PDA

View Full Version : Screwed again?

Turiel
Wednesday, 19th December 2012, 15:54
The servers will come down at 6:00 AM PT for a brief maintenance. Downtime is anticipated to be less than one hour. Players may notice the following changes:

The Annihilator Rocket Launcher is now available to all empires. This weapon has the ability to lock on to both aircraft and vehicles. It cannot fire without a lock on.
Reaver Decoy Flares should now correctly reflect their intended price.
Horns should now equip correctly (We really mean it!)
Decals are now available to show your allegiance in the Ultimate Empire Showdown! Don't be left out.

Let me get this straight: We bought the Crow and the Hawk and now there is a 2for1 weapon? That is the problem with Station Cash. You buy stuff and a few days later they offer something that is obviously better. When I read this I have to ask myself if I really want to buy more from them.

Since Decoy Flares are rather cheap, I assume this will result in a Reaver nerf. Very nice to see that the worst plane in the game gets nerfed. I wonder how you can make changes to them by the way. Add a % of fails?

Echor
Wednesday, 19th December 2012, 16:11
Turiel doesn't that just mean that the flares cost to equip is now correct? not that they show one price and charge another?

James24
Wednesday, 19th December 2012, 16:14
Well the hawk and crow can still dumb fire so I guess there is a trade off.

Turiel
Wednesday, 19th December 2012, 16:18
Turiel doesn't that just mean that the flares cost to equip is now correct? not that they show one price and charge another?

I don't know yet. The patch notes just feel very irritating to me.

Well the hawk and crow can still dumb fire so I guess there is a trade off.

Well, I was always using the lock-on weapons the way they were intended to be used. I can't talk about dumbfire-sniping exploits (which will be nerfed anyways sooner or later). As the "honest" user, I certainly feel cheated. The new weapon comes at half the price and is twice as good, so this sort of tradeoff doesn't count that much for me.

James24
Wednesday, 19th December 2012, 16:24
Why not use the dumbfire? How is it an exploit? An exploit is doing something that is not intended in the game, like router pads through walls in the original as one example.

Turiel
Wednesday, 19th December 2012, 16:29
Well, there is not much point in elaborating this in more detail. Using dumbfire AV-weapons against vehicles is perfectly fine. If you use them to kill snipers that are 200m away - only because it works - that's an exploit. You are making use of a game mechanic that was never designed for this purpose and that simply got overlooked or not adjusted correctly. I am sure that within a few patches we will read the line "we adjusted Crow and Hawk rocket damage to do less damage on infantry" and that will be the end of the subject.

Btw, I am also sure that at one point it will take 2 Lightning HE shells to kill infantry and we will see a stamina-bar on jumping.

James24
Wednesday, 19th December 2012, 16:57
That's always the case.

Some things get nerfed, others get buffed and it has unseen circumstances. It is not an exploit, just making use of the weapon the way the stats work. People will always use weapons in their most effective way. Just because someone doesn't use them in the "spirit of the game" doesn't make them exploiters...

They already nerfed the crow and hawk by giving them massive bullet drop, but you can still one shot infantry.

Hovis
Wednesday, 19th December 2012, 17:03
Rocket launchers have to be able to one shot infantry. Game balance issues aside it'd just be stupid if people could walk off a rocket launcher hit.

Inyista
Wednesday, 19th December 2012, 17:26
Reaver Decoy Flares should now correctly reflect their intended price.

Before the patch, getting flares for a reaver costed 100, 500, 1000 and 1000 certs for each rank. For mosquitos and scythes is was 100, 200, 500, 1000 iirc. They fixed the reaver price to be the same as for the other ESF's.

The Annihilator Rocket Launcher is now available to all empires. This weapon has the ability to lock on to both aircraft and vehicles. It cannot fire without a lock on.
You not have the choice between:
- Default launcher
- Decimator; more damage than default but also fires slower
- Launcher with lockon on vehicles; less damage than default
- Launcher with lockon on air; less damage than default
- Launcher with lockon on both air and vehicles; less damage than default and does not have a dumbfire mode

So you now have 5 choices, how's that getting screwed?

And using dumbfire with the launchers that can do that is also not an exploit. It used to be bugged where it didn't have 'bullet' drop but they fixed that. One-shotting infantry with those things is just part of all weapons in the entire game (except the skyguard) doing way too much damage.

DestRox
Thursday, 20th December 2012, 07:45
...(except the skyguard) doing way too much damage.
to what?

Inyista
Thursday, 20th December 2012, 09:56
To everything. TTK's of 0.4 seconds and one-shots are just stupid.

Deathwatch
Thursday, 20th December 2012, 11:40
I agree with Inyista on this - the only-lock-on launcher is a good addition that fits the niche that was not filled yet. The only ones missing is the rocklet launcher and phoenix, which will come eventually.

The rocket launchers currently do seem to be quite right to me - they can still one hot infantry if hitting dead on, but the hawk was way too accurate in dumb fire before, allowing it to be used to snipe players too easily.

The other changes I don't have much to say about. The flares were too expensive for some empires supposedly, they lowered the cost? Not sure, can only base it on comments from people where SOE refunded people.

Hogefeld
Thursday, 20th December 2012, 13:43
To everything. TTK's of 0.4 seconds and one-shots are just stupid.

Agree! Nerf all Infrantry Weapons ! Except AV and AA

Hovis
Thursday, 20th December 2012, 16:57
No. Kill all the things as close to instantly as possible.

Turiel
Friday, 21st December 2012, 14:51
Before the patch, getting flares for a reaver costed 100, 500, 1000 and 1000 certs for each rank. For mosquitos and scythes is was 100, 200, 500, 1000 iirc. They fixed the reaver price to be the same as for the other ESF's.

Ok nice, that clears it up. No problem with that.

You not have the choice between:
- Default launcher
- Decimator; more damage than default but also fires slower
- Launcher with lockon on vehicles; less damage than default
- Launcher with lockon on air; less damage than default
- Launcher with lockon on both air and vehicles; less damage than default and does not have a dumbfire mode

So you now have 5 choices, how's that getting screwed?

If they had given us the choice right from the beginning, it would have been absolutely fine. I would have bought the Annihilator and my account would show +700 SC.