PDA

View Full Version : Sources for PS2 information

James24
Tuesday, 10th April 2012, 17:24
Just consolidating the best sources for PS2 news :)

http://www.planetside-universe.com/ <- Best, nearly everything gets posted here.

http://www.planetside2.com/ <--- offical site

twitter photos. The photo links are better as twitter is generally filled with rubbish.
http://twitter.com/#!/PS_TRay
http://yfrog.com/user/PS_TRay/photos

http://twitter.com/#!/mhigby
http://yfrog.com/user/mhigby/photos

http://twitter.com/#!/NaniteSystems

Joeskibobs
Thursday, 12th April 2012, 04:13
I've had a few nuggets from the facebook page they have

http://www.facebook.com/PlanetSide2

Gstar
Thursday, 10th May 2012, 18:52
best place to find stuff on PS2 is reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/). Also here is an AMAA with Matt Higby http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/r8ofp/im_matt_higby_10_year_online_games_industry/ .

Gunhead
Tuesday, 29th May 2012, 08:23
Just noticed there's plenty of screenies etc. @ PS-Universe i at least haven't seen before: http://www.planetside-universe.com/media.php

the MAX-suits look bloody awesome!

Rebel
Tuesday, 29th May 2012, 14:16
Looks like you can mix and match different arm combo's so guessing that left and right click control each side respectively?

James24
Tuesday, 29th May 2012, 14:27
Looks like you can mix and match different arm combo's so guessing that left and right click control each side respectively?

Thats cool actually. Reminds me of the glocks from MW2 :D. I wonder if there will be any other dual wielding - maybe not probably.

I cant see the point much of having AA + AI (at least sparrow and scatter makes no sense). But the advantage of having AV + AI would come in handy in situations where we have had to make a call between having only either a scatter and falcon.

Have people seen the other TotalBiscuit videos? I might make a new thread and post all the videos.

Ludicrouse
Tuesday, 29th May 2012, 15:18
Have people seen the other TotalBiscuit videos? I might make a new thread and post all the videos.

Use this one you pillock. :shinner:

Inyista
Tuesday, 29th May 2012, 15:25
I cant see the point much of having AA + AI (at least sparrow and scatter makes no sense).

Might help against infantry bailing on your head before you manage to shoot them down. Not that you'll manage to shoot anything down if you bring only 1 AA gun.

James24
Tuesday, 29th May 2012, 16:02
Use this one you pillock. :shinner:

They get lost into the bowels of discussion. I like making sticky threads, I feel powerful:(

Ludicrouse
Tuesday, 29th May 2012, 16:18
They get lost into the bowels of discussion. I like making sticky threads, I feel powerful:(

This one is already stickied... permission to be a pillock denied. :shinner:

James24
Tuesday, 29th May 2012, 16:20
This one is already stickied... permission to be a pillock denied. :shinner:

I'll stick you somewhere if you're not careful :p

Ludicrouse
Tuesday, 29th May 2012, 16:33
I'll stick you somewhere if you're not careful :p

V-V-B.

FuSs
Tuesday, 29th May 2012, 18:58
NC max looks bloody damn awesome!!!

TomS
Wednesday, 30th May 2012, 19:22
NC max looks bloody damn awesome!!!

looks like those robot things from avatar... pretty awesome

Ludicrouse
Friday, 1st June 2012, 09:28
Last nights live Stream...

onvySU5NkFo

Ludicrouse
Friday, 1st June 2012, 09:35
PC Gamer UK's July Edition (No. 241) is giving out Beta Keys. Goes on general sale next Thursday 7/6/12.

Beta is "going to be quick", i think that means soon in non-American.

Release date from said PC Gamer magazine is listed as "Winter 2012".

Inyista
Friday, 1st June 2012, 11:00
Loads of information in that stream :)

Beta "very very quick" but after E3.

James24
Friday, 1st June 2012, 12:59
I watched it live last night. Looks very promising.

Beta can't start until the 20th August, when I return from China!!!!!

Ludicrouse
Friday, 1st June 2012, 13:41
I watched it live last night. Looks very promising.

Beta can't start until the 20th August, when I return from China!!!!!

Based on what i have heard... late June is my new guess.

James24
Friday, 1st June 2012, 15:04
Based on what i have heard... late June is my new guess.

They like drum rolling interest, they gave those other keys out in March. To be honest I have no idea when it'll be...:confused:

Ludicrouse
Friday, 1st June 2012, 15:11
If they are aiming for a Winter 2012 release then they will need atleast 4-6 Months of Closed Beta. Typical Beta's for F2P titles involve very large populations compared to Subscription titles as the developers are not too fussed about people "burning out". You can see this in the fact that previous PS1 players, PCGamer and Competition beta keys all get access at the same time according to Higby.

Still, if they want to hit early Winter 2012, late November to December, they will need to be starting beta within the next month. E3 Beta Date announcement is on the cards and has been hinted at by T-Ray and Higby.

James24
Friday, 1st June 2012, 15:19
I would take the release date from pcgamer with a pinch of salt. Another magazine had ps2 placed firmly as a 2013 game.

Ludicrouse
Friday, 1st June 2012, 15:52
I would take the release date from pcgamer with a pinch of salt. Another magazine had ps2 placed firmly as a 2013 game.

There are two really important "laws" about MMO Releases...

Do not release your MMO in the Summer months of the Northern Hemisphere. EVER. DONT. STOP. It's fucking suicidal.
Never release at the same time as anything in World of Warcraft.

Winter 2012 is a strong possibility, do not forget that everything you have seen so far will be atleast 2 months behind what they actually have their fingers on in Internal Testing. I think Nov '12 -> Feb '13 is the most likely release window.

Do not forget that as a F2P MMOFPS which has no direct competitor they can get away with alot more than your common or garden MMORPG which has a much more crowded genre.

Then there is the financial argument. With this game being F2P they will not have any income until the Microtransaction Store opens at release, this will ofcourse create an impotus for releasing the game sooner rather than later... otherwise nobody gets fucking paid and the Dole queue gets that bit longer.

Endangerment
Saturday, 2nd June 2012, 11:57
I wonder if they will do a launch package like mechwarrior, that's $60 but gives you $80 of ingame currency.

Inyista
Saturday, 2nd June 2012, 12:21
SOE runs different type of events. As the marketplace is shared amonst most games, so are the events they run.

- Double SC weekends. About once every other month, usually around US holidays. Any SC you purchase (sometimes just from SC cards, and never from SMS payments) get you double the SC for same amount real life money.

- Triple SC day. Once a year. Same as double SC, except that you get tripple. Last one was at April 28th.

- Discounts. 20% to 50% discount on certain items purchased in the marketplace. Usually some items on discount, rotating every week. Sometimes they have a special weekend with loads of items on discount.

- Rebate. They've done this twice so far. Gives you back part of the spend SC after buying something. Last time (May 25th) also included a 50% rebate on subscriptions.

- Station Cash cards bought at certain stores gives 500 bonus SC per card, all the time. Bonus SC is doubled at double SC weekends.

Assuming PS2 subscriptions will also be offered on the marketplace, just like eq2 subs are, you can play with a sub for just 1.40€ a month. Buy SC at triple weekend, and pay for a year (or more) at a rebate day.

We'll be paying PSS1 instead of SOE though. They'll have similar events, but around european holidays instead of us holidays.

Ludicrouse
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 10:54
http://i.imgur.com/UFK3b.jpg

I felt slightly sick when i saw the total domination of the British Isles by the Terran Republic. :shinner:

Flufball
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 14:31
That's what happens when people allow James to entertain all this bollocks of switching empires. We can get back to sorting that out, just as soon as we deport him to China. :p

James24
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 14:55
That's what happens when people allow James to entertain all this bollocks of switching empires. We can get back to sorting that out, just as soon as we deport him to China. :p

Well since both British Columbia and China are Vs seems I have no choice but to align with my homies.

JollyT has said that Mercs have been having the same kind of discussion, but pretty much gonna wait and see in beta.

We also discussed with mercs the possibility of working together and they were highly motivated for this.

Peete
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 15:24
http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/uzt1d/looks_like_some_clans_have_been_invited_early/

WTF, we haven't been invited yet ? :eek:

Ludicrouse
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 15:29
James24 I take it they are concerned their Mosquito no longer comes in Blue & Yellow? :shinner:

Peete Fucking insulting if you ask me. I could understand picking individual players out but, trying not to sound arrogant, not picking RL out of the crowd is short-sighted.

Peete
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 15:35
Prolly because we are dirty Euros :'(

Flufball
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 16:11
I blame Moose. :p

James24
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 16:32
Peete Fucking insulting if you ask me. I could understand picking individual players out but, trying not to sound arrogant, not picking RL out of the crowd is short-sighted.

I agree. I would have thought the first thing to do would be to look at the 15 or so outfits who actually got to 10,000,000 outfit points :(. Considering we were 2nd on Werner, and 1st on NC...

Ludicrouse
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 16:38

I agree. I would have thought the first thing to do would be to look at the 15 or so outfits who actually got to 10,000,000 outfit points :(. Considering we were 2nd on Werner, and 1st on NC...

...we were the most organised, had the greatest number of CR5's when that was an actual achievement and Command chat was not full of idiot *****, and had the most players from a single Outfit in the "Top 10" board.

You missed alot a small bit.

James24
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 16:59
You missed alot a small bit.

but they arent going to remember any of that are they.

Still seems a bit unfair. I could have got at least a week of gameplay in before i go to China :(

Ludicrouse
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 17:05
but they arent going to remember any of that are they.

Still seems a bit unfair. I could have got at least a week of gameplay in before i go to China :(

It will all be in the stats which they still collect but do not actually display anymore.

They have a fuck-ton of information, statistics and metrics to call upon to see who would be worthwhile additions. IMHO, i think they are just ignoring the European Outfits as afaik it is all Yank Outfits that have had invites.

Endangerment
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 18:19
Group spam of Higby of twitter?

Echor
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 18:42
Group spam of Higby of twitter?Try it, I did send him an email ages ago, but that was last year before they actually admitted that they hadn't started work on it yet!

Ludicrouse
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 18:50
Something slightly more elegant than mass spam i think. Another e-mail could be a good shout, perhaps with links to our current forum and the old forum (http://renegades.rtcw.co.uk/).

Pointing out our history would make a good impression im sure.

Peete
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 19:25
Mentioning the outfit name should be enough tbh.

James24
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 19:57
Link also the outfit videos, past (if you can find any) and those ones i did last year. Might get us some kudos.

Flufball
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 20:38
Just send them lots of videos of Tata/Kham speaking, as (take note Hincey) their American accents might help.

Ludicrouse
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 20:41
According to one of the Lead Producers this First Platoon thing is just forum access and a large discussion of what the various communities would like to see.

Gunhead
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 20:42
Mentioning the outfit name should be enough tbh.

Definitely should bloody be! I mean seriously without much hybris the Renegade Legion invented many of the base take/defend tactics empolyed on both sides of the pond.

In some sense we ARE the motherfucking Planetside!

PS. Yea i'm a tad drunk...

Flufball
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 20:50
Are you ever sober though?

Ludicrouse
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 20:54
Are you ever sober though?

Confusing Gunhead with Skull: -100 DKP.

Gunhead
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 21:01
YEA! Shut up you stupid cyclopsy stupidhead and listen/read the sense everybody but me is making! Wandering emo/hipster skiing dude guy...

Flufball
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 21:44
Confusing Gunhead with Skull: -100 DKP.

DKP-what? No idea what that is and there's a clear difference between Skull and Gunhead. One's from Finland, the others a Danish (or Swedish, I never remember) barmaid. See? Job done.

YEA! Shut up you stupid cyclopsy stupidhead and listen/read the sense everybody but me is making! Wandering emo/hipster skiing dude guy...

Skiing? SKIIING?! I've never been so insulted.

Bloody skiing.

Khammar
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 23:27
According to one of the Lead Producers this First Platoon thing is just forum access and a large discussion of what the various communities would like to see.

And it's not limited to PS1 outfits. It's also including people like FPS casters and TF2 clans, etc. They're not trying to get the best of the best elite awesome PS1 clans (which is making a bunch of people rage a bit as to why that might be) but instead extend invites to other game communities.

Because they want to have a big hit, and one way they see of doing that is to reach out to people outside of the PS ecosystem.

Besides, can you imagine how many people would be in that group if they took 1-3 people from every good outfit as well as the outsiders and the obvious community leaders (metagame PS1, talking like Hamma from PSU, etc.) . . . ? There were probably dozens of outfits per server that were good enough to have a say.

This First Platoon is half marketing and half development focus group. Would we love to have a voice in there? Hell yes.

But I doubt that telling them more than "we're RL, top Werner NC outfit, and we'd like to offer a voice in the process" is going to have effect. (But if you want to tell them that I live a few miles from their offices and bake good cookies. Fine by me.)

Khammar
Wednesday, 13th June 2012, 23:29
Not to mention, James, I know you're all "ooo, ah em a cohlludge mahn" and stuff, but WTF switch empires?

We're NC.

James24
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 00:40
Not to mention, James, I know you're all "ooo, ah em a cohlludge mahn" and stuff, but WTF switch empires?

We're NC.

Didnt you see the graph of level of education vs. empire of choice?

Meh. Most people want to stick NC so I am happy to do that. But if we end up with gimped weapons and a shit tank I am blaming you lot :p

Ironman
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 00:46

Meh. Most people want to stick NC so I am happy to do that. But if we end up with gimped weapons and a shit tank I am blaming you lot :p
Blaming us for your failure to accomplice anything?!? Are we talking PS1 or PS2.. Oh wait nevermind. Same same. ;) :D

James24
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 00:48
Blaming us for your failure to accomplice anything?!? Are we talking PS1 or PS2.. Oh wait nevermind. Same same. ;) :D

I blame the galaxy pilot bailing me out over the sea...

Ironman
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 00:54
I blame the galaxy pilot bailing me out over the sea...
He just did the right thing. Call it trimming the fat, dump the garbage or just good judgement. But he was right. ;)

James24
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 00:57
He just did the right thing. Call it trimming the fat, dump the garbage or just good judgement. But he was right. ;)

You wound me.

Khammar
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 01:36

No. I can't read. I dropped out of high school.

If we end up with gimped weapons and a shit tank I'll blame it on you failing to communicate what needs to be changed clearly with your highly educated words. :)

James24
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 02:21
no. I can't read. I dropped out of high school.

If we end up with gimped weapons and a shit tank i'll blame it on you failing to communicate what needs to be changed clearly with your highly educated words. :)

我不爱你

Ironman
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 02:37
我不爱你
Awww why no luv? :D

Khammar
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 02:47
Yeah, yeah, may you also live in some interesting times. :)

James24
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 03:42
Awww why no luv? :D

Buy your own. Then you too can write in chinese :D

Khammar
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 07:19
Buy your own. Then you too can write in chinese :D

James is going to Shanghai to buy love.

Ironman
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 07:27
James is going to Shanghai to buy love.
He does not need to do that. He has LuDi(ng). :shinner:

Ludicrouse
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 08:24

Sukey fukey Fi'dollah? :shinner:

Ironman
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 08:51
Sukey fukey Fi'dollah? :shinner:
Ask James what I mean. ;)

Ludicrouse
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 08:58
Ask James what I mean. ;)

I will ask him before we snuggle up for the night. :shinner:

On the subject of PS2 however....

Some bright spark managed to find, and download, the goddamn fucking BETA CLIENT. It had not been uploaded for long but someone found it, so i expect some small and prolly out of date information to be leaked out from the files.

Tony Park, a suit from The9 who are Chinas version of Pro7Sat, has revealed that something massive and PS2 related is happening next week. The bloke is not always totally truthful so be wary, but he did confirm the existance and show some screenies from PS2 before SOE released any themselves.

If he does turn out to be right then i think those two things point to us being very, very close to Closed Beta.

Khammar
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 09:06
Also please note that Higby came around yesterday to let people at PSU know that not all the people being asked to join First Platoon had been as of that point in time.

So there's still some tiny measure of hope that someone in the Legion will make it in. (Though seriously, if nobody does, it's not a slam. It's supposed to be a really small group in comparison to how many PS players there have been.)

Khammar
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 09:08

That's actually a seriously funny joke, Iron.

And makes you wonder what James is secretly longing for.

Ludicrouse
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 09:45
Some info ripped from the game files (https://gist.github.com/f6460b917e66f8e322ad) which look like text from tooltips.

Seems like the Vanguard will have the option of equipping HE Shells and Cannister Shot in addition to AP Shells.

Credit to the guys over on PSUs IRC Chat.

3613106145 ucdt The legendary NC5 Jackhammer heavy shotgun's stopping power and sustained fire capabilities make it a frightening weapon in close quarters combat.

Sustained fire??

901191017 ucdt Liberty Arsenal's hefty LA2 Rampart is their take on the basic Jackhammer design. Re-envisioned to be better suited for point defense, the Rampart can lock down high priority locations with ease.

Variants!

Ludicrouse
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 10:27
Say hello to Amerish.

http://i.imgur.com/pgK58.jpg

Khammar
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 10:35
Lockdown mode for MAX units adds defense, lowers offense.

Our beloved gauss rifles have spawned many siblings.

Vanny 150mm cannon go boom boom.

Khammar
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 10:40
Medics can heal themselves while healing or reviving.

They can heal players sharing a vehicle with them.

They can heal players around them.

They can place kits that heal.

Echor
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 10:41
Say hello to Amerish.That looks just like an ink splot left on the wall after missing someone with a pea shooter during a lesson (what do you mean you didn't have ink when you were at school!).

Or some sort of fungal growth, could be marks left on Mike33's chair?

Ludicrouse
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 10:47
Yup, Vanguard has all of the 150mm goodness. Two types of gun, Artillery Cannon and a super sweet sounding 150mm RAIL GUN.

AP/HE/Canister/EMP/Guided/HEAT/TD and the Driver/Main Gunner has access to secondary weaponry he can switch to such as 50cal MG/20mm HMG/60mm Mortar.

This does not even scratch what equipment the Secondary Gunner can use.

Very excited about the Rail Gun, could this mean we have a Tank Cannon for the Vanguard which has a flat trajectory?!

Khammar
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 10:50
Very excited about the Rail Gun, could this mean we have a Tank Cannon for the Vanguard which has a flat trajectory?!

If we do I am TKing James with it just to prove our tank rocks.

Ludicrouse
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 11:04
Also looks like Tank specific "Shell types" are in. Vanguard appears to have Canister as their unique, Prowler has MIRV which is an Air Burst shell which throws shrapnel down and the Magrider has the RAD shot which leaves an AoE that causes damage where it hits.

Prowler also gets an upgrade to its Twin 120mm Cannons... to QUAD 120mm Cannons, longer reload penalty though.

Prince
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 11:17
Wot does this "canister" do?

Ludicrouse
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 11:19

It is basically a shell that turns the Cannon into a Shotgun. The Shell consists of 100's or 1000's of smaller balls which spread out to cover a large area in shrapnel.

Ideal for use against Infantry and Aircraft as it does not require pinpoint accuracy. Useless against other Vehicles though.

Gunhead
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 11:19

Canister shots (at least IRL) are basically massive shotgun shells.

Ludicrouse
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 11:32
Two possible continents for the future? (http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/v1d0j/well_this_is_interestinglooks_like_we_found/)

Searhus and Kwoth?

Prince
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 12:15
Unlocks the ability for the Galaxy pilot to force drop all of its passengers out of the aircraft

would it be wise to let the pilot decide when to drop ? :D

Ludicrouse
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 12:19
would it be wise to let the pilot decide when to drop ? :D

Provided it is used properly it would stop people from dropping early or late and result in a much tighter deployment, especially useful if dropping on Towers or Battlements.

James24
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 12:55
Remember a lot of what is probably on that list was for testing purposes. The TB video showed literally dozens of variants which I cant see all being in the game at launch.

The railgun for the vanguard is interesting. Sounds like the unholy child of a vanguard and a peregrine :D

I hope that The9 is early access for people living in China :D:D:D:D:D:D

Inyista
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 13:06
Lightning guns variants (besides the standard gun you can see so far in the streams)

Allows the lightning to switch to 100mm high explosive (HE) shells. HE shells bounce off tough armor but have a much higher and lethal blast radius.

Allows the lightning to switch to an EMP shot. EMP shots can only inflict damage to shields and disarm enemy deployables such as land mines.

Allows the lightning to switch to a Tank Destroyer shot. TD rounds are extremely effective at doing damage at point blank ranges.

Allows the lightning to switch to a canister filled with radioactive gas. Upon impact, a 10 meter cloud of radioactive gas will harm targets inside the cloud for 10 seconds.

Allows the lightning to switch to a Canister Shot. Canister rounds fling shrapenel that is devestating to soft targets at close range.

Allows the lightning to switch to a radar guided shell. Once a lock-on is established the guided shell can be fired and will seek the locked target.

Outfits the lightning turret with a coaxial 20mm HMG. While slow firing, the 20mm rounds can penetrate even heavily armored targets making it an all around effective weapon.

Allows the lightning to switch to a 'Scorpion' round. Upon detonation, smaller explosives are released downard, doing heavy damage to targets underneath the scorpion.

If the other tanks get just as much choice, this really is going to be amazing.

Also, achievement bug:
The Lightning is a swift one man tank. The Lightning must use its speed and manueverability to stay alive when facing a larger tank.
Social: Get 100 kills in a lightning with a friend as the gunner

Hovis
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 13:13
We're going to need a team of hardcore nerds to master the different weapons and work out the best way to succeed. If only we had that sort of people in the clan...

Endangerment
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 13:21
Somebody nudge Volw and tell him to fire up the spreadsheet!

Ludicrouse
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 13:21
We're going to need a team of hardcore nerds to master the different weapons and work out the best way to succeed. If only we had a Nikodemus...

Fixed that for you doughboy.

b00n
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 18:27
We're going to need a team of hardcore nerds to master the different weapons and work out the best way to succeed. If only we had that sort of people in the clan...
I'm pretty confident that our killwhores seasoned FPS players will figure this out pretty fast, just by playing the game. Server statistics (which seem to be pretty encompassing) will also give hints about weapon/vehicle efficiency.
Some serious number crunching will definitely provide valuable insight into weapon choices and efficient tactics - chances are good that we will not have to do this ourselves though, we just have to keep an eye out for a proper PS2-analysis-site going on the interweb.
Lacking that, I'll be available to get the basic numbers together. Anybody done this kind of analysis in the past?
Basic Weapon damage, headshot-damage, ammo-modifiers, damage degredation over range, splash damage and fire rate/reloading time -> damage over time are statistics that come to mind instantly.

Prince
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 19:07
i'm happy to see things in the leaked client like the equipment you can disable or destroy to make things easier. Like the shield control generator, dome shield generator to destroy, turret control , spawning control to hack or disable and if it is in the game, you can even hack bulkhead door consoles to shut em close.

The only thing i saw in the streams so far was not planetside, but Battlefield on a big scale, with poeple randomly rushing to command consoles. But seeing as these systems are in game there might be tactical play perfect for RL.

Khammar
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 19:18
I wasn't worried when I saw the E3 footage anyway. I knew they'd thrown the doors open to let people just murder the crap out of each other when I saw my first MAX in a vehicle.

A lot of what's in that client won't even be in the first Beta build. No, you can see the PS roots, and you can feel the enthusiasm they have for the original.

It's going to be epic.

Khammar
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 19:37
The mock-up soundtrack for NC. This is synthed, so it's not the final version. Essentially NC gets rock with country influences as it's main theme.

I think once it's finalized it should actually sound pretty cool.

(Rock is harder than electronica or marshal music to make sound good with a synth setup.)

FbAZp0hAfyY

Flufball
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 19:45
Right. So this has hopefully killed off any stupid ideas of changing sides right?

MiMaRz
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 20:11
The OST reminds me of firefly, Red Alert, Starcraft.

Always digged this song playing Red Alert
9QyQ9PsOj6A

James24
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 20:32
Right. So this has hopefully killed off any stupid ideas of changing sides right?

I think going purely on music I am ditching NC now and going TR... my ears didnt last 30 seconds of that shit.

Khammar
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 20:56
I think going purely on music I am ditching NC now and going TR... my ears didnt last 30 seconds of that shit.

Like I said, it's not final, and it's pathetically easy to synth marshal music. So the TR score probably won't improve much, while the NC will.

Besides, there's a volume slider for music in games for a reason. ;)

Bagpuss
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 23:17
Seriously if they are going for the whole country feel ...i'd perfer full on hoofing into battle in my vanny with stetson, shitkicker boots on and proper slide guitars & the good ole boys blasting out not some mediochre synth pop shite....give the NC that whole hick, kickass, take no shit from no fucker painted red or purple, i've granpapi's shine in the back...next to my gun rack" type of vibe... if SOE could see their way clear to put NASCAR stickers on the rear fenders of the NC vehicles and those little nodding dogs on the dashboard we'd be about sweet...

think deliverence in tanks....

Flufball
Thursday, 14th June 2012, 23:20

Sod the music, I was talking about all the stuff we can strap onto a Vanguard.

I'm just using my own playlist anyway, as I think my prefernce of a blend of Handel, Beethoven, Vivaldi and Einaudi possibly wouldn't be looked on too kindly by mass audiances.

Khammar
Friday, 15th June 2012, 04:33
Seriously if they are going for the whole country feel ...i'd perfer full on hoofing into battle in my vanny with stetson, shitkicker boots on and proper slide guitars & the good ole boys blasting out not some mediochre synth pop shite....give the NC that whole hick, kickass, take no shit from no fucker painted red or purple, i've granpapi's shine in the back...next to my gun rack" type of vibe... if SOE could see their way clear to put NASCAR stickers on the rear fenders of the NC vehicles and those little nodding dogs on the dashboard we'd be about sweet...

think deliverence in tanks....

That's classy, Sean. Let's go for that.

Ludicrouse
Monday, 25th June 2012, 20:56
Winter War is coming! (http://www.planetside2.com//download)

James24
Monday, 25th June 2012, 23:13
Can you download it yet? Or is it block in China?

Bagpuss
Tuesday, 26th June 2012, 00:20
Yes james the Beta client is up ...must be region locked for asiapac.

16.8Gb dl ..22Gb install

Khammar
Tuesday, 26th June 2012, 00:23
Yes james the Beta client is up ...must be region locked for asiapac.

16.8Gb dl ..22Gb install

**** . . . that's just mean Sean.

Ludicrouse
Tuesday, 26th June 2012, 16:16
Some information about Beta and also 30 Days of FREE PlanetSide for all starting this week. (http://www.planetside2.com/news/june-2012-producers-letter-beta)

Joeskibobs
Tuesday, 26th June 2012, 18:19
Some information about Beta and also 30 Days of FREE PlanetSide for all starting this week. (http://www.planetside2.com/news/june-2012-producers-letter-beta)

Yeah, just spotted this on fbook. 30 free days of PS1 play only 2 days after I resubbed... Typical...

James24
Tuesday, 26th June 2012, 20:46
Yeah, just spotted this on fbook. 30 free days of PS1 play only 2 days after I resubbed... Typical...

I think in the past if you have had a subscription it doesn't charge you.

Lyngs
Tuesday, 3rd July 2012, 21:01
...our technical test which likely starts in a few days.

Source: https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/220213796185186305

Lyngs
Wednesday, 4th July 2012, 18:44
qXXcS-B0xEU

James24
Thursday, 12th July 2012, 09:28
http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/06/planetside-2-cn-spokesperson-revealed.html

I'll be playing Planetside 2 this month :D 我爱上海。

Peete
Thursday, 12th July 2012, 09:51
I wonder which side Drogba is gonna play :p

Ludicrouse
Thursday, 12th July 2012, 11:07

Drogba spends most of his time on his side.

Rebel
Thursday, 12th July 2012, 11:43

As much as I hate to say it, he's a blue's legend!

James24
Thursday, 12th July 2012, 12:44
i wonder which side drogba is gonna play :p

上海申花 :):shinner:

Kampf
Thursday, 12th July 2012, 12:55
all the americans i know have been asked for their pc specs weeks ago.

i do not know a single european who got asked to do that.

so it is possible that the beta is only for americans.

James24
Thursday, 12th July 2012, 13:02
Maybe the technical test is. I am not sure. Certainly, as Maxice found out you needed to change your browser to US English to even have the option of entering the hardware spec. I did get the email though.

You could be right. The beta will be open to everyone, otherwise why would they give out keys in a UK magazine?

Ludicrouse
Thursday, 12th July 2012, 13:02
all the americans i know have been asked for their pc specs weeks ago.

i do not know a single european who got asked to do that.

so it is possible that the beta is only for americans.

I got asked weeks ago. I however also assume that the Tech Test's are NA only.

Ludicrouse
Friday, 13th July 2012, 08:16
From the mouth of Higby...

Hey all!

First off, we're really all insanely excited about getting everyone in and playing the game as soon as possible. This has been a long road and it feels like we've all been in it together, having this next phase getting kicked off is a huge thrill for us.

I wanted to come by and give you guys some info about our beta plans and have there be one source of info from the dev team about what we're doing with beta rather than having a bunch of speculation based on tweets. Most of this info has been out there, but in various disconnected posts, so here it is all in one easy to reference spot.

Here is some general info about our current beta plans, what you should expect and when. I'll be sure to update this with more info and answers to more questions as I see them.

1 - Our external testing will be kicking off sometime this week (to be totally clear, I mean the week of July 9th - July 15th) with the technical test that we've been talking a lot about. This test will let us make sure the game runs across a variety of hardware configurations and the people invited will be hand picked based on the requirements in our hardware matrix. We're currently internally evaluating the build we expect to be used for this test and those players who have been selected will be receiving invites as soon as we're ready.

2 - We will be opening up the test in multiple phases or stages, inviting more and more players for each phase. Our priority invitees are those of you who are PlanetSide vets, and those who have priority beta keys (i.e. keys from the PC Gamer magazines), as well as those who received keys from members of the dev teams or at E3. Just so I'm 100% clear, we're not going to be opening the floodgates by inviting all of the thousands of PlanetSide veterans on day 1, but you are still the highest priority to get invites as we expand the testing circle out.

3 - Beta testing will begin with specific pre-determined times, and eventually will open up to being available more often. These testing times will be communicated through email to players who have been flagged for access.

4 - PlanetSide vets do not need a beta key, their accounts will be flagged for beta and they will receive an email letting them know – if you are a PlanetSide veteran, make sure your station account email is up to date.

5 - While we’re making every effort to communicate accurate times & dates to you guys, and get the beta going as soon as possible, if unforeseen circumstances occur and we’re forced to delay testing then we will.

6 - Beta testing is a critically important part of our development cycle on this project, we may be asking you to only play on tanks for a play session, or only play aircraft. We are doing true beta testing, not just a game demo and we implore those of you who are invited to understand and respect that. Things will break, the server will be unavailable sometimes, we will cancel scheduled tests when we find something that breaks before the test starts. All of this will help us make a better final game.

Looking forward to shooting you in the face and / or shooting other people in the face alongside you.

-
mh

Neraj
Friday, 13th July 2012, 09:12
Nice!

Rebel
Friday, 13th July 2012, 10:03
1 - Our external testing will be kicking off sometime this week (to be totally clear, I mean the week of July 9th - July 15th)

I'm pretty sure thats the time me Death and Masta predicted in the sweepstake!

James24
Friday, 13th July 2012, 10:31
I'm pretty sure thats the time me Death and Masta predicted in the sweepstake!

Oh shit...

Neraj
Friday, 13th July 2012, 10:49
Oh shit...

BFToUWjuBD0

Maurgrim
Friday, 13th July 2012, 19:35
Applied to beta: yesterday
Beta key received: today

:shinner:

Ludicrouse
Friday, 13th July 2012, 19:43
To the tech test?

Zeef
Saturday, 14th July 2012, 09:19
Hey !

Just one question :

Is-it important to verify my email adress in my station account ?
I know my email adress in my station account is the right one. But I can't press the button "verify my email adress" because I don't remember the answer to my secret question.
Do I really need to do that to get a chance to have a beta invite ? Or is it all right like this ?

For the pc specs, I filled them in, so it's ok.

Zeef

Endangerment
Saturday, 14th July 2012, 10:29
Applied to beta: yesterday
Beta key received: today

:shinner:

Key or invite? If its a key they you don't need one if you're a ps vet, if it's a tech test/beta invite them I'm jealous!

Ludicrouse
Saturday, 14th July 2012, 10:35
Hey !

Just one question :

Is-it important to verify my email adress in my station account ?
I know my email adress in my station account is the right one. But I can't press the button "verify my email adress" because I don't remember the answer to my secret question.
Do I really need to do that to get a chance to have a beta invite ? Or is it all right like this ?

For the pc specs, I filled them in, so it's ok.

Zeef

Having a verified E-mail address is cruicial, if you don't then they wont send you any e-mails. No e-mail, no invite.

Key or invite? If its a key they you don't need one if you're a ps vet, if it's a tech test/beta invite them I'm jealous!

IIRC, Maur is not a Vet. :shinner:

James24
Saturday, 14th July 2012, 10:55
Considering my laptop spec is c2d + nvidia 8series they should give it to me.