PDA

View Full Version : Comand system revisions: Devs listening?

DarthS
Saturday, 2nd April 2005, 15:25
Id just like to point out this concept for anyone interested; an extra comunication command that lets squad leaders talk to each other continent-wide.

Linky (http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/board/message?board.id=inconcept&message.id=841)

Not a revolutionary idea on its own perhaps, but something nessesary in my own oppinion. Its squad leaders that get things done after all, not CR5s spamming globals. And command ranks tend to act as barriers between players, rather then actually encoraging some sort of command structure.

But...Samhanyes has hinted that there are plans for 'cotinued command revisions' later in the year (ie, when they finnish on their latest round of patching and balancing).

So, can it be true? After all this time, are the Devs finnaly listening to us and providing what we ask for, a decent command structure and organisational tools?

TataLebuj
Wednesday, 6th April 2005, 10:05
^^ - There's always hope that the Dev's will seriously "buff" the tactical/team-orientated Outfits by providing us easier methods of command and control. The largest problem I see is just getting players involved. As it stands now, there are so many players that won't leave their "outfits" even though they only have 3 - 5 active players per week. If the Dev's could come up with an Alliance system this would remove this barrier and REALLY allow community initiated groups (NCWA, for example) to shine.

But, as the NCWA shows, its still the players that have to do the work, the Dev's can only make it easier for us.

Cheers,

Daymare
Wednesday, 6th April 2005, 13:32
Id just like to point out this concept for anyone interested; an extra comunication command that lets squad leaders talk to each other continent-wide.

Linky (http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/board/message?board.id=inconcept&message.id=841)

So, can it be true? After all this time, are the Devs finnaly listening to us and providing what we ask for, a decent command structure and organisational tools?

nope :P

DarthS
Wednesday, 6th April 2005, 21:43
Meh, i demand optimism here.

Daymare
Thursday, 7th April 2005, 07:39
ok *pretends a happy face*

Valkyrieunit
Wednesday, 13th April 2005, 08:11
Well before i say hurray i'll see how they handle what /command to use for this new chat without ruing the old chat completly :p But if it work it will be better than to have the cr5's continually spamm about stuff and us(that means me) cr2.43's have to just sit there and wonder what the heck is going on:D