PDA

View Full Version : Question about Warlock

FuSs
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 08:42
There is lots of oppositional information about the warlock out there.
Most people say that the warlock is weak in pve and pvp.
The minority says that the warlock is able to deal out the most damage of all classes and is the best solo char in pve.

Anyone played warlock long enough to tell me the truth ?

Both are perfect starter chars on a new server.
Caster with pet and free horse or 'Warrior' who gets awesome weapons for free and a free horse...

TheIcon
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 14:50
There is lots of oppositional information about the warlock out there.
Most people say that the warlock is weak in pve and pvp.
The minority says that the warlock is able to deal out the most damage of all classes and is the best solo char in pve.

Anyone played warlock long enough to tell me the truth ?

Both are perfect starter chars on a new server.
Caster with pet and free horse or 'Warrior' who gets awesome weapons for free and a free horse...

I think most poeple give up learning to play the class, a friend of mine stoped at level 17 as he kept losing his pet every 2nd pull (he was holding on to his Imp for the bloodpact spell and dident want to upgrade to voidwalker).

You have to learn when you use your pet, learn which spells and in which ordre they work best. And try and figure out which talents is best for you :)

Once your high enough level you can get spells that dominate demons, you can learn to summon Infernals and Doomguards. Ofcause it all comes at a price... not every Doomguard summoned likes his master and might end up killing him duing or after the summoning ritual.

I'm quite sure that warlocks can be badass mofo's who dont take no crap from no body, but the road to mastering it is longer then mastering a sword and shield.

Deathwatch
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 18:43
Warlocks are very good PvP and PvE imo, it just depends on how you play them. Like hunters, they can tank with pets, but in stead of being weapon based, they are magic based damage wise. In groups they add DoTs, summoning of group members, soulstones (important) and healthstones, plus a decent buff (bloodpact). In PvP they can nuke pretty effectively and fear.

Their pets do get better, first the imp, then voidwalker, then succubus then felhunter and then the felsteed. After that two more pets are possible - Infernal and Doomguard, but both are not gained through trainers.

FuSs
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 19:02
sounds very good to me.
what i saw in game was also very impressive.
hard decision: paladin or warlock ... maybe both :rolleyes:

Prince
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 19:33
you be paladin, cause i'll go Warlock already :)

Lyngs
Saturday, 15th January 2005, 21:01
Warlock engineers rock at group control.

Jega
Sunday, 16th January 2005, 01:03
I've been tempted to play a warlock for some time now... we'll see if I actually try it in retail :)