PDA

View Full Version : Views on current build? (13/09/12)

The5th
Thursday, 13th September 2012, 22:57
New warp gate location is the worst out of the three!
Currently memory leak.
Cost of items has shot up!
Tanks have head lights!
Oh and flash lights now work!

Guys your thoughts if you please.

Echor
Thursday, 13th September 2012, 23:19
We weren't earning any Auraxium, and very little of anything else either. I can see that it won't take much to really be stuck at the WG and run out of the resources so badly that people will just log out.

I hope the devs sort the extremely poor performance (that they globalled info on), fps was a rarity this evening, more like fpm.

Max's aren't extinct!

How do we heal ourselves now unless we are a medic, its impossible to always be near a medic.

Kampf
Thursday, 13th September 2012, 23:47
i have better performence than ever. no idea why everybody else is suffering.

Hovis
Friday, 14th September 2012, 00:32
Need to roll in smaller teams with medics. We need to start doing that as a deliberate effort.

The map is buggered. Best bet for us is to find something we can defend and just kill fuckers until we rotate back to somewhere we can break out from.

Inyista
Friday, 14th September 2012, 09:39
You heal yourself the same way you change classes, move across the continent or get a vehicle: /suicide

James24
Friday, 14th September 2012, 12:01
You heal yourself the same way you change classes, move across the continent or get a vehicle: /suicide

This. I usually do find there are lots of friendly medics running around though, mainly because they have the best gun on our empire :confused:

Echor
Friday, 14th September 2012, 12:41

This. I usually do find there are lots of friendly medics running around though, mainly because they have the best gun on our empire :confused:I'm assuming you've played since the patch yesterday?

Terms don't heal now.
Changing to a medic then waiting for the self/area heal to charge is very slow.

Suiciding when you just want a quick repair in a fire fight?

Health packs now cost (currently broken but will soon), can't carry much as slots already used.

James24
Friday, 14th September 2012, 12:53
I know that.

I always used to just redeploy anyway. If you redeploy you essentially respawn so have full health. In a lot of places that was the easiest thing to do. Not saying it is a good thing but unfortunately was the quickest :(

Butuz
Friday, 14th September 2012, 17:36
I logged out at midnight. My parting view of the game was standing in the warpgate where the vanu had dropped off 5 AA maxes on the cliff above our warp gate and proceeded to destroy every single NC aircraft that took off again and again for 15 mins straight. First of all I laughed at what a good idea it was. Then I felt a bit sick at the fact we were getting bum raped so damn hard that the zerg couldnt even make it out of the sanctuary alive. I hate to think how many kills those fishy bastard maxes ended up with.

I then went to bed and had bad dreams all night about evil purple robot trouts. I don't understand the significance of that.

Butuz

James24
Friday, 14th September 2012, 23:01
The biggest change is the new influence system.

So instead of giving a headstart the influence is a multiplier.

So if the influence is equally divided each faction caps at the same rate. If its 66:33 one factions caps twice as fast. It sounds a good system in theory but its still very random.

A lot of the time it can be 85:15 or something very biased as at some bases the influence is behind the main base and it means that the attacking faction stands no chance unless they own all the points. We earnt a shit ton of auraxium at both Tawrich and Rashnu today because the enemy couldnt cap enough points and our influence meant we won the base in less than 5 minutes.

Our new warpgate location is bollocks. It was taking about an hour between tanks which is ridiculous. You have to be stupidly careful to survive that long, even with a tank driver as great as me :shinner:

They have rejigged all the weapons as well. The gauss SAW is essentially useless. The medics gauss rifle is our best gun but I've heard rumours the medic will be losing it and getting the mercenary like the engineer.

Hovis
Saturday, 15th September 2012, 03:42
I'm starting to detect the old resentment of the Zerg. Lot of them run about and don't do much. This can lead to feelings of panic and being overwhelmed because you start to feel like you and your group are the only ones able to, or actually doing, anything.

The counter to this is numbers and a plan.

b00n
Saturday, 15th September 2012, 11:04
A dedicated squad moving around quickly capping outlying territories helps immsensely in painting Indar your colors.

Fighting for the territories outside of bases is currently very un-rewarding because you don't get Auraxium for it, but I think we could make a huge difference here.
(Think home contintent defense and draining behind the zerg in PS1)

VS always seem to have a team online in the evening doing the busy work, often capping the southernmost areas up to our warpgate - defending against them should get us some nice squad on squad action away from the zerg.
If there's no resistance we push into their territory until some shows up.

Echor
Saturday, 15th September 2012, 11:32
A dedicated squad moving around quickly capping outlying territories helps immensely in painting Indar your colors.

Fighting for the territories outside of bases is currently very un-rewarding because you don't get Auraxium for it, but I think we could make a huge difference here.
(Think home contintent defense and draining behind the zerg in PS1)

VS always seem to have a team online in the evening doing the busy work, often capping the southernmost areas up to our warpgate - defending against them should get us some nice squad on squad action away from the zerg.
If there's no resistance we push into their territory until some shows up.The logic is impeccable! The only problem is that removes the fun of playing and the rewards (auraxium) needed for character progression, I think very few people would want to do that all the time?
We were in a biggish fight last night in a base the enemy couldn't really hope to win, they often had most of the points but none of the surrounding territory, so it kept coming back to us, that base was worth 2.5k points to me alone (at least, possibly more as I stopped looking). Conversely the enemy got none.
The game needs to be fun and rewarding to play, if not it will lose players fast.

Hovis
Saturday, 15th September 2012, 17:47
I think the focus on progress should be on the battle ranks, not the Auraxium, and in that regard you're getting 500 for every capture of an outlying territory, plus couple hundred for the control node and of course whatever you can get from shanking the defenders. If we do the work for the faction then we'll capture and hold more turf, so we'll get more resources of all sorts. If we're running with a squad and a half that's enough people to launch a decisive hit on a base in an attacking sense, or to provide the lynchpin for a friendly base defence, but I think our priority as an outfit should always be to be doing the thing that our enemies least want us to be doing. I was pootling around about 4am this morning grabbing small facilities and it pays out, especially as some of the bases, such as the bigtech plants, you can't physically capture those without the surrounding territory.

Also consider this, we don't need much Auraxium to be decisive in the field, or certs for that matter. Time is better spent honing our long term doctrine and approach to the game than grinding for certs and cash that'll come to us anyway as the body counts mount up. I would rather see us playing the sort of fast, decisive, effective game that was our trademark in Planetside 1 as soon as we can, rather than farting around until people consider themselves ready to start playing properly.

That doesn't mean I don't think people should be allowed to killwhore. But I would ask that we harness the power of our killwhores and put them to work where the main platoon is operating. I would love for us to have some low down dirty kill farmers in Reavers or Liberators raining hurt and discontent down on our enemies while we grab the territory.

I would also point out that the more territory the NC owns the more we all get paid out. Everybody in the faction. And it's a snowball effect. You lose ground, you lose rewards, you lose people. On the late shift last night the pop was 50% Elmo. Why? Because why not, they owned the map, just being logged in was paying out like a busted fruit machine. If we're going to keep the NC strong and by doing so increase the rewards we all get, then we need to be prepared to take responsibility for getting shit done. The more land we own the more players will dig in to get the extra goodies. The more players that dig in the more land we get. It's a WinCycle™ but to keep it going we have to pull our weight.

Pegasus
Saturday, 15th September 2012, 23:48
Need fireteams...

Groups of 3 or 4....one medic, two HA or some variation, possibly a scatter and eng, medic and HA or three HA and one medic etc etc. These groups should stick together like glue and be given objectives to capture/defend.

This would change when you are rolling tanks but when on ops as infantry this should work much better than running about solo or spread out. The medic should always be keeping a low profile. He should shoot to help but not stand out to be a target.

In PS1 a tower was a tower and a base was a base....they were all the same with some really minor differences, I think thats why we were so good at defending them. We had a routing we followed for each base type and knew the best positions etc. This is a bit different in PS2 as everything is all over the shant, or certainly seems it.

We could use some familiarisation with outposts and bases.

One thing I've noticed is when capping a tower, point A is in that little room on the 2nd deck. When capping, or defending if people sit in the corners and look at the opposite door to their corner they are covering each other, as the enemy has to come right around the door to shoot the person parallel to the wall.

Endangerment
Sunday, 16th September 2012, 12:54
I'm not sure that until more max counters are in that 4 man fire teams are enough. A well organised team of 2 maxes would wipe a 4 man squad fairly easily. I'd say we start with 6 man until are skills are honed then drop down to 4 man.

Butuz
Sunday, 16th September 2012, 13:34
6 man sounds good to me. 1 Med 1 Eng and a selection of others depending on the situation (i.e 1 x max 3 x HA or 2 x maxes 2 x HA etc).

The med and the eng stick together like glue and keep eachother alive.

Butuz

Endangerment
Sunday, 16th September 2012, 14:36
I'd see it as 2 med, 1 eng, 1 max and 2 ha though of course we need to try it!! 2 mess stay back rest dish out the hurt.

Hovis
Sunday, 16th September 2012, 15:42
In a four man team I'd go two medics, engineer, heavy assault. I don't think the assault classes are particularly powerful in fact I'd almost be tempted to say three medics and an engineer, but I won't. :)

Six man should be two medics, engineer, three assault of whatever sort.

I don't think we need a counter to MAX units, they're really not as scary as they used to be. The trick is not to trade shots with them, just give them a good shooting, get out the way, heal up, give them another, and so on. A couple of guys can chop a MAX down really easily.