View Full Version : Sebbis - Orc Warlock

Sebbis
Thursday, 27th December 2012, 19:35
Character name:
Sebbis

Desired class/spec:
Affliction

Role breakdown:
My basic rotation is basically just keeping dots up especially empowered ones. Haunt on int-proccs or 4 shards. Doomguard during BL and/or <20%.
Using Affdots for my tick-management. Helps a lot.
I often switch out talents depending on what fight im on. An example of this is mannoroths fury for Elegon to spread corruption onto orbs, and Supremacy on Will of the emporor as im spending more time refreshing dots than channeling MG. Stuff like that.

My gear choice is having hitrating around 12% while balancing mastery and haste within a few hundred points of eachother. So as far as my current gear allows this is what im doing most dps with.
My gems is a mix between mastery and haste.
My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodscalp/Sebbis/advanced

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/umgchci9hqjw9byv/
Moar logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/9342/
Video: First Elegon kill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5IjYe_HlQc

Raiding experience:
I've been a mage most of my WoW-life. Switched to lock in MoP because i was unhappy with the mage-changes so most of my raiding experience is done on him.
Mage alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodscalp/Mithrand%C3%ACr/advanced

Vanilla: AQ20, MC, some of BWL (not much going on here :P )
TBC: Upto Teron in BT on my rogue.
WOTLK: Did some heroic ICC which was the furthest we got. HC Crusader which is mentionable.
Cata: Managed to clear Heroic DS in the end.
MoP: So far we are on Amber-lord (normal). It's been slow, which is one of the reasons im applying here. I have to add that even if i've done them all in LFR i still need to learn the HC version on almost all of them.

What i've learned is that Success will come to those who are willing to work for it.

Mechanics quiz:
Please give a brief description of how you would play in the following encounters (don't post an encounter guide)

Tank: Feng the Accursed.: No idea, i worry about my own role.
Everyone else: Gara'jal the Spiritbinder(Normal). I've been a totem-whore on this one, going in and out in all of them. This requires me to dot stuff up and get out on 13(ish) secs left so i can go into the next one again. When not inside i just do what i normally do on the boss making sure i got all shards ready when entering a new one.

References:
No sorry. Hoping to make some new friends though.

Expectations:
Not expecting anything except a competitive and fun raid enviroment and some social happenings in guild :)

Additional information:
My name is Espen and i'm an it-tech and photographer. Been playing WoW since 2005 and have been enjoying it all the way.
I'm 31, married and have 2 kids. I have good sense of humour and love a good joke. (don't really take offence of anything)
Reason i'm applying to you is i've now come to a point where i have to decide what i want to do. I've been in Dagon Roots for about 2 years now, and while it started out great with 25man heroic raiding we have been reduced to 10man and are at a point where we are struggling to move forward. We progress but i seems harder than what it should be.
I miss the 25man feel, and i would really like to progress a tad faster than whats possible atm.
I love raiding, and i really enjoy pushing myself to be the best that i can be, in which case I feel i can bring a lot to the team. I'm missing a microphone atm, but i'll be buying one soon so i can talk on vent/ts :P

I also aim to attend 100% of the raids. There might be a week every other month or so were i have to go on business-trips and stuff. Might make me miss a few raids. Hopefully i make it up by attending all the others.

Thank you for reading my wall of text and please ask any questions you may have and i will answer to the best of my ability.

Doc
Thursday, 27th December 2012, 22:13
Accepted.
I'm hoping our raid team comes back in January with full force, so expect competition!
Poke around ingame for an invite.

Welcome and good luck with your trial.

Frizzik
Friday, 28th December 2012, 17:58
grtz, welcome aboard!
Now i know why you whispered me yesterday :P

Seems like you know what you are doing reading the apply. Would be nice to have some more warlock competition!

Only thing i would like to discuss with you, why do you prefer going 3% under the hitcap? (btw i do agree that the full hitcap as affli is pointless, but the point i am referring to is why a total of 3%)

ps. Give me your trinkets you lucky git.... :P

Sebbis
Friday, 28th December 2012, 20:44
grtz, welcome aboard!
Now i know why you whispered me yesterday :P

Seems like you know what you are doing reading the apply. Would be nice to have some more warlock competition!

Only thing i would like to discuss with you, why do you prefer going 3% under the hitcap? (btw i do agree that the full hitcap as affli is pointless, but the point i am referring to is why a total of 3%)

ps. Give me your trinkets you lucky git.... :P

Thanks Frizzik :)

The 12% makes me hitcapped towards lvl 92 mobs which was the recommended hit if you werent going for 15%
Going lower will make me miss more on adds aswell as boss, so for me this was a comfort-zone.

oh and .. Stay away from mah trinkets !! :P

Frizzik
Friday, 28th December 2012, 20:52
Thanks Frizzik :)

The 12% makes me hitcapped towards lvl 92 mobs which was the recommended hit if you werent going for 15%
Going lower will make me miss more on adds aswell as boss, so for me this was a comfort-zone.

oh and .. Stay away from mah trinkets !! :P

yeah ok, the 12% makes you hit capped towards adds and 5m HC targets. But it doesn't make you hitcapped towards raidbosses. Lower is indeed a massive dps loss. But if i look through all the sims i can find (and my own) i get every to get somewhat between 14,5 and 14,9% (depending on gets the best stats from reforging).

The 12% so far only pulls ahead in sims on last boss of MSV, and probably on the one in HoF after garalon. Where there are alot of adds (lvl 92).

Or aren't you having that you miss too much, especially on a Haunt or a SB:SW what is a massive dps loss. Just interested in your personal experience.

.... Yeah i know i am kinda a old school lock, not being hitcapped feels as running around naked for me :P

Frizzik
Friday, 28th December 2012, 20:54
damm..... that is some terrible English in my last reply.... (hate writing in English while working at the same time in dutch :P )

Doc
Friday, 28th December 2012, 21:47
damm..... that is some terrible English in my last reply.... (hate writing in English while working at the same time in dutch :P )

Don't worry Frizz bud, we still love you.

Sebbis
Friday, 28th December 2012, 22:17
Rarely miss on sb:ss aswell as with haunt. In any case and unless you waste shards you should have no issue reapply with a new haunt if you miss one.
I found that i usually miss on reapplication of dots rather than haunts and sb:ss.

Personally being on 12% has been an increase for me, even tho i hate having to look for misses and would probably get myself hit-capped as the gear gets better.

Sebbis
Friday, 28th December 2012, 22:21
Also, i'm fairly new at being a raiding lock. Played one since TBC but I've only "theorycrafted" them in MoP.

It's an ongoing battle the hit vs haste vs mastery. Personally i think that as long as you dont completely mess up the haste and mastery you can go with whatever hit you want. The lower your hit is the bigger your reaction should be. Haunt is not that big of a damage to matter if you miss one or two an entire raid. :)