PDA

View Full Version : Still playing

Fusion
Friday, 23rd July 2010, 22:29
Am I the only one of us still playing TF2?

Echor
Friday, 23rd July 2010, 23:10
My kids play it everyday, does that count?

Fusion
Saturday, 24th July 2010, 19:05
Hehehe :p

Grillkohle
Saturday, 24th July 2010, 22:30
I play every once in a while, but not very often.

Flufball
Saturday, 24th July 2010, 22:39
Yes, when I remember I have it. I skipped a bit and then when I came back everyone had different hats and guns and what have you and I've never really been able to get to grips with it since.

Fusion
Sunday, 25th July 2010, 15:27
Most of the hats and guns are given out periodically in random drops and when you hit an achievement milestone, others can be crafted from the drops. Its basically to provide an incentive to keep people playing, which it seems to do quite well...

Echor
Sunday, 25th July 2010, 16:00
just saw my eldest running about on TF2 with a chocolate bar.....

Grillkohle
Monday, 26th July 2010, 00:58
The new engineer patch looks quite cool though. I haven't gotten any of the unlockables yet, but the fact that you can pick up and redeploy your buildings after you've placed and upgraded them is already pretty sweet.

Fusion
Tuesday, 27th July 2010, 09:20
Moving stuff is defintely good, Though I find sentry guns are one thing that really piss me off in this game and they can force games to stalemate far too easily. I'm expecting some servers to start limiting the number of engineers per team.

OniKiy
Tuesday, 27th July 2010, 10:45
The only issue with the engineer update I have seen is the fact the Wrangler can add a shield onto the larger sentry. It makes an already hard task into the realms of annoyance. Otherwise I like how the update has been, the shotgun 'Fronteer Justice' giving crits based on kills is a tad annoying. Crits are okay so long as they aren't gaurenteed. It makes people play based on the fact they 'know' they'll get maximum damage for every kill the sentry gets.

If any thing I think it's added more importance onto the other class benifits and co-op strategys. The uber has become even more important, and as the uber build time is a tad long. Protecting the Medic has became important as well. It's nice to see some minor changes in class play and to finally have the engineer be more than what it was.

Bam
Tuesday, 27th July 2010, 11:55
Well I tried out TF2. But it just fails for me compared to its predeccesor TFC. Man I loved tfc.

I know there is a mod Fortress Forever but hardly anyone seems to play that. Sad panda.

Fusion
Wednesday, 28th July 2010, 15:38
If any thing I think it's added more importance onto the other class benifits and co-op strategys. The uber has become even more important, and as the uber build time is a tad long. Protecting the Medic has became important as well. It's nice to see some minor changes in class play and to finally have the engineer be more than what it was. Sadly, co-op strategies are difficult to organise in pickup games (I played KoTH for the first time recently, and my teammates seemed to be completely unaware of the CP in the middle.

I'd agree, the ‹bercharge, definitely takes too long to charge up so it is very difficult to break a Sentry lock.

50kal
Wednesday, 28th July 2010, 17:05
what is your steam name fusion ?? since i still play once and a while

Grillkohle
Wednesday, 28th July 2010, 17:09
Meh, I find sentries are not that hard to destroy. In most public games it's fairly easy to destroy a sentry as a sniper or demoman if you know what you're doing. Obviously sometimes it's hard to get through, especially if there are multiple well placed sentries that are being covered by the enemy team, but then again, if the enemy team plays together that well and you do not, you don't stand much of a chance anyway.

Fusion
Thursday, 29th July 2010, 09:14
what is your steam name fusion ?? since i still play once and a while

As my signature: http://steamcommunity.com/id/FusionReaktor :D

Fusion
Thursday, 29th July 2010, 09:15
Meh, I find sentries are not that hard to destroy. In most public games it's fairly easy to destroy a sentry as a sniper or demoman if you know what you're doing. Obviously sometimes it's hard to get through, especially if there are multiple well placed sentries that are being covered by the enemy team, but then again, if the enemy team plays together that well and you do not, you don't stand much of a chance anyway. I've never really gotten on that well as a Demoman. My favourite class at the moment is Pyro (been whoring the achievements) so Sentrys can be a real pain.

EvilNookiEPoring
Saturday, 7th August 2010, 18:55
Absolutely love pyro. Find a good bottleneck and rack up the kills :D