PDA

View Full Version : i-23

Pegasus
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 05:56
I dont know if many of you know about the insomnia series, but its about that....insomnia......4 days of 24h gaming.....drinking and tourneys not forgetting food :D

anyway, ive been to the previous events and enjoyed them.

Thaught it woud be anice idea for RL to meet at one.

Clicky: http://www.multiplay.co.uk/i23/

GuardianAnge1
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 12:34
doubt its going to happen m8, most of us have too much work.. well, at least i do

Hincey
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 12:52
doesnt look like that bad an idea, i'd prolly b up for it

Echor
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 13:06
I might be able to make that!

Would be interesting to meet some of you guys

sweeper666
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 13:17
i dont live in the UK

GuardianAnge1
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 13:29
i think it would be even better if we went paintballing instead of just playing computer games, which we do together anyway....

Ludicrouse
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 13:34
Me going to Insomnia all depends on if i can get my mate to go :)

GA: PaintBalling wud be hilarious... there is the National Paintball Fields by me.. Good place. They end the day with a huge 75 againts 75 team deathmatch! Oure class!!!

Hincey
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 13:42
i think it would be even better if we went paintballing instead of just playing computer games, which we do together anyway....

true but it just aint got teh same attraction IMO as 4 days of 24 hour gaming now that sounds like my kinda thing and they got a Bar!!!! cmon what else could ya want? :D

would be up for the paint ballin as well but just prefer the idea of the Lan party

GuardianAnge1
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 13:49
They end the day with a huge 75 againts 75 team deathmatch!

we need gals...

____

I think paintballing would be fun becuase we could actually see who IS the best out of game, and in game. Much more interesting than just sitting at a computer for 120 or so hours. + i dont have a good enough machine yet :(

One Armed Scissor
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 14:26
id have a probelm with transport and i need my sleep... without it i turn into a mindless zombie... and paintballing is painfull

Vasquez
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 15:14
PAINTBALL SUCKS ASS!

paintball sucks beacause:

the vast majority of ppl who go there are friends of Rebb, and will cheat, shout abuse at and stab you. and generally be pricks.

paintball guns lookg ghey

paintball guns easily lose their hopper so u lose 50 paintballs and have to reload.

paintballs are heavy and big which means they can hurt when they hit u and they have a tiny range. they're also stupidly inaccurate.

paintball guns use gas. gas runs out quick and costs a lot to reload.

paintball games are unrealistic and stupid

yes, paintball sucks. well, it dosnt suck. i mean its fun, but it sucks compared to Airsoft.

WTF is airsoft? well airsoft is similar to piantball so far as its a bunch of guys running about shooting each other. but instead of using paintball guns, u use airsoft guns. these fire 6mm plastic pellets which dont hurt and go much further than paintballs, much more accurately. the guns are also replics of real life guns like MP5s, desert eagles, M16s, AK47s and so on. u can get heavy metal guns, light plastic guns, loud guns, quiet guns, guns that kick, guns that dont, guns that hold 500 pellets in a mag, guns that hold 30 pellets in a mag, sniper rifles, machineguns, shotguns, grenade launchers, revolvers, handguns, modern guns, WW2 guns, everything. most of the ppl who play are ex-military and everyone's pretty dedicated so u get LOTS of teamplay and coordination. and most ppl use realistic kit with helmets, webbing, kevlar, camo and so on. you almost certianly live with 1 hours drive of a skirmish site, probably less than that. takes about half an hour to get to either of the 3 i visit. everyone is very friendly. they'll giveu advice, help with any technical problems or confussion. they'll talk with you, maybe let you hold or shoot their gun a little. some of them may even lend u gear if ur in a spot of bother, like u forgot your magazines or something. renting a gun costs about 15 and ammunition is about 8 for 3700 pellets which will last 2 or 3 days of fighting if you're trigger happy.
there are also theme games, often influenced by films and games. there have been numurous Resident Evil days played in abandoned nuclear bunkers and the like. there's been a half life game i know of. there's stargate games, WW2 days, WW1 days, ultra-realistic days. but msot of the time its just regular come along and have some fun killing each other.
incase ur wondering, the pellets do not mark your clothes. it is down to you to know when you're hit and to 'take your hit' i.e. go back to the safe zone/hosipital until the next round/you get sent back in or wait for a medic to revive you. it is very easy to cheat. however in all my years playing i have only seen one or 2 ppl cheat, and they were swiftly removed.

there was an Airsoft Promotional Video a lil while ago that was absolutely awesome but it seems to have dissapeared from the net. its still on my old HD so ill try positing it up for you all, but for now, here's is the noly half-decent movie i could find.

http://www.satan.ascuk.net/videos/TSpreview.wmv

yes, i am a fanboy but its all true and is such a great sport :D

GuardianAnge1
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 15:21
sorry, you were saying :) ?

Hincey
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 15:24
id have a probelm with transport and i need my sleep... without it i turn into a mindless zombie... and paintballing is painfull

You actuallly read the link? there is a courier service avalable to pick up your comp so you can get there without heaving all your comp gear to the event, and you dont have to play all night long m8, there is a place to kip you just gotta bring a sleepin bag. @ the paintballin remark lol your a pussy they dont hurt that much :D

@ Vas i take it ur not up for the Lan party ting? cos ya kinda went off on a random angle ;)

GuardianAnge1
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 15:30
lol your a pussy they dont hurt that much

^^ thats what makes it fun. Whats the point of firing at eachother if it doesnt cause pain? Oh, right, (he's a helo pilot... they're all pussys :D)

Pegasus
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 17:17
The sleaping area is usally crowded and stuffy, so its sensible to bring a tenty.

Vasquez
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 18:03
i wasnt complaining about the pain, that was paul. but some ppl dont like it, and airsoft dosnt hurt.

i would be up for i-23 but i cant make it :( just guardian suggested paintball which is not of my pet peeves.

Ludicrouse
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 18:05
Paintball is not painful you puff....

Its hilarious... cuz all of your hard earned CS skills go out the window as you leggit from about 20 guys with Markers.....

PUSSEH!

One Armed Scissor
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 18:10
i cant be assed going to some LAN party thing anyway, knowing my luck id loose my pc or break it or something... and it is painful, ive done it before i had loads of bruises afterwards

GuardianAnge1
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 18:11
i agree with ludi.

vasq:

PAINTBALL SUCKS ASS!

paintball sucks beacause:

the vast majority of ppl who go there are friends of Rebb, and will cheat, shout abuse at and stab you. and generally be pricks.
i agree
paintball guns lookg ghey
who cares?
paintball guns easily lose their hopper so u lose 50 paintballs and have to reload.
only if you're a spastic/turn it upside down. its one thing that makes it fun.
paintballs are heavy and big which means they can hurt when they hit u and they have a tiny range. they're also stupidly inaccurate.
they WILL hurt you. That makes it fun so that you dont want to get hit. The range can be changed. Depending on the gas specification. Inaccuracy is a challange you have to get around.
paintball guns use gas. gas runs out quick and costs a lot to reload.
no it doesnt. 1 canister will last you like 5-10 rounds which is the most you play in a days game
paintball games are unrealistic and stupid
they look like they look. they're not supposed to be like real guns.

schlag

Paradine Hawk
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 18:23
i need my sleep... without it i turn into a mindless zombie
you don't get much sleep then do ya :p

Vasquez
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 18:23
no, paintball games are not meant to be real guns GA. that's very astute of you :rolleyes:

Flufball
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 18:55
Peg, I've been planning for i-23 since before christmas, so yes I'm going, however I'll be with |R| in the MoH section, (By ferky probaly, lol should be fun).

Hincey
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 22:14
so.......gettin bk to the point who's up for i-23 ?

Flufball
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 22:27
Hincey manages to miss my whole message there. Ya nubbin :P I'm going to i-23 for deffinate.

One Armed Scissor
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 23:14
i need my sleep... without it i turn into a mindless zombie
you don't get much sleep then do ya :p

unfortuneatly no

Pegasus
Sunday, 16th January 2005, 06:29
Im not sure where ill be sitting, since BmF is in peices ill be sitting with RL.

Flufball
Sunday, 16th January 2005, 15:22
Nooo, come join |R| with me ferk star and harry, all we need is zwo and we've absorbed BmF, unless yer going with BmF's eve corp? :P

Fusion
Sunday, 16th January 2005, 15:25
I've added the dates to the Calendar. I would like to go, but it is dependant on me getting a job in the meantime to pay for it :)

Flufball
Sunday, 16th January 2005, 15:41
And if you did get said job, getting time of work for it :p

Pegasus
Monday, 17th January 2005, 00:51
Depends Fluf, i think the only people from EvE (BmF) that will go will be Boss, so it depends where hes gonna sit, tbh id like to sit with RL.

Btw: it costs about 60 to go and you need to take your own PC and Moniter (altho there is a rental service for Moniters)

Early arrival (Thursday Night) is and extra 10 if you want it.

Fusion
Monday, 17th January 2005, 01:06
And if you did get said job, getting time of work for it :p It's over the Easter weekend so it shouldn't be too much trouble :)

Pegasus
Monday, 17th January 2005, 01:20
Just thaught id post some pics to some of the previous events that i went to.

i17 as you can see my sleeping arrangements were top quality ( and no my tenty wasent stolen :D )

http://www.clanbmf.co.uk/gal/i17%20-%20someone%20stole%20pegs%20tent.htm

This pic was teken halway along the lengh of the room, thers another 2 levels.
http://www.clanbmf.co.uk/gal/i17%20-%20view.htm

The Venu (pah, i can't spell) Newbery Racecourse.
http://www.clanbmf.co.uk/gal/i15%20-%20The%20Grandstand.htm

Im serious about going, so id like to see RL there :)

GuardianAnge1
Monday, 17th January 2005, 02:06
if i get my new computer in time, then i might come with a friend.. looks nice

Hincey
Monday, 17th January 2005, 03:10
Right i'm definatly up for it gonna try and blag LivingShadow aka Gstar to come as well

Peete
Monday, 17th January 2005, 14:21
No, airsoft doesn't hurt (http://www.big-boys.com/articles/cheatatpaintball.html). :p

GuardianAnge1
Monday, 17th January 2005, 15:09
lol.. but he got hit like 200 times and he was still okay.

if you got that with painballs, you'd be dead :)

Flufball
Monday, 17th January 2005, 15:15
Oooh the memories, you only came down for the sat on i15 though didnt you peg?

i15 pics have me in it, with bloody short hair two years ago, omg omg omg lol, I still have that t-shirt as well, it still fits.