PDA

View Full Version : Shadow priest app.

JAzzman
Tuesday, 3rd September 2013, 23:16
-Character name:

Jazzman ( Draenor.)

-Desired class/spec:

Shadow, can play disc as a decent OS.

-Role breakdown: (your basic rotation in any given situation, your gear choices. Links to armoury/metres belong here, but aren't mandatory)

I always make sure i start the fight with 2 or 3 shadow orbs when possible. I prepot, pop Halo, pop everything else in case i do have 3 orbs. Then Mb > VT > SW P > DP > MF:I and from there its more rinse and repeat. Use MB and Halo on CD, redot when needed.
Here's some info on why i gem and reforge what, stat prio etc.
My main goal is to have as much haste as i can get while keeping my hit rating as close to 15% as i can. Im not using any bot or add-on to calculate this for me, as i think im perfectly capable to calculate the best way to do this on my own. Im rolling with Hit ( to 15%.) > Intellect > Haste > Mastery > crit. ( Mastery overtakes crit since i have the legendary meta gem.) I reforge every item that doesn't have haste into haste, starting with the least valueable stat and from there upwards. If an item has haste and crit for example, then i reforge the crit into either hit if i need it, and mastery otherwise. ( i realise this is supersimple stuff, i just wasnt sure if you wanted to know if i knew this:P.) Same goes for gemming, if the socket bonus isnt worth while ( i.e. not intellect or haste.) I just gem full haste. If there is a nice socket bonus i gem either haste / hit or haste / intellect depending on the color. The enchanting is very basic ofcourse. i could go into detail as to why i chose what enchant, but the facts are that i just go in the internets and do what they tell me. ( And honestly, the same goes for gemming and reforging. The koreans did the math for me, why should i bother to do my own math? This excludes the mastery overtaking the crit part btw, i did actually run the numbers myself there.)

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Jazzman/simple
World of logs: You can look my guild up if you want. <Siege> On Draenor. We've disbanded, but the logs should still be up.

experience: (what have you accomplished? What has it taught you?)

I used to be in a good guild during wotlk where we had finished at a decent place during ICC. During Cataclysm and early MoP i had my own social / raiding guild. We were decent for the amount of time we put into raiding, but never got serious. Perhaps because Cata content was proper shit and we didnt want to put more time into it. In early MoP i went to Horde on Chamber of Aspects and joined a new guild that showed promise and said they were going for a r1 on chamber in the future. We raided during ToT and took a fair amount of time to clear normal. So many mistakes were being made that i decided to go back to Alliance and join No Comment. They had some good people in there but struggled a bit with their roster. Did some progress bosses as disc and shadow and ended up at 5/13 hc before going on my holiday. After i returned form my holiday No Comment had disbanded. So i went to Draenor where some mates of mine play. Joined Siege there and went up to 10/13, with about 100-150 wipes on Animus. Some guys in there went awol, wich made some people leave the guild or realm even. This has lead to us disbanding.

Mechanics quiz:
Please give a brief description of how you would play in the following encounters (don't post an encounter guide)

Tank: Council of Elders
Everyone else: Jin'Rohk. Stand in the water when its up. Run out when the ball is on you, deposit it somewhere the water will never come. I usually dispell my own debuff, shielding myself before ofcourse. Dodge the balls during the storm. Profit.

References: (know any renegades?)

Nope.

Expectations:

A stable, competitive raiding guild. And i hope you can be fun with to hang out with outside of raiding as well. Somehow the social aspect is important to me as well i guess:P But ye, the raiding part is the most important ofcourse.

Additional information: (Personal bio, previous guilds, why you want to apply. No need to put anything in particular here, think of it as breaking the ice)

Im Yannick, 22 years old from Holland. My hobbies are all kinds of sports ( Football, Baseball, cycling.) and ofcourse gaming ( WoW, Fifa, CoD, GTA.). Im currently in between jobs and girlfriends:P but not to worry, i never let any of those 2 come in between my hobbies:P ( Perhaps thats the reason i lack both atm?.) I also like to go out with friends in the weekends.

Carinyitus
Wednesday, 4th September 2013, 08:08
looks good!

Divinedevil
Wednesday, 4th September 2013, 09:28
We had close to 200 wipes on animus. And one try that went perfect aka kill.
Anyways looks good

Gl

Gnomeisback
Wednesday, 4th September 2013, 10:14
Good luck with the application! Looks good and we can use some fresh blood for our last week of wiping on Lei Shen :P

timm
Wednesday, 4th September 2013, 10:33
not a main spec healer and not a friend of cari! you are already one of the people i like the most on this forum!

Acolyte
Wednesday, 4th September 2013, 14:09
OMG...Dutch people everywhere :shinner: ...the horror.

OT, GL with the apply.
Oh, and if you get in, expect me to bother you A LOT with talent, glyph and spell usage on different fights :D

Deadlock
Wednesday, 4th September 2013, 16:35
gl with apply. we need more dutch people! :D

Doc
Wednesday, 4th September 2013, 22:35
After much deliberation, we can offer you a trial.
Acolyte will make sure you're up to snuff, so be prepared.
Wont have room for you this week, so no rush to join, just be ready for 5.4 \o

JAzzman
Thursday, 5th September 2013, 07:42
Ah, sweet. Will transfer somewhere near the end of this week / start of next week. See you then ^^