PDA

View Full Version : Gnuchan (DD warrior)

gnuchan
Tuesday, 12th May 2015, 10:22
Character name:
Gnuchan
Desired class/spec:
Fury
Role breakdown:
DPSing as a fury warrior is all about gaining rage and spending it as fast as possible while trying to stay constantly enraged. The rotation/priority relies mostly on knowing which of the shiny procs to press first, so it's highly based on quick reactions. If you want me to type out my priority list I can do that. Using your CDs and utility spells is however is bit more tricky and needs to be planned before each fight, like when might the tank need a vigilance? Will this fight benefit from this or that talent and so on. I try my best to use my few utility spells to make life easier for everyone in the raid.
Raiding experience:
I started raiding casually in TBC only reaching Tempest Keep as a fury warrior, and transitioned into WotLK playing a prot paladin clearing all content and reached my peak of raiding Firelands before quitting the game. I came back at the very end of MoP to be ready for WoD. Moving my alliance warrior over to this server wasn't the smartest move since there's almost no alliance guilds on this server, and my current guild has lost a lot of it's core raiders. In HM I'm 2/7 Mythic and BRF 9/10 HC (since I refuse to pug).

Mechanics quiz:
Please give a brief description of how you would play in the following encounters (don't post an encounter guide)

Tank: - Oregorger - MT tanks Oregorger facing the ranged, making sure to be the person that is the closest to the boss to soak the Acid-thingy, and using a CD to reduce the damage that the Acid thingy does to the raid. Off-tank stands with melee and the tankswitch is after each Acid-stuff. Bloodlust at start.
Healer: - Firebender - I assume you mean Flamebender? :P Healing CDs during Firestorm, beware of the stacks on the tanks when the wolves come up. As a priest I try to put out some extra feathers for people kiting the small wolf and for people running in to stack during Firestorm. Bloodlust at start.
DPS: - Kromog - Depending on the raid composition I will change my specc between single target or aoe, since killing the hands too fast can result in quite a lot of deaths. Other than that you want to avoid all the rings and the cone thingy, and as melee it's quite easy. Bloodlust at 30%

References: (know any renegades?)
No. I currently play alliance so we might have ganked each other.

Expectations:
I expect to actually raid, which is something I can't really do in my current guild. Maybe a good time as well.

Additional information:
As you might have noticed from my application I play alliance, but I have no true loyality to them!!! The only reason I play ally is because I love gnomes. I will faction change as soon as I've found a guild that's willing to have me. If you wan't to have a chat before you decide if you want me on just add me on bnet. My btag is gnuchan#2457

Doc
Wednesday, 13th May 2015, 22:50
I'd be delighted to welcome you to the raid team, however we're currently slightly undermanned for mythic and I feel obliged to make you aware of that before you commit to a faction change.
We regularly have 15-17 people on for raids and can get heroic clear done no problem, but obviously we need a last attendance push to bring us our mythic kills (we do have enough to form a 20man with some spares, but real life seems to disrupt such plans)
If you feel comfortable taking that risk with us, you'll have time to establish yourself a core spot before the next tier releases and we'll hopefully be pushing progress, as I thoroughly believe we're capable of.

gnuchan
Thursday, 14th May 2015, 14:44
I'd be delighted to welcome you to the raid team, however we're currently slightly undermanned for mythic and I feel obliged to make you aware of that before you commit to a faction change.
We regularly have 15-17 people on for raids and can get heroic clear done no problem, but obviously we need a last attendance push to bring us our mythic kills (we do have enough to form a 20man with some spares, but real life seems to disrupt such plans)
If you feel comfortable taking that risk with us, you'll have time to establish yourself a core spot before the next tier releases and we'll hopefully be pushing progress, as I thoroughly believe we're capable of.

The way I see it, horde side on this server has a lot of options compared to the alliance side. Even if you didn't want me a faction change would be an option. You guys can always recruit, my current guild can't. I'll take the risk, even if it means that I can't be a gnome.

Doc
Thursday, 14th May 2015, 18:40
The way I see it, horde side on this server has a lot of options compared to the alliance side. Even if you didn't want me a faction change would be an option. You guys can always recruit, my current guild can't. I'll take the risk, even if it means that I can't be a gnome.
<3
Glad to hear it
Poke around for an invite \o/