PDA

View Full Version : Fast leveling tips?

Visionaire
Monday, 10th January 2005, 11:09
Anyone got any good quickleveling tips? So far I'm a lvl 16 Human Warrior in Westfall, but since I don't have that much time to play leveling takes ages.

Daymare
Monday, 10th January 2005, 11:17
wait untill tomorrow then start playing with dreamstrike teh uber healing dr00d of d00m

Peete
Monday, 10th January 2005, 11:18
The quickest way to lvl up is doing quests. :)

Daymare
Monday, 10th January 2005, 11:21
yes as peete said.. and to be a bit more specific.. do like this:

When you first come to a new area, find the town and go completely insane with the npcs... just take all the quests you can find.. then read them

Find out which ones are in the same place, and do those, cancel those who take too long.

Finnish quests and get tons of xp

Repeat.

Visionaire
Monday, 10th January 2005, 11:25
ph34r teh dr00d of d00m?

I think I fear all this leet speech more :(

Daymare
Monday, 10th January 2005, 12:04
it's just a joke dude :) I never really speak 1337 if it's not to make fun of it :)

Shinigami
Monday, 10th January 2005, 12:42
Even though monsters at your own level might give more xp, killing those far below you might pay of if you can kill them with no downtime...

For example if I can kill even level monsters for 250 xp at a rate of 1 per 30 secs (500 xp/min), but monsters 5 levels below me at a rate of 1 per 10 secs for 100 xp (600 xp/min), in reality I get more xp by fighting the lower level mobs (all numbers are examples, it's a bit hard to figure out your killing speed)

But Peete is probably right, do quests, it's less tedious and if you are efficient and do several quests at once, you can probably make a lot of xp fast.

FuSs
Monday, 10th January 2005, 13:04
if u are a fighter class ask nyana to craft you the best weapons for your class.
think he is our best blacksmith.

double team: teams of 2 are probably the fastest way to level up while u dont have to hazzle to keep 5 guys together ('toilett break, afk for food, phone call, ...').
faster kill speed, less downtime, quests are easier

Visionaire
Monday, 10th January 2005, 13:28
Nyana did u read that? Make me more stuff goddamnit! :p

Veth
Monday, 10th January 2005, 13:40
;)
i'm doing quests, lvl 12 pala so far. it's entertaining, i see the world and i get shitloads of exp. the rewards are also quite nice from time to time.

fuss, could you invite me to the guild? charname:torlin

Shinigami
Monday, 10th January 2005, 15:04
The great thing about WoW is that you can be questing all the time, there is no need to grind to level up, unlike other MMORPGs out there. It's just a good way to make money sometimes, but I've never really done it for the XP.

FuSs
Monday, 10th January 2005, 15:33
;)
i'm doing quests, lvl 12 pala so far. it's entertaining, i see the world and i get shitloads of exp. the rewards are also quite nice from time to time.

fuss, could you invite me to the guild? charname:torlin

im not that active atm.
almost all of us have the ability to invite so watch out for
shinae, daymare, forak, nyana, chartu, grishnok ....

Shinigami
Monday, 10th January 2005, 15:51
He is in now :)

Nyana
Monday, 10th January 2005, 23:05
Nyana did u read that? Make me more stuff goddamnit! :p

heh yea i got to gather lesser ores now like tin and copper to make bronze :) They only exist in starting areas :)

Jega
Tuesday, 11th January 2005, 00:57
I can help ya with the ore Nyana... shame i didn't knew this earlier when i made shitload of G's selling ore in the AH :)

Visionaire
Tuesday, 11th January 2005, 09:59
Ive got bout 20 bars of bronze, cant make bronze myself yet, u want?

Daymare
Monday, 17th January 2005, 16:17
Best tip in the game: Keep your questlog full at all times

TheIcon
Monday, 17th January 2005, 22:11
Personally I go around taking every quest I find, then read though them and cancel those that are to high atm, normally leaving one or two from an area just to remind me to go back. Quests are good, and even lowbie quests still yeil xps in a fair number. Grinding dosent work in WoW unless your trying to skill up your skinning, when I need more leather I find green cons and then I just grind away like a madman. This also gives a hugh amount of xp's in no time (like shini pointed out).

Another good way to level up fast ... doing Instance's ... which kind of sucks as Alliance since there isent really any low level instances. As Horde you get the first around level 13-14 and is quite do able in a good group, and if you just keep doing the instance a few times you not only end up with Elite exps pr kill but also a bunch of nice items for either use or selling.

So far I dont think I can see a class in this game that cant be leveled up fairly fast solo :) ... Druid and Preist being surport might be a tad harder depending on thier spec's.

JojoTheSlayer
Monday, 17th January 2005, 22:38
Best tip in the game: Keep your questlog full at all times

Yeah, I found that out after level 13 :). The reason to have many quests activ at all time is that, esp on xx mob kill quests, you usaly kill half of the right mobs on youre way to a target of another quest.