PDA

View Full Version : PlanetSide 1 Vet's now have access

Ludicrouse
Monday, 20th August 2012, 09:16
http://www.planetside2.com/download

Download your client bitches!

Ironman
Monday, 20th August 2012, 09:20
Server Unavailable as usual. So having the client doesn't matter much atm. ;)

Ludicrouse
Monday, 20th August 2012, 09:22
Try telling that to Skull... he cant figure out how to click the big orange DOWNLOAD button...

...he prolly wont have figured that out by the time the servers up. :shinner:

Endangerment
Monday, 20th August 2012, 10:44
Yeah but you want the client downloaded now so you can play when it comes up, not have to wait for a massive download!

Butuz
Monday, 20th August 2012, 10:59
Thanx for the heads up my lovely Ludi!!!

Butuz

James24
Monday, 20th August 2012, 13:22
check out the post in the outfit barracks for server time!

leanmeankillingmachine
Monday, 20th August 2012, 14:16
Nice heads up Ludi, looks like finally a ginger contributed something to society

Lyngs
Monday, 20th August 2012, 14:18
Try telling that to Skull... he cant figure out how to click the big orange DOWNLOAD button...

...he prolly wont have figured that out by the time the servers up. :shinner:

I am in the same Gal as Skull on this one. Button worked fine last week... :confused:

Not that I have time to play any way. Going on holiday Friday and am already stressing.

EDIT: Figured it out, but no cigar. Had signet up with same name and e-mail as in PS1.

Ludicrouse
Monday, 20th August 2012, 16:29
Nice heads up Ludi, looks like finally a ginger contributed something to society

Cheeky ****, if it wasnt for us Gingers you would be speaking German and polishing your jackboots ready for Jew Hunting Season...

...so the only thing different would be the German accent. (InB4Sean)

Volw
Monday, 20th August 2012, 19:17
Check your inboxes :-)

Turiel
Monday, 20th August 2012, 19:22
Man, I am going nutz!

I click on this download button and it sends me straight to the PS2-website where I cannot find any download area at all.

Hogefeld
Monday, 20th August 2012, 20:00
wtf canīt Click the Download Buzzer grml
:confused:

Neraj
Monday, 20th August 2012, 20:04
Same here, no email and no luck with the download link either. As consolation though, I did receive an email today relating to certain giant Mechanical Robots of mass destruction!!.... :p

b00n
Monday, 20th August 2012, 20:09
It's gotta be contagious, I couldn't get the orange button to work either.

Log on to SOE and try the following link:
https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/downloadPS2Launcher.action?theme=ps2

Hogefeld
Monday, 20th August 2012, 20:12
Cheers B00n :D

Derekian
Monday, 20th August 2012, 21:29
Wouldn't let me click the Download button either so I went to the main page, logged in and then opened the Download page again and it worked.

Will be home in a week, can't wait to try it :)

KickAss
Monday, 20th August 2012, 21:33
About time :D!

Turiel
Monday, 20th August 2012, 21:54
Ok, I was able to download something finally. I guess I'll start the big download tomorrow. Cya on the battlefield.

Pegasus
Monday, 20th August 2012, 23:52
I did not get an e-mail but was able to dl via the dl link.

Butuz
Tuesday, 21st August 2012, 00:07
Spent all afternoon downloading and it doesn't work in Windows8 :-(

Gonna have to try something else :/

Butuz

WiGgLr
Tuesday, 21st August 2012, 00:16
Like windows 7?

Echor
Tuesday, 21st August 2012, 07:47
Spent all afternoon downloading and it doesn't work in Windows8 :-(

Gonna have to try something else :/

ButuzCompatability mode?

Gunhead
Tuesday, 21st August 2012, 08:10
I did not get an e-mail but was able to dl via the dl link.

Same, 'cept the email arrived with delay after i had already dl'd the client.

DestRox
Tuesday, 21st August 2012, 15:41
hm.. all servers Locked :(

Ludicrouse
Tuesday, 21st August 2012, 15:47
I was just playing a few minutes ago.

Hogefeld
Tuesday, 21st August 2012, 18:05
Download done iam ready!!

http://img219.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=566638877_Fotos20.08125_122_982lo.JP G

Pegasus
Tuesday, 21st August 2012, 18:29
Launchpad down atm.

SOE working on it.

Echor
Tuesday, 21st August 2012, 20:18
Turiel I moved your post to the private area.

Lyngs
Wednesday, 22nd August 2012, 09:19
Got my invite this morning at 03:00. Wont have time to play the next 14 days tho.:(

DestRox
Wednesday, 22nd August 2012, 10:59
Ah nice were able to play some yesterday

it sure is different game from PS1
the fact that it is going to be F2P is from one side nice..
but from other "hackers" makes me worry
we all know how poor or even none existent there was in PS1

im not really sure if i like playstyle of PS2
get to an area run to point A > B > C ect
something blinking?... run there :P
best transportation is 10sec instant action ;)
just pick the hottest spot and shot.

played Heavy for a while and started with 6-10
when i got some certs to actually be able to aim while seeing my target (red dot sight) it quickly changed to 22-12

feels like RPG doesnt do much except pretty explosion, it must be a direct hit or nothting

overall i am going to play it... but it is not gonna feel like PS1 at all

Ironman
Wednesday, 22nd August 2012, 11:27
Instant action will be getting a real cooldown. it won't be teleportation. The goal is to get people into the action when they first log in quicker than in PS1. Simple as that.

The5th
Wednesday, 22nd August 2012, 13:19
im not really sure if i like playstyle of PS2
get to an area run to point A > B > C ect
something blinking?... run there :P
best transportation is 10sec instant action ;)
just pick the hottest spot and shot.

feels like RPG doesnt do much except pretty explosion, it must be a direct hit or nothting

overall i am going to play it... but it is not gonna feel like PS1 at all

Please Read Tata's post in the Outfit Barracks as James has linked a lovely post by Smed that points towards changes and some returning from PS1.

Ps Its still early BETA.

Volw
Wednesday, 22nd August 2012, 23:33
I quite like the gameplay changes. It seem to require a lot more thinking than just getting to and then holding CC/Gen.

Having a spawn point at hand is almost neccesary, so there needs to be a team securing Gal, then a team capping objectives and a team suppressing spawn points.

Also, what makes me supper happy, due to a lot more open layout of bases recon is actually useful. Had lots of fun today scouting for the squad and providing fire support if needed. Story of the day - our heavies damaged enemy prowler, he reversed outside of base and began repairing. Next thing I saw was *+10 headshot bonus* ;-)

DestRox
Thursday, 23rd August 2012, 00:29
yesyes i know its Beta
and im not saying its bad either :D

kinda funny.. no more AMS's
instead GAL's.. so ppl will need to specialize at some trees first to make our squads work better "tank / healer / dps" ;)

Echor
Thursday, 23rd August 2012, 09:08
"tank / healer / dps" ;)Dont' know what you mean by these terms, I'd guess at tank driver and healer is a medic, but wtf is dps? (damage protection system, damage per second?)

Endangerment
Thursday, 23rd August 2012, 11:22
It's from WOW. Fps is the main damage dealer, guess it would be Max but doesn't really fit.

Ironman
Thursday, 23rd August 2012, 11:33
hahaha Endangerment you jumped right in. I think Echor knows. :)
He's just being an arse towards DestRox and I kinda like it. :D (I did not say that).

Echor
Thursday, 23rd August 2012, 11:42
hahaha Endangerment you jumped right in. I think Echor knows. :)
He's just being an arse towards DestRox and I kinda like it. :D (I did not say that).Never played Wow, had no idea that they have a class called dps!

Inyista
Thursday, 23rd August 2012, 12:13
It's from WOW. Fps is the main damage dealer, guess it would be Max but doesn't really fit.

WoW, the mother of all MMO's ... :p

The term DPS was already used in Ultima Online, which was waaay before WoW was in development. Almost everything that people asume WoW 'invented' came from ultima online and AD&D. A lot of the rest comes from various other games, such as Ragnoroc Online, Everquest and Warcraft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft:_Orcs_%26_Humans).

As for 'dps classes' in planetside 2 ... hardly. Everyone has a usefull gun and is supposed to use it. The classes just have different secondary things to do (AV, medic, repairing/rearming, floating around or hiding in a corner or on a far away tree).

James24
Thursday, 23rd August 2012, 12:14
Never played Wow, had no idea that they have a class called dps!

you're on top form today, Echor.:D

Ironman
Thursday, 23rd August 2012, 12:51
OR he might have lost the rest of his two braincells to an internal argument. One is in a wheelchair and the other refuses to push today. :D :D :D

luv u long time Echor. :D

Echor
Thursday, 23rd August 2012, 13:25
WoW, the mother of all MMO's ... :p

The term DPS was already used in Ultima Online, which was waaay before WoW was in development. Almost everything that people asume WoW 'invented' came from ultima online and AD&D. A lot of the rest comes from various other games, such as Ragnoroc Online, Everquest and Warcraft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft:_Orcs_%26_Humans).

As for 'dps classes' in planetside 2 ... hardly. Everyone has a usefull gun and is supposed to use it. The classes just have different secondary things to do (AV, medic, repairing/rearming, floating around or hiding in a corner or on a far away tree).Thanks, all games I've not played so have missed out entirely!
Only played twitch fps before PS, still prefer it now
Probably due to a difficult childhood due to the fact my mum was definately more in the clouds (hippy generation) and dreaming about spells, incantations, runes, divination, Ouija boards, marijuana/etc so if the game has anything to do with witches/dragons/etc I seem to have a mental block against it :eek:

DestRox
Friday, 24th August 2012, 00:19
Never played Wow, had no idea that they have a class called dps!

tbh real name should be DD or rDD (Damage Dealer "ranged") :p