PDA

View Full Version : Giardal - Forsaken Warlock

Vajcsi
Tuesday, 30th October 2012, 02:50
Character name:Giardal

Desired class/spec:Warlock-Affliction mainly (in reality it depends on fight and what the guild needs most)

Role breakdown: I have chosen affliction because it is the most efficient single target DPS. Most importantly I put my DoTs (Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction) up with SB+SS and don't let them fall down. I use this method up to 3/4 mobs. Above that I use SB+Seed of Corruption on one target and simple SoC on all others. After DoTing up I use Haunt on main target to strengthen DoTs. Filter spell is Malefic Grasp until 20% and until have Soul Shards. In these cases Drain Soul replaces it. When Nightfall proc becomes active I ensure that DoTs are up and cast Haunt. Important not to waste any free Haunts:)
I try to achieve 15% hit with as much mastery as I can. Although it's not easy yet. Reforging at the moment is hit>mastery>haste>crit.
armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodscalp/Giardal/simple

Raiding experience: I used to be a raider with a restoration druid in Burning Crusade in a guild called Eclipse. I don't know if anyone remembers it but it was the competitor of Conflict behind Evil Eye that time. Those days were my greatest achievements when I learned to play with others and learned to be serious and hard-working for progress:) In WotLK we have had completely dissolved and after that I played in a more casual guild until ICC-10 normal's end. That was where I've started a break. But I was always up to date about later fights.

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder:
Key of the fight is controlling who enters the spirit world where DDs get +dmg buff, healers benefit from manaregen. People with Woodoo Dolls debuff cannot enter they get massive damage which must be out healed by the healers. In the Spirit World as much add must be killed as possible. Players can only leave the spirit world after they had been healed to 100% HP. At 20% Garajal goes into berserk. No more spirit world, only metal hard nuke:)

References: no

Expectations: Being a part of a fun community where I can clear the HC content. Maybe get some achievements which are not so frequent.

Additional information: My druid's name: Vajcsi.
I don't know. I don't really have anything to say beside what is written above. Maybe some other old guilds: Vexillum, Horde Brutality, HunHorda. And some bio: I am a student, I had been playing wow for 6 years approximately. In the afternoons I've got trainings and rehearsals for competitions and performances. They usually last up to 19/19:30.

zahra
Tuesday, 30th October 2012, 06:38
Do my eye's work its a warlock OMG :P

Frizzik
Tuesday, 30th October 2012, 09:02
Looks decent, and to have some warlock competition is nice as well. :)

The things i am interested in are the following though:

When Nightfall proc becomes active I ensure that DoTs are up and cast Haunt. Important not to waste any free Haunts
That part doesn't make sens, seeing the haunt isn't free then. The thing is that Nightfall only restores a shard. I hope you aren't casting the haunt blindly when NF procs?

Could you explain me a bit what you do when with for example lightweave procs?
When do you use your Doomguard and why then?
Could you write down your opener? (every cd you use, but also exactly what spells)
And how do you make the decisions to Haunt or not to Haunt?

Those 3 questions show if you understand your affliction part fully as lock, or that you are playing your lock like a arcane mage and can't get close to what is possible on dps numbers. (sorry brummos).

Vajcsi
Tuesday, 30th October 2012, 11:47
As for NF: not blindly, only if Haunt debuff is not up and after Malefic Grasp ends.(or Drain Soul tick)
When eg. Lightweave procs I reapply the DoTs, because as far as I know they benefit from the stats alive when they were applied. Same for Bloodlust.
Doomguard makes more damage under 20% which would make it an execution ability, but I'm not sure that there is a fight with 45 seconds after 20%. Because of this I would use it at the start to be useful for its whole 45sec uptime. With trinkets/Dark Soul/procs active because it also benefits from my actual spellpower. And if the fight is longer than 10 minutes than I can use it once more of course.
Opener? Curse of the Elements. One Fel Flame for procs. Dark Soul. Doomguard. SB+SS. Haunt.
I decide about Haunt with the following questions: Is there haunt debuff on the target? Will any of my DoTs fall during the castin of a Haunt? If both no and I'm not in the middle of Malefic Grasp I cast Haunt.
These are mainly own ideas, sorry if I am wrong. I'm here to learn also:)

Frizzik
Tuesday, 30th October 2012, 15:10
As for NF: not blindly, only if Haunt debuff is not up and after Malefic Grasp ends.(or Drain Soul tick)
When eg. Lightweave procs I reapply the DoTs, because as far as I know they benefit from the stats alive when they were applied. Same for Bloodlust.
Doomguard makes more damage under 20% which would make it an execution ability, but I'm not sure that there is a fight with 45 seconds after 20%. Because of this I would use it at the start to be useful for its whole 45sec uptime. With trinkets/Dark Soul/procs active because it also benefits from my actual spellpower. And if the fight is longer than 10 minutes than I can use it once more of course.
Opener? Curse of the Elements. One Fel Flame for procs. Dark Soul. Doomguard. SB+SS. Haunt.
I decide about Haunt with the following questions: Is there haunt debuff on the target? Will any of my DoTs fall during the castin of a Haunt? If both no and I'm not in the middle of Malefic Grasp I cast Haunt.
These are mainly own ideas, sorry if I am wrong. I'm here to learn also:)

Those are the answers i was looking for :)

All true, except currently it is best to use the DG during BL. (Or better cast it just before BL is being casted, due to 30 sec BL and 45 sec DG). Seeing the DG scales with BL through you. Seeing the sub 20% doesn't last long enough (at least at current fights) to pop it then, and the BL will scale with more the extra int at the start.

Looks like a good apply, and a raider who understands his class.

Gl with your apply.

Doc
Wednesday, 31st October 2012, 18:59
Our raid team is growing rather fast atm, so apologies for the delay.
We'd be delighted to offer you a trial.
Please be aware that we're still building the 25man team (healers?!?!) so there may be some disruptions in the schedule.

Vajcsi
Wednesday, 31st October 2012, 19:21
Thank you for the chance. Who may I whisper ingame?

Doc
Wednesday, 31st October 2012, 19:36
Me, thistevie (or any variation of -stevie) mealar, maopu, brummos, bump and a few others with invite privileges, feel free to annoy anyone online though, they should be able to get one of us to haul our asses online for an invite