PDA

View Full Version : Mestkever - Death Knight

Mestkever
Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 01:29
Character name:
Mestkever

Desired class/spec:
Blood, but I also fancy being frost dps. My current blood gear is ilvl 563 and my frost gear is ilvl 551 but hardly any valor upgrades where I got 3k valor in stock.
I believe my current armory is showing my dps gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodscalp/Mestkever/simple

Role breakdown: (your basic rotation in any given situation, your gear choices. Links to armoury/metres belong here, but aren't mandatory)
As tank:
Apply diseases (with outbreak if available, otherwise with plague strike + icy touch).
After that spread and keep up diseases with blood boil.
Use D&D on crimson scourge proc or else blood boil.
Spam rune strike and death strike. When the mob/boss drops below 35% hp use soul reaper for the blood runes and use blood boil on the crimson scourge proc.
Keep up bone shield where possible and use dancing rune weapon on cooldown for damage and damage mitigation.
Use cooldowns when needed, so icebound fortitude and vamipiric blood when low hp for example.

As dps:
Start with army + ghoul (after pre-pot). Use pillar of frost and apply diseases (with outbreak, else with plague strike + rime).
Use ghoul, pillar of frost, horn of winter and empowered rune weapon on cooldown.
When the diseases are about to expire use plague leech and reapply them as before.
Spam obliterate and frost strike, only use rime on proc.
Below 35% hp use soul reaper for the blood runes.
Use defensive cooldowns when needed.

Raiding experience: (what have you accomplished? What has it taught you?)
Even though I am a vanilla player I did not explore the vanilla raid content.
I started in TBC where I cleared everything as a mage (mage tank on Gruul ftw).
In wotlk I cleared everything except for king lichy on hc.
I also hardly raided in cata since I decided to quit the game back then, the only thing I did was a little bit of LFR.
I started playing panda about 1.5 month before patch 5.4. So the only raid I did on normal is SoO.
I did all raids on LFR and flex where possible and cleared 13/14 on normal SoO with best try phase 3 on our big friend Garrosh.

My experience in my years of raiding learned me that I have to be patient, not everything will go as planned. And trial and error is a part of the raiding world.
Also you need to help your fellow guildmembers by passing on gear or raid spots even if needed.

Mechanics quiz:
Please give a brief description of how you would play in the following encounters (don't post an encounter guide)

Tank and healers: Norushen Heroic
DPS: Sha of Pride Heroic

Well, since I haven't done any on heroic I just looked at some movies to help me get an understanding of the boss mechanics.
The following is a desciption of what I would do after watching these.

Tank: Nothing really changes here from normal. Other then that you get 5 pride on every pulse of the orb. What I would do is soak the orb, go into the other realm, kill the bitch while avoiding his crap and soak more orbs. Tank the boss untill 3 stacks and tank big adds. Don't know anything I could add here.

DPS: I suppose the main difference is that you have 2 new things to watch for as dps, one is closing the portal by walking over it which gives you a 1 minute cooldown to do so again. And the other one is playing pacman if you get in that realm, otherwise kill zhe add. So open prisons, dps adds, close portals and play pacman 2.0.

References: (know any renegades?)
Other then the newly accepted players Darkor and Eirvinne, not really

Expectations:
Get raid experience, kill stuff. But most of all have fun :)

Additional information: (Personal bio, previous guilds, why you want to apply. No need to put anything in particular here, think of it as breaking the ice)
My name is Victor and I am from the Netherlands. And yes, before you say so, indeed ANOTHER DUTCH GUY. My previous guild was Hollands Bier Team, but since the raiding with them is quite dead I am looking for a new adventure. You can expect from me to be a dedicated raider and from time to time a fun person.

Edit: I have 4 more chars on lvl 90 that can fulfill a dps role, I am willing to try dps on one of them but they have not so pro gear :p
Edit 2: I suppose it is fixed :D

Doc
Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 01:59
Edit: I have 4 more chars on lvl 90 that can fulfill a dps role, I am willing to try dps on one of them but they have not so pro gear :p
Edit 2: It seems I deleted my entire post, give me an hour to fix this crap xD

This made me smile :D

Mestkever
Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 02:18
This is an imposter post :p

Mestkever
Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 02:35
Not me, so much time spend at it....all gone :P

- - - Updated - - -

But I made new thread since my reply wasn't showing and my OP is gone

Doc
Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 02:58
Not me, so much time spend at it....all gone :P

- - - Updated - - -

But I made new thread since my reply wasn't showing and my OP is gone

Think the forum settings require moderation for new users linking things :P
I'll want some kind of officer conference before I give you a more detailed reply; we seem to have had an influx of recruits so I need to make sure we're not offering an open spot that doesn't exist.

Mestkever
Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 03:08
Well, just so you know. As showed in my OP, your new recruit Eirvinne happened to join our realm because of me, so would be awesome if we could raid togheter.
But still up to you.

Btw, you are evil just deleting my post and make me thinking it was my fault :p

eirvinne
Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 03:11
^ totally truth <3, evil part also

Mestkever
Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 03:13
So much love <3 :p

timm
Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 03:51
i came here to pretend to read an apply, but i see a big lack of apply! DOC FIX!!!

Doc
Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 07:15
i came here to pretend to read an apply, but i see a big lack of apply! DOC FIX!!!

I thought I did... I can see it fine.

Echor
Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 09:08
I thought I did... I can see it fine.Sadly the words 'Moderated post' aren't that obvious to admins, we can just read it and think nothing more of it. So I've cleared the moderation queue, that means you've got the odd post to delete/lock now :)

As this keeps happening, its either that all new posters are blind to instructions (yes some will be, but not most) or that the bit in the app template that states
Any links made in your application will need to be moderated before your thread appears.
If you include a link, don't worry it will be posted.assumes too much understanding, ie that the posting of a web address hides the post from everyone, including the op! a necessary evil, but perhaps more clarity needed?

Koneko
Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 10:41
I thought it was maaaaaaaaaaag from our raids but i wasnt sure :P

Mestkever
Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 13:47
I works now, even showed 2 applies :p but I removed one :)

@ Koneko: That's the one

Mestkever
Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 13:49
Sadly the words 'Moderated post' aren't that obvious to admins, we can just read it and think nothing more of it. So I've cleared the moderation queue, that means you've got the odd post to delete/lock now :)

As this keeps happening, its either that all new posters are blind to instructions (yes some will be, but not most) or that the bit in the app template that states assumes too much understanding, ie that the posting of a web address hides the post from everyone, including the op! a necessary evil, but perhaps more clarity needed?

Yea, but the weird thing is, it showed at first, and the *POOF* it was gone

eirvinne
Wednesday, 22nd January 2014, 01:09
and from time to time a fun person.

Totally;> can i keep him can i can i?
Pleasseeee

Doc
Wednesday, 22nd January 2014, 01:45
I very much dislike any sort of "joint applicant" as we've been bitten basically every time.
That said, though we've grown our raid team by 6 in the last week our melee team is still smallish.
They're mostly a reliable bunch, so competition for spots is fierce.

If you are comfortable sitting in on farm fights and spot filling on progress, we could have room for you.
I find my patience growing thin at times, so I expect you to be proactive on encounter mechanics.
If you are unsure *ask somebody*
Try to have an idea of what is going on beforehand (this late in a patch "I haven't done it before" is an excuse akin to poking an angry bear with a stick made of honey)

If that doesn't scare you away, poke around for an invite.

eirvinne
Wednesday, 22nd January 2014, 02:35
;> "joint applicant" hmm.. the thing is - that i transferred to your server and applied only cause Victor said its worth it and made a proper advertise of your guild. He deserves a proper chance. not only a good player but also really fun to play.. and he is evil - which makes it only better i guess. But thanks for accepting him in anyway ;}

Prey
Wednesday, 22nd January 2014, 10:47
The good news is all the plate wearers are pretty much fully geared so all loots shall be yours, just be there Wednesday then I can slack off while you kill all the farm bosses....