Me thinks either it's a cock up or there is no EU open beta outside buyers. I have a funny feeling File Planets at fault here. That or EU keys are out later on as they start on the 6th.

Edit 2: Seems it was right, the word is that a few keys got mixed in and at this time it's only NA sign ups. EU must come later if they had EU keys, but that is my guess anyways. No clue whats actually happening. But what a retard way to do it if thats the case, making EU paying subscribers wait on the same process as the NA. I guess FilePlanet bites the big one.

Neraj
Wednesday, 2nd September 2009, 20:17
Hmm, lets hope so.

Anybody know of a good link to download the 1.5 European client?

PariaH
Wednesday, 2nd September 2009, 21:13
fileplanet ?:d

http://www.gamershell.com/download_50480.shtml

Jega
Wednesday, 2nd September 2009, 21:15
Full client or just the patch? I got the patch by torrent. Think I found the link for it on www.aionsource.com
http://bit.ly/45UK3B <-- direct link to torrent. only took me a few hours to download.

Neraj
Wednesday, 2nd September 2009, 23:11
Downloading the full client via the official torrent... might take some time though :(

On a plus note, somebody kindly PM'd me a spare beta key on IRC (I hope its real! :o)

Sent an email to Amazon.co.uk to see if they'll send me a key (just in case the first one is fake!)

Achillion
Wednesday, 2nd September 2009, 23:11
apparently i will not be needing a key anyway i was in the closed beta testings. And just got mail wich required me to change password if i wanted and then it stated i would be able to login with my account into the open beta so.

Timer
Thursday, 3rd September 2009, 02:14
apparently my aion install went nuts, i updated to the OB client and im getting something like, "product not available in your country" error on gameguard load.
is it being retarded because its not 6th of september yet or just a random error i can fix?

OniKiy
Thursday, 3rd September 2009, 13:19
Edit: Crap apparently they updated with a link for EU open beta keys but they're all gone. Was posted yesterday, was hoping there was keys left when I made the post. Sorry all if you missed out. :(

@Timer

Your error may well be just an issue with the client, can I ask how you downloaded it? If you have a link to it please post it. I'm thinking you have the US one in which case we can change that over np. It should display as Aion (America) for NA and Aion for EU. If it's the other try changing it.

Peete
Thursday, 3rd September 2009, 15:50
Got my key from this website (http://www.clubic.com/actualite-297396-gagnez-clefs-acceder-beta-test-aion.html), it's in French but it's just a bloody field to fill. :)

edit: no more key available :'(
list of website giving keys (http://eu.aiononline.com/uk/news/eu-open-beta-keys-now-available.html)

adee
Thursday, 3rd September 2009, 17:28
timer it looks like you got one of the known faults found here, they got some fixes but dont no if they work

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/technical-support/43039-compilation-1-5-errors-hopefully-solutions.html

Jega
Thursday, 3rd September 2009, 18:10
Anyone else got their NCsoft launcher saying it's Aion North America they got installed? Does it matter or do I have to do anything to make it european. I've downloaded the game via steam and downloaded the 3gb patch via a torrent.

Timer
Thursday, 3rd September 2009, 18:33
mine was fully downloaded through the nc patcher, so it should be the european one.
it worked before the 3gb patch it just errors when gameguard loads.

WiGgLr
Thursday, 3rd September 2009, 21:24
it installs as US, unless you're that other bloke from the other Aion thread

You can switch between NA/EU in the launcher by going File -> settings -> advanced

Timer
Friday, 4th September 2009, 21:10
it seems gameguard servers werent working for european aion, its all working fine now and i can get to the login screen.

waiting for the damn beta now \o/.

Khammar
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 02:11
Just as a quick dupe post, Bags and I are looking for keys if anyone has one or two to spare.

Killswitch
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 09:54
Do I get access to open Beta if I ordered CE edition of Aion? Or will I need a key?

Achillion
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 10:24
i think u will need a key pre ordering should only give u acces to early start and ce to the extra items and shit

WiGgLr
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 10:30
depends where you bought it from

pre-ordering any flavour gave you access to all beta events, from most retailers

Although they did email keys if that's the case

Neraj
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 11:07
What time does the OB start tomorrow?

Lyngs
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 11:11
What time does the OB start tomorrow?

Announced here (http://eu.aiononline.com/en/news/letter-from-aion-producer-brian-knox-on-open-beta-1.html)

Open Beta starts 9 a.m. PDT (5 p.m. BST, 6 p.m. CEST) on Sunday, September 6th.

Achillion
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 12:12
i pre ordered did not get a key because they were all handed out. The retailers only have a limited amount of keys to hand out. So if u pre ordered only recently u will probably either be lucky to get a retailer who still has some or u wont get one :p.

Neraj
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 13:32
Got my key from Amazon.co.uk, but I had to chase them for it. If this key works I may have a spare one. Will let you know tomorrow evening.

Jega
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 13:48
Anyone else preordered and downloaded from steam? I haven't got a mail with a key. I think I ordered about three weeks ago of more.

adee
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 14:55
got my key as soon as i orderd from d2d, you might want to chase steam for your key

Jega
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 16:22
Just checked my email and I recieved a closed beta invitation but I never logged into it since I was on vacation, you think I'll be able to log into the open beta?

Edit: stupid autocompletion on HTC hero.

Timer
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 16:45
d2d was instant for me as well. maybe steam is just being retarded.

edit: try to make a aion account with that key, if u already have one, update ur aion game password and it might work.

Jega
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 17:16
My account sats it's ready for launch.

adee
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 21:18
i think you will be able to get in then, mine says the same

Jega
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 22:25
Awesomesauce...!!!

Khammar
Saturday, 5th September 2009, 23:07
Managed to find one key, could use another for one of us to use if any of you do end up with a spare.

Timer
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 03:07
wish i could help, but unfornately filefront only hands out keys to american subscribers and im a european one so no luck :\

Khammar
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 04:24
Yeah, we've both got FP subs. Pretty lame when you pay more (we pay VAT) for less. :/

Jega
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 08:48
Morning lads! How's the beta start going? What server have people chosen?

adee
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 09:49
it hasnt started yet lol, think im going to try and get on ariel server when it does though

Jega
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 11:11
Oh, thought it was this morning it was supposed to start.

Khammar
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 11:33
Starts at 5 crazy Island person, 6 civilized Euro time. ;)

(Stupid to start giving away keys on a Friday and then not read email over the weekend. Bastard Dutch sites haha!)

Jega
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 12:05
Bah, was kinda hoping I would have all day to play :( I hungover and need a game fix!

Killswitch
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 13:08
My CE purchase from steam states.

"Pre-Sale offer includes:

37 days of free play when the full game releases.
Access to beta and preview events
Special in-game items "

Will this allow me access to Open Beta today on the game key I received for the full game?

Khammar
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 13:12
Make an account and find out?

Timer
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 13:35
it hasnt started yet lol, think im going to try and get on ariel server when it does though

gonna try to get on ariel as well. even worse, gonna try to make a char named timer which is always taken after the first 15 minutes of a server.

adee
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 13:39
should do killswitch, it does say access to beta

Killswitch
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 14:10
I'll know at 5pm anyway :)

Bagpuss
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 14:12
Achillion, If you've still got that spare key available, i'll take it off your hands :)

Jega
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 14:22
So Ariel server it is? Will people be on TS?

Timer
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 14:28
must be fast tho, because they auto balance server sides.

Jega
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 14:30
I'm a noob when it comes to the time zones. What time will the servers be up if I live in Denmark?

Khammar
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 14:31

Jega
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 14:47
Thx mate.

Khammar
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 14:54
np

OniKiy
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 15:55
What side is everyone going? I should be about on TS at 5pm, hopefully we can get on Ariel and have a good run of it. :)

adee
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 15:59
im going for elyos, thinking about trying the scout class

Timer
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 16:28
elyos templar

Jega
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 16:54
Elyos templar.

Edit: Might not end up on Ariel. Logging servers are fucked, so I'll see what server I can get into

adee
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 18:02
hmm cant see ariel server

OniKiy
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 18:14
So far I keep getting told my password and ID don't match and the NC Soft accounts are over loaded. Me thinks it'll be a bit yet before I can play.

adee
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 18:23
login works fine for me, but it looks like ariel isnt going to be used so we need to pick a new one im trying kromede

Neraj
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 18:24
So far I keep getting told my password and ID don't match and the NC Soft accounts are over loaded. Me thinks it'll be a bit yet before I can play.

Having the same issue :/

adee
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 18:28
gununga went on kromede

Jega
Sunday, 6th September 2009, 23:58
I ended up on Telemachos or something like that. Asmodian side tho.

Achillion
Monday, 7th September 2009, 00:32
k i have had a little lottery pulling names out of a hat of people who wanted a key seems bagpuss won it so if u still need it mate pm me if u do put ur email in it and i'l forward the e mail to u

In addition to this give away i will prolly give away my account to for the duration of open beta if it works seeing as i alredy know what i'll be playing.
More info on this later

Achillion
Monday, 7th September 2009, 15:11
I just got another key for the beta of Aion( i got my ways) so please if u do still need one please post something here and i'll do another lotery.

Achillion
Monday, 7th September 2009, 18:41
no one interested ?

Hovis
Monday, 7th September 2009, 20:34
If nobody else wants it I'll have a pop. Is this a proper beta when you can play whenever or is it another weekend event thing?

KillerB
Monday, 7th September 2009, 21:09
its for one week, started sunday

Neraj
Monday, 7th September 2009, 22:34
Fear me long arms! :p

KillerB
Monday, 7th September 2009, 23:22
lol

Hovis
Monday, 7th September 2009, 23:45
Fear me long arms! :p

Looks like Grendal from that Cockney Viking movie, Beowulf.

Coub
Wednesday, 9th September 2009, 12:59
If anybody still needs a European beta key head on over to http://www.eurogamer.net/ they got about 3900 keys left

Gunhead
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 09:45
Been hearing the PvE is pretty much made of grind and spiders. How's the PvP side of it? Haven't got much time to play atm so will be giving the beta a miss but might give it a spin once IRL things quiet down.

Skullsmasher
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 10:52
I just got another key for the beta of Aion( i got my ways) so please if u do still need one please post something here and i'll do another lotery.

I wouldn't mind the key. having trouble getting one :confused:

oh and im back home after 9 weeks in hospital, heya guys:cool:

Ironman
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 10:57
YAY!!! Welcome home Skully boi.

Gunhead
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 10:58
WB Skull, missed you at the party!

Peete
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 11:02
Skully !
WB mate !
We indeed missed you at the party, you better be there next year !

Jega
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 11:43
Welcome home babe...

Paradine Hawk
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 12:18
Welcome home m8:)

Ludicrouse
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 12:21
About time you old bastard!

Achillion
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 13:34
nice to c u skull looking forward to seeing u ingame only prob is hovis took ur key. check out the website coub mentioned

Skullsmasher
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 14:10
*looks at Bread*

Hand it over!!!! :p

Hovis
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 15:32
You cannot has it, is MINE!!!

The game's not actually that bad either.

Coub
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 16:00
Skully baby I have a spare key if ya want one, cyber me on msn if ya want ;)

Bagpuss
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 16:31
cyber him on msn even if you dont want the key ... :eek:

Urien
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 17:36
Welcome back Skull, all in one piece? Hope the recovery goes well.

Best wishes

Uri

Achillion
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 18:54
officially talked to skull earlier today so much fun to have him back.

On other topic now. I have been hanging out on ginnunga ts seems they got a fair few people that will play. So deffenitly will be playing on same server ass elyos race.
And i officially will switch class to a chanter wich is more awsome in every perspective then the gladiator.

Ludicrouse
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 19:22
officially talked to skull earlier today so much fun to have him back.

On other topic now. I have been hanging out on ginnunga ts seems they got a fair few people that will play. So deffenitly will be playing on same server ass elyos race.
And i officially will switch class to a chanter wich is more awsome in every perspective then the gladiator.

I hope you filled in all the paperwork!

Maxice
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 19:22
Welcome back Skully

FilePlanet has got more keys for all users (both US and Euro)

Khammar
Thursday, 10th September 2009, 19:25
I hope you filled in all the paperwork!

Only faggots play with a heart on their ass.

Skullsmasher
Friday, 11th September 2009, 10:43
Skully baby I have a spare key if ya want one, cyber me on msn if ya want ;)

havent got ur msn adr. PM it to me on this forum please?

Neraj
Friday, 11th September 2009, 14:09
Hope you are feeling better Skull. If you don't get anywhere with a key send me a PM I have one that might* work.

Ludicrouse
Friday, 11th September 2009, 15:15
I now have one spare from a competition i never entered. Aion is shit, so if anyone wants the key to this Korean-grindfuckfest then PM me. First come, first served.

Skullsmasher
Saturday, 12th September 2009, 09:22
got a key off file planet so im sorted. thx tho guys :)

Hovis
Saturday, 12th September 2009, 12:13
I now have one spare from a competition i never entered. Aion is shit, so if anyone wants the key to this Korean-grindfuckfest then PM me. First come, first served.

:eek::eek::eek:

If a grind is so brutal that even Ludi doesn't fancy it then, well, fuck. I'm just in shock.

Timer
Saturday, 12th September 2009, 12:40
theres no grind tbh. i played 2-3 hours a night when i could and im lvl 22 when the max is 50. how is that a grind? and i didnt even know how the game worked since i didnt do closed betas. i can probably do 1-25 in a few days now that i know the quests.

adee
Saturday, 12th September 2009, 13:01
yeah must admit i thought the lvling was going to take longer than it has done due to what people on the aion forums were saying but i got my cleric upto lvl 18 in almost 1 day. must say timer clerics kick arse, i no why u liked it now, nice dps mixed with heals, i can see them being hard to kill.

Ludicrouse
Saturday, 12th September 2009, 13:45
:eek::eek::eek:

If a grind is so brutal that even Ludi doesn't fancy it then, well, fuck. I'm just in shock.

To quote someone else, who cracked me up with this line, "They spent all that time since they released in the East, putting some quests in the game.".

I played, against my better judgment, for a couple of hours the other night with Sean on a Priest but it was rather late when i had finished downloading the client. It bored me to fuck from the off. The next morning i played about 6 hours on a Warrior on another server - i had the stupid idea that maybe the side i had picked was the cause. I got bored fuckless on that.

All i could think was, RFOnline is F2P and this is not.

Maybe it is the crazy way that Korean's love their Grinderiffic gameplay? Perhaps i am bitter that Cryptic are going all Flagshipped on Champions Online? Whatever the reason, im fairly sure that me and Korean Grindfucks do not mix.

By all means, have fun if you can find it in there. Just get it quick before all the Bot's and Farmer's arrive to leave you jaded.

adee
Saturday, 12th September 2009, 14:15
i agree with ya on the lvling, it is fairly boring as fuck tbh no diffrent from any other mmo go here do that type of crap but im hopeing the pvp side of the game is going to be good as its what i sighned up for really with this one.

whats up with champions online? didnt get what you said (Perhaps i am bitter that Cryptic are going all Flagshipped on Champions Online)

Ludicrouse
Saturday, 12th September 2009, 14:50
i agree with ya on the lvling, it is fairly boring as fuck tbh no diffrent from any other mmo go here do that type of crap but im hopeing the pvp side of the game is going to be good as its what i sighned up for really with this one.

whats up with champions online? didnt get what you said (Perhaps i am bitter that Cryptic are going all Flagshipped on Champions Online)

They sapped all the fun out of it by nerfing two thirds of the Frameworks and thereby making people create specific Min/Max builds so they could do anything remotely useful. Flagshipped is a term that appeared after the Bill Roper/Hellgate London fiasco, the company was called Flagship, and they produced a fucked game tbh.

Hovis
Saturday, 12th September 2009, 15:35
So 'to flagship' is the new term for fucking a game up? I like it.

I'm inclined to agree about Aion having dull gameplay. I mean compared to the first levels of WAR that were properly fun I think it's a big step down in that regard, but that said the first levels are over pretty soon no matter how much fun they are, or not.

Timer
Saturday, 12th September 2009, 15:35

from what i read i think ncsoft is going to limit the ammount of players on each side, something in the lines of if theres too many chars on 1 side u cant create any on that side until it balances out.
lets see how it works out in the long run. from what i read long ago as well the balaur arent suposed to be a bunch of useless assholes like the npcs on warhammer and can help the lowest number side in abyss.

Ludicrouse
Saturday, 12th September 2009, 15:41
So 'to flagship' is the new term for fucking a game up? I like it.

I'm inclined to agree about Aion having dull gameplay. I mean compared to the first levels of WAR that were properly fun I think it's a big step down in that regard, but that said the first levels are over pretty soon no matter how much fun they are, or not.

Flagshipped to be exact. It is kind of like being Rick-Rolled, but it leaves you out of pocket.

Bagpuss
Saturday, 12th September 2009, 18:57
Heres my take on it so far.

Classes, all fairly competent at the expense of TTK. Templar ...very slow TTK, assassin.. very fast TTK, Sorc ...really fucking fast TTK. The downside being the normal.. "if you can nuke the shit out of it, you're squishy".

Levelling curve, seems fairly solid and not unlike any of the current crop of mmo's out there. Where people may be having problems is that its different ... a hard to define difference ... i describe it as being very, well, Asian .. once you get past this and start to figure things out its bloody good fun.

Going to agree with the other chaps here about the questing, its a doddle, once you get your head around how it works, and no grind needed in the long term. Grinding can be used effectivley to speed level or just to obtain items, for example i did 17-19 without doing a single quest because is was short of items/gold on the assassin. It works both ways.

Not embarked in the PVP thing yet .. but hey ho ..

It may get a look in at release, unsure as yet.

Tapja
Sunday, 13th September 2009, 12:08
They sapped all the fun out of it by nerfing two thirds of the Frameworks and thereby making people create specific Min/Max builds so they could do anything remotely useful.

Really? If you mean, for PvP, then yes, there are some pretty specific powers you take in order to be a lot better off than people without those. But that did not change, just the powers are now different. Its the way things are if you give everyone pretty much free reign over which powers they take. Or are you just pissed your Power Armors lolimmune got nerfed to a more earthly level?

Ludicrouse
Sunday, 13th September 2009, 12:23
Really? If you mean, for PvP, then yes, there are some pretty specific powers you take in order to be a lot better off than people without those. But that did not change, just the powers are now different. Its the way things are if you give everyone pretty much free reign over which powers they take. Or are you just pissed your Power Armors lolimmune got nerfed to a more earthly level?

Not the thread for this. However, i did not use Invuln even though i am mostly Power Armour. Im pissed that they buttfucked people who had a Character concept that was not Min/Maxed. They did not nerf the stuff that really needed it. Now everyone is running around with Munition's or a really overpowered AoE. Infinite possibilities my fucking arse!

Tapja
Monday, 14th September 2009, 10:26
Not the thread for this. However, i did not use Invuln even though i am mostly Power Armour. Im pissed that they buttfucked people who had a Character concept that was not Min/Maxed. They did not nerf the stuff that really needed it. Now everyone is running around with Munition's or a really overpowered AoE. Infinite possibilities my fucking arse!

I guess I was lucky then that my concept was munitions :P

That said, I'm not doing that badly with my mostly single target TK as well (Blade Frenzy is my only AoE). Have to be a lot more careful though, mostly due to having an offensive passive rather than defensive.

Overall, I'm actually having fun, when not trying to quest in Lemuria in primetime, that zone is rather fucked over by lag at the moment.

Oh, and to sound moderatly on topic, I did not take part in Aion OB nor am I very likely to play it from start.