Name:
Lukas
age, gender:
16, male

my character.
Zimbrhogie - goblin shaman - Bloodscalp
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodscalp/Zimbrhogie/advanced
what spec(s) im applying with:
im elemental/ehancement. but im would absolutely respecc to resto if needed, im glad anyways.

raiding
what is your raiding experiance? include previous content (if any):
i started play in TBC but i did not raid back then, i was more for pvping.

WOTLK raids: wasnt really raiding that much, but i got some cleared, some hcs to. but i did not only play on this char back then.

CATA raids: everything cleared, DS 5/8 HC cleared, then i took some months break from WoW.

what is you general awarness level during a raid? e.g. do you have television or music on?
nope, when im playing im playing! im not watching tv or listening to music, music are only for some moments.

What do addons like Recount (Skada) and Omen mean to you? Do you use them and if so, how?
im using recount and omen, omen for the threat and i simply use recount for se DPS so if im low i need to focus more, but its not often for sure.

What is your take on making mistakes in a raid, not just your own, but also others?
misstakes, everyone does em. when bosses are new and got new abillitys ofcourse people do misstakes it isnt the whole world. if someone does the same mistake like x3 then i can get a ? over my head and ask him if he knows whats happening. you learn by mistakes you know :cool:

Do you have a stable computer that can comfortably run WoW in a raid environment?
worked fine before so dont think it would be some problem. got:
studio xps 7100
6 GB RAM
AMD phenom x6 1035T processor 2.60 GHz

my internet is: 24 MB/ps

Do you have a headset with working microphone, and are you able to speak clearly with it?
yes and yes

Reason why you left or want to leave your guild:
i was first in EE but they seem not to raid in MOP and i then i joined AFELA but cant handle their talk, screming so i get headache. i wanna be in a raid guild that is kinda mature and are going for some progress, the slack most be low.

what are your goals in wow?
i just wanna raid and have some fun with this game.

what raids are you able to raid?
i think everyday, if nothing comes up IRL. but atleast 2-3 times.

Is there anything you would like to add to your application, or would like to ask?
yes, i just wanna get informed. what specc is really needed, if you need something specefic i respecc. no probs!

that was everything, cheers! GL to me..

Frizzik
Friday, 12th October 2012, 15:29
I do remember his name from EE, but i can't remember his way of raiding. If i remember right he was kinda raiding in EE during my break (when i bought my own house and was playing "bob the builder" for 4 months.)

Maybe Vashun can shine some more light on his raiding capabilities, seeing he was if i am right during Zimbrhogie his time in EE the Raidleader/Officer if i am not mistaken.

I did played recently with him in a one or two random hc's with 2 of RL and a old EE friend, and he did his job there very well.

zimbrhogie
Friday, 12th October 2012, 16:05
i was not an officer, but ye i was active.

Frizzik
Friday, 12th October 2012, 16:19
i meant vashun was a officer back then in EE :P not you ;)

zimbrhogie
Friday, 12th October 2012, 16:23
then i missunderstood you, sorry.

Vashan
Friday, 12th October 2012, 17:25
I was indeed Frizz;) Though my memory doesn't serve that much either (am I getting older?:D).

But from the few I do remember, Zimbr was pretty reliable dpser with decent numbers. I have no experience with his healing capabilities whatsoever tho;)

GL with your application

Elvi
Friday, 12th October 2012, 18:15
Think you forgot this:

"Mechanics quiz:
Please give a brief description of how you would play in the following encounters.

Tank: Feng the Accursed.
Everyone else: Gara'jal the Spiritbinder."

(Which was always a big deal in the template from SB, so I guess it still is)

Doc
Friday, 12th October 2012, 18:15
Fail on not using my template :P
I have zero interest in your gender, less in your rig and *everybody* says they have a mic and will use it :P
Not a bad application though (horribly broken English aside :shinner:, it's almost like you learned from Frizz's response ^^)
We're over represented by melee *and* shaman atm, but I'll be back to you ASAP with a decision.

zimbrhogie
Friday, 12th October 2012, 18:54
Everyone else: Gara'jal the Spiritbinder: phase 1, dps dps dps dps, untill the vodoo totem comes up, if i gonna stand inside the circle and kill the totem, sure i do that. if i dont i dps. inside the vodoo thingy: kill so many casters as possible, if the debuff goes of i die, to get out i need full health. outside at the boss: stack a litle and attack boss. phase 2: boss will fade the tank, so he goes to other realm. dpses need to go to the other realm to kill a specefic mob, think it was like that. and then on 20 % he enrages = BL and push the dps ALOT (wrote it kinda simple)

Doc
Friday, 12th October 2012, 19:47
Everyone else: Gara'jal the Spiritbinder: phase 1, dps dps dps dps, untill the vodoo totem comes up, if i gonna stand inside the circle and kill the totem, sure i do that. if i dont i dps. inside the vodoo thingy: kill so many casters as possible, if the debuff goes of i die, to get out i need full health. outside at the boss: stack a litle and attack boss. phase 2: boss will fade the tank, so he goes to other realm. dpses need to go to the other realm to kill a specefic mob, think it was like that. and then on 20 % he enrages = BL and push the dps ALOT (wrote it kinda simple)

Simple is great.
I'd vote simpler.
I don't need an encounter guide, just some indication that you're an aware raider.

My personal play at Gara might look like this:
When taking totem, make sure the whole team is near.
Inside, self heal to gain a bigger buff, leave when no adds are up, before timer runs out (unless healing for buff)
(as a tank) I use LoH on a dps while I'm in, if I'm able. (I actually killed myself delaying my exit trying to do this :shinner:)
(as a tank) I also switch to seal of insight if the raid is not consistently topped off, and use WoG/Hand of sacrifice liberally.

Your list could theoretically be shorter, depending on class/spec.
(Mealar, our enh shamy and joint melee officer) atm is on a warpath about shammies using a raid buff they have during BL, for instance.

Oh, and too right Frizz, it's pretty much the only part of an ap I read *fully*
Everything else is fluff, how people respond to encounter mechanics tells you a lot about their play.
(dont worry, the other officers love the fluff, I'm just never much interested in it apart from experience, awareness and personal comments)

zimbrhogie
Friday, 12th October 2012, 20:18
ur alot better on english, would be alot better if i was a english "expert" you know? :) i learn more and more everyday.

Doc
Friday, 12th October 2012, 20:39
No worries about the broken English bud :P
I may make fun of you a little, but you guys tend to speak it better than I do, as a native (and much better than I could speak swedish :D... "hurdy gurdy... fermented herring... IKEA... meatballs...gurdy hurdy" right?

zimbrhogie
Friday, 12th October 2012, 20:50
****, ye..:rolleyes:

Frizzik
Friday, 12th October 2012, 23:08
Close enough i think doc

zimbrhogie
Friday, 12th October 2012, 23:19
kinda social guild, love it!

Doc
Saturday, 13th October 2012, 11:26
Righto, if you're okay rolling ele/resto we'd be delighted to offer you a trial.
We do have 2 of each, so competition will be a factor, but our melee team is already bloated ><

zimbrhogie
Saturday, 13th October 2012, 15:52
i could really play ele/resto, and some competition is always exciting

Frizzik
Saturday, 13th October 2012, 15:52
welcome aboard m8

zimbrhogie
Saturday, 13th October 2012, 16:03
yey, thx.

zimbrhogie
Saturday, 13th October 2012, 17:30
should i /w someone or how does it work?

timm
Saturday, 13th October 2012, 18:26
if you want an invite i would suggest you /w an officer :P

Doc
Sunday, 14th October 2012, 01:29
/who renegade legion and bug somebody to point you in the right direction, should be plenty of people available to invite most of the time.