PDA

View Full Version : Command and Conquer 3

James24
Tuesday, 27th February 2007, 00:20
Just downloaded the demo - had a quick mess around with it. Looks good from what I've played so far... :)

Ludicrouse
Tuesday, 27th February 2007, 00:22
Its cracking... Same old CnC but with a new twist and some very cool units.

Hard to make out how a large scale fight is going to look cuz of the size of the Skirmish map in the demo.

leanmeankillingmachine
Tuesday, 27th February 2007, 00:34
downloading now, its the first C&C game ive played since the original...

...if its shit im going to set fire to your houses.

Hovis
Tuesday, 27th February 2007, 02:41
I'm not sure if there's anything to like about the direction C&C has been going in since Red Alert. Red Alert was good, no question, but it has been a constant downward progression ever since. Next to the phrase "Resting On Your Laurels" in the encyclopedia there's a picture of the boxes from all the shit C&C games that sold like hot cakes because the original was the balls.

Flufball
Tuesday, 27th February 2007, 02:53
I'm enjoying it, although I would prefer to be able to play as nod rather than GDI...

Flufball
Wednesday, 28th February 2007, 19:58
Can now play as Nod and against GDI, wheee good fun, Mamoth Tanks are a bitch when they come into your base.

Kampf
Wednesday, 28th February 2007, 20:05
i would buy the xbox360 version if u have one, cause it has some additional xboxonly stuff

Megapolaris
Wednesday, 28th February 2007, 20:22
Looks cool, where do i download the demo?

James24
Wednesday, 28th February 2007, 20:37
i would buy the xbox360 version if u have one, cause it has some additional xboxonly stuff

worst idea ever.

Joypad is far far worse than mouse for RTS + you wont get mods/ many user mad maps.

360 version is just an EA cash in.

Hovis
Wednesday, 28th February 2007, 20:41
Judging by the graphics options, a sure sign of who is who's ported bitch, this is a PC game.

I like it, but it'll not as tactical as Company of Heroes or as strategic as Supreme Commander. More fun than either though? Very possible.

Flufball
Wednesday, 28th February 2007, 21:09
For anyone who isn't awear how to play as Nod (without having to capture the opponents base), click the drop-down box to bring up the options to change side, move your mouse over the side you want and then press the hot-key for that side (The first letter - G for GDI, N for Nod and S for Scrin, although Scrin have no con-yard so are instant lose), finaly click on the side you want.

Omniel
Thursday, 1st March 2007, 23:58
downloaded the demo yesteday, 1,17GB fyi, and then the bugger was invalid..

yes i cursed a lil

Maurgrim
Tuesday, 27th March 2007, 16:09
Just installed the full game, gonna take it for a spin now :)

Ludicrouse
Tuesday, 27th March 2007, 16:12
Not getting my hands on it until Thursday or Friday...

Nothing quite like CnC for some no holes barred mindless RTS rampaging!

Volw
Tuesday, 27th March 2007, 16:31
Dont forget that Tricia Helfer (BSGs 6) is there too :D

Guy
Tuesday, 27th March 2007, 16:50
Am I the only person that thinks C&C is staggeringly unoriginal and boring? :)

Omniel
Tuesday, 27th March 2007, 16:51
Going to download this one and if its any good and the MP is also fun to play i might buy it.. otherwise not.
The C&C Generals version didnt really appeal to me but Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge was golden!

Ludicrouse
Tuesday, 27th March 2007, 17:30
Am I the only person that thinks C&C is staggeringly unoriginal and boring? :)

Gearing up for Company Of Heroes 2 PR Leo? :p

Guy
Tuesday, 27th March 2007, 17:49
That would be telling now, wouldn't it?

Ludicrouse
Tuesday, 27th March 2007, 17:52
That would be telling now, wouldn't it?

Well the Games For Windows chappie kinda blabbed enuff tbh :p

Guy
Tuesday, 27th March 2007, 18:05
Anyway... C&C. Crap or wot? :)

Ludicrouse
Tuesday, 27th March 2007, 18:13
Well i really enjoyed the Demo, then again ive always enjoyed the simplicity of the C&C series.

Id give it a 7.5/10 as its a fine game but, they completely made the Mammoth Tank look really pussyfied...

Maurgrim
Tuesday, 27th March 2007, 19:23
MP is alright, haven't tried the story yet. Stealth Units are somewhat unbalanced though. Might be good for the occassional MP session but hoping for some good mods.

Hovis
Tuesday, 27th March 2007, 19:26
The demo let me down in much the same way as C&C generals did; the units that insta-kill building garrisons. Totally fucking lame. Any building with troops inside it should be a fortress. Company of Heroes nearly got it right, but buildings and the troops therein were still way too flimsy.

Other than that the story looks a hoot, so I'll download it or blag it.

Hovis
Saturday, 31st March 2007, 13:41
Have played a fair bit of it. It's basically the same as the original. Which is quite good, but it feels -really- dated compared to Company of Heroes and Supreme Commander. Can't say I really recommend it.

Omniel
Saturday, 31st March 2007, 14:31
So Supreme Commander would in ur book own CC3 then?
im curious cause im a total RTS fan and lately have been stuck to AoM again simply because i like its style.
But im deffo searching for a new RTS to go online with again because the online AoM scene is going downhill.

Hovis
Saturday, 31st March 2007, 15:21
Couldn't tell you about the multiplayer too much, depends what you like really. I'm not really able to maintain the sort of intensity that RTS gaming demands, you need to be juggling too many things for me to really enjoy it. I think C&C3 will be huge, but I think Supreme Commander will be around a while, it'll have a big following from Total Annihilation, and it's a far more substantial game. C&C3 is more about speed and so on than SC, C&C3 is a sort of balls to the wall battle game, but SC gives you loads of ways to skin a cat.

GuardianAnge1
Saturday, 31st March 2007, 15:37
i prefer Generals tbh. feels better and the maps are more simple. CoH is still better too, but CoH is more stratagy where C&C helps you with choke points etc.

P3taloudas
Monday, 2nd April 2007, 17:19
i always liked C&C for the cinematics... i'm gonna play the campaign just to see the whole plot and shit and see how the drama goes

Daymare
Thursday, 12th July 2007, 15:49
just had to post in here cause im really anoyed atm. Dled cc3 for a bit of a challenge, and I beat the brutal computer ina skirmish after having the game installed for 4 hours. It's a shit game that only demands that you clickie the buttons fast.. >_<

WTB games that don't have uber troops.

Hovis
Thursday, 12th July 2007, 16:28
It's why I still like Company of Heroes. Sure tanks are a bit uber, but they are only uber until they hit a 57mm gun. And those suck against infantry. Which are no good against tanks. And so on. Best thing of course being that because of the terrain and the mobility you can turn all that on it's head.

Daymare
Thursday, 12th July 2007, 16:48
yea that's what I love about coh, you don't have to be the fastest button clicker in the world, as long as you got a brain, and no matter what you encounter you can beat it, even though his things cost a lot more than your things. Unlike games like cc where you just built the most expensive lolmachines and steamroll.

Rebel
Friday, 13th July 2007, 06:52
yea that's what I love about coh, you don't have to be the fastest button clicker in the world, as long as you got a brain, and no matter what you encounter you can beat it, even though his things cost a lot more than your things. Unlike games like cc where you just built the most expensive lolmachines and steamroll.

to be fair though DM you hack rts', i have witnessed first hand :p

Stormare
Wednesday, 8th August 2007, 17:44
Kek gimmie a shout if u want to do some 2v2s, or 1v1s against me.

Used to be "pro" in 1.4 (nod tankspam ovbiously). now im rather ok play as gdi.. anyhow.. gimmie a shout if ur intressted =P

msn : jiame12@hotmail.com

Omniel
Monday, 13th August 2007, 12:10
well SC didnt hold it up for me, found that i had to use a variety of mods to make the game function somewhat intresting. The mods would make the tier1 and 2 units less obsolete whereas the vanilla mode would be a rush to superweapons+tier3 units. Also found the differences between the factions too minor and especially in multilplayer the game let me down because i almost always encountered the same tactics.

Much same story wich CC3, altho its smaller scaled and faster paced, have to agree on daymare with this one. Guess ill wait for StarCraft 2 and stick to the golden oldies for now :D

Genya Arikado
Saturday, 5th April 2008, 13:43
So I has had Kanes Wrath a while now, not really impressed at all with the single player or the global conquest mode and still pissed off at the lack of a music menu allowing you to choose what is playing.

That said, anyone else have it and want to give online a go with me?