PDA

View Full Version : Deraine Death Knight

deraine
Thursday, 11th April 2013, 18:38
Character name: Deraine

Desired class/spec: Death Knight/Frost

Role breakdown:
Rotation, This is a general priority, ofcourse have to adapt on the fly if something happens.
2Hand:
Soul Reaper(if target below 35% hp) -> Keep diseases up -> Obliterate(with KM) -> Obliterate(if rune capped) -> Frost Strike(if Runic Capped) -> Howling Blast(if Rime) -> Obliterate -> Frost Strike-> Horn of Winter
DW:
Soul Reaper(if target below 35% hp) -> Frost Strike(if KM or Runic Cap) -> Diseases -> Death and Decay -> Howling Blast(if both F and D rune up) -> Howling Blast(if Rime) -> Howling Blast -> Obliterate(if both U rune up) -> Horn of Winter -> Frost Strike

2H is generally better for Single Target fights. With adds up for a majority of the fight DW will pull ahead on those fights.
I go 2H or DW mostly depending what weapons I have available. Have to go where the best dmg is ;)

For 2H specc I want to go for alot of haste. For DW specc I would rather want to go for more mastery.
This is because of the buff DK get for going 2H(more Obliterate dmg) and DW(more frost strike dmg).
For 2H you want to be able to get out more Obliterates. Since Frost Strike does more dmg as DW, you want to go for more mastery (increase frost dmg done) so you get highest possible dmg. Because of this, it is better to use more Howling Blasts then Obliterate as DW.
Mostly depending on the fight depends what talents are the best.
However the lvl 75 talent: Runic Empowerment is better as 2H, but Blood Tap should be better as DW.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodscalp/Deraine/advanced
I'm afraid I dont have any recent logs from my DK.

Raiding experience: (what have you accomplished? What has it taught you?)
Where to start...
Well, started playing when WoW was launched in EU.
In vanilla I played as a healing priest. Did Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, AQ20, AQ 40(Killed Twin Emperors) and 2 bosses in Naxx 40.
In Burning Crusade I swapped to Shadow Priest and did Kara, Gruul, Maghteridon, SSC, TK:Eye, BT, Hyjal and 3 first bosses in Sunwell. I swapped to Ele shaman in midway here because I went more casual raiding.
In Lich King I started as ele shaman and did Naxx, Eye of Eternity, OS and halfway through Ulduar. Thereafter I swapped to DK, partly because I wanted, partly because it was better for raid balance to go melee instead of ranged. After this I finished WotLK with my DK(did not kill Sindragosa, LK and Hallion on HC).
After Lich King I took a small break, but came back and started on my shadow priest again. Here I played through BD(Atramedes HC), BoT(Halfus HC) and TFW. For Firelands I swapped to DK and did that on HC except for Raggy. As we lacked tanks when Dragon Soul came out I went on my paladin and tanked DS, cleared on HC.
In MoP I started as a tank and did MV and HoF(up to Amber Shamper). I went DPS when we got another tank. After this, because we lost healers I went healer for the guild. Done MV, HoF(not Empress), TeS and 2 bosses in ToT as healer. Also tanked Jin'Rokh when we was a tank short once.
But now I wanna go back to DPSing.

I feel that with all I have done in raiding and all roles, I can adapt quickly to new things. I read tactics before (unless we are going in blind). I try to take all critisism to heart and do my best to always be the best I can be.

Mechanics quiz:
Please give a brief description of how you would play in the following encounters (don't post an encounter guide)

Jin'Rohk(This is for normal)
Stand in water(non electrocuted) as much as possible, for the dmg boost, but I always want to be near the edge, incase I get the lightning ball on me so I can quickly run out. Gather up on Lightning storm for heals.

References: (know any renegades?): Friend of Sebbis, have played alot with him.

Expectations: A nice guild of like minded persons where I can have fun in both raids and outside of raids.

Additional information: (Personal bio, previous guilds, why you want to apply. No need to put anything in particular here, think of it as breaking the ice)
My name is Alf Kåre, im 30 and I work at an ISP in Norway. I have been in Dagon Roots since I started playing again in Cataclysm. I have now come to the point where I want to go back to 25 man raiding. Sebbis recomended Renegade Legion as a nice good guild.
I started out playing on the server Turalyon in a guild called Grumpy Old Vikings, this was a guild with friends that all studied together. I left this to start raiding more and joined The Core Withing. After Vanilla I was asked if I wanted to join the raid team of a guild called MM. Due to real life happenings I had to step down from hardcore raiding at the end of Black Temple I rerolled shaman and started a more casual raiding with a guild called Focus. I left this because I didnt like the way the officers started to treat people. I ended up joining Eternal Shadows that I raided with till we came to Lich King. Because the guild started to die (people stopped playing the game for personal stuff) I transfered to Stormrage and joined Whact where I played with a RL friend. After Lich King I took a break. When I came back I joined Dagon Roots to play with another RL friend and have been here ever since.

Sebbis
Thursday, 11th April 2013, 19:26
Sebbis recomended Renegade Legion as a nice good guild.
Yea well what do I know?

Anyway, this guy would be extremely valuable to our team. He's well informed about mechanics and is always prepared, nothing wrong with his damage output either.
I'd vouch for him any day.

Saltydog
Thursday, 11th April 2013, 19:54
Can't trust locks.

Good app though.

Sebbis
Thursday, 11th April 2013, 20:02
Can't trust locks.

And this comes from the most shady class in the game.

Doc
Thursday, 11th April 2013, 20:16
And this comes from the most shady class in the game.
I didn't see Brummos post yet...?

Sebbis
Thursday, 11th April 2013, 20:20
I didn't see Brummos post yet...?
ONE of the most shady class in the game *

timm
Thursday, 11th April 2013, 21:06
Boneshield!!!!!!

Frizzik
Thursday, 11th April 2013, 23:40
A vouch from sebbis and the trunk of experience are two big plusses for me.

GL with your apply.

Prey
Thursday, 11th April 2013, 23:49
Hey Dude, any reason you have a mixture of strength and Haste gems rather than just going all haste (Not the JC only ones). You don't have to worry about the lightning balls in Jin'Rohk if you are melee btw, provided some ranged (noob) doesn't kite one into you.

Stokvis
Friday, 12th April 2013, 09:15
And this comes from the most shady guy in the game.

Fixed

Sebbis
Friday, 12th April 2013, 09:22
lol

deraine
Friday, 12th April 2013, 09:23
Hey Dude, any reason you have a mixture of strength and Haste gems rather than just going all haste (Not the JC only ones).
Yes, according to the sims i ran it was better for me.
Although the latest sims now show that with the new gear its not best anymore so will regem later today for more haste gems.

Doc
Friday, 12th April 2013, 20:37
consensus seems to be positive.
If you can put up with this bunch of scrubs, you're more than welcome to trial.
We do have an abundance of raiders atm (this is a good thing) so bear with us.

Sebbis
Friday, 12th April 2013, 21:17
Excellent <3

Frizzik
Friday, 12th April 2013, 23:21
consensus seems to be positive.
If you can put up with this bunch of scrubs, you're more than welcome to trial.
We do have an abundance of raiders atm (this is a good thing) so bear with us.

If he can tank and doesn't die we can always swap our dieing tank out.

That would helpout doomcaller as wel seeing we need to diss timm his gear, so we get enough spirits for the crafted head. :p

timm
Friday, 12th April 2013, 23:28
i will hurt you frizz!!

Sebbis
Friday, 12th April 2013, 23:47
rofl

Frizzik
Saturday, 13th April 2013, 08:01
i will hurt you frizz!!

^^