PDA

View Full Version : More regular guild "outings"?

Banadan
Wednesday, 13th April 2005, 13:10
I quite enjoyed the "event" we had with some guildies in Blackrock Spire another day. Was fun, even when we once got killed with about 100 mobs crashing on us from the depths of the place :D

Perhaps we could do more of such things? Maybe more regularly? To Spire again, to Depths, to other places like Stratholme, Scholomance? Experienced raiders could give tips about the places, new ones to those areas could get the experience on the place and overall, all would have fun. Loot and stuff to be used as upgrades or enchanting fodder, to boot, what's there not to like? :)

Perhaps a bit tricky to do during the week, as some have to log sooner, some get on later.. But we could do such runs, say, once per one weekend day. Start at some time after the noon or early evening and then go through the place from the start till the end. One such run per weekend wouldn't be taxing to anyone, would improve the guild (e.g. give the raiding experience to those who do not have such background from other MMO's; also equip the guild members better - and we know that better equipment = better performance), and in the end, would "mold" the guild as such into organised raiding mechanism :D

Just a thought, but definately would be a fun thing I'd like to participate in.

Hincey
Wednesday, 13th April 2005, 13:32
I quite enjoyed the "event" we had with some guildies in Blackrock Spire another day. Was fun, even when we once got killed with about 100 mobs crashing on us from the depths of the place :D

Perhaps we could do more of such things? Maybe more regularly? To Spire again, to Depths, to other places like Stratholme, Scholomance? Experienced raiders could give tips about the places, new ones to those areas could get the experience on the place and overall, all would have fun. Loot and stuff to be used as upgrades or enchanting fodder, to boot, what's there not to like? :)

Perhaps a bit tricky to do during the week, as some have to log sooner, some get on later.. But we could do such runs, say, once per one weekend day. Start at some time after the noon or early evening and then go through the place from the start till the end. One such run per weekend wouldn't be taxing to anyone, would improve the guild (e.g. give the raiding experience to those who do not have such background from other MMO's; also equip the guild members better - and we know that better equipment = better performance), and in the end, would "mold" the guild as such into organised raiding mechanism :D

Just a thought, but definately would be a fun thing I'd like to participate in.

Think that is the plan dude, soon as there is enough high lvl ppl online then either Niko, Grom or Rebel usually sort something.

After doing a few of these raids cant say they really float my boat its just a complete zerg which is great for loot but no fun IMO.

Would like to see more groups being sorted for the instances and try do them the way they are designed - for five people. I know some of them are nearly impossible but i'd prefer to die trying :D

Banadan
Wednesday, 13th April 2005, 13:56
I think we have enough lvl 55+ to lvl 60 to do these runs already, some 10-15 people runs. Let them be in 5 people group areas, that's no biggie, for starters it's OK :)

As they say - the more the merrier :)

Toparsokker
Wednesday, 13th April 2005, 14:08
I tend to agree with Hincey. I also would like to complete the hard instances (lbrs/strat/scholo) in a 5 person group. But seems a bit hard to organize, first of all you need to set aside quite a lot of time (4-5hours) unless you have someone who knows what they are doing with you. Second you need a balanced group.

Trying to organize this can be hard, getting a well balanced team to "click" timewise is not easy.

If anyone is planning to do these instances, and one man short, count me in :D

Otherwise, raiding seems a lot easier to organize and do.

Both are atleast better than leveling ones fishing skill. ;)

Fusion
Wednesday, 13th April 2005, 15:06
I think it would be quite nice to have another run at Teremus :)

Daymare
Thursday, 14th April 2005, 07:37
well, on PvP we (try) do this during the weekend, just as a normality. In my opinion it counts little as a raid but more as an "instant action" kind of thing that you organise on the fly instead of making lots of posts and plans.

For a guild as Huge as the PvE one it shouldn't be a problem :)

Shadowkraft
Thursday, 14th April 2005, 12:53
What about the lower levels? Not everybody has advanced to the final levels in the game yet.

karkus
Thursday, 14th April 2005, 13:10
isn't there like a raid every night at 9pm server time? i always here the 60's going on about it :)

how much more often do u want? :)

Nikodemus
Thursday, 14th April 2005, 13:45
@Banadan:
This seems to be taking place most days by now - and as we get even more people up to the high 50s, I can imagine we'll be doing it enough to get well sick of it, heh =)

@Hincey, Topar:
I am entirely in for a proper run. I want to get every single instance done properly at least once.

I must say that I am already now a tad bored with going in with way too many people. Yesterday in scholo I found myself trying to pull aggro off the MT with mind blast just because I was bored out of my mind :/

That said, if anyone knows of any big mofos like Teremus, I'm entirely in on killing them again. Partly for loot, party just to do something different, but in particular to get some more practice in killing big stuff - getting heal rotations going and such.

@Shadowkraft:
I can see where you're coming from, but I really have no idea what to do about it. The sad fact is that the number of really active players at the lower level ranges is small, so it's limited how many you can get in on it (without having high level chars join in, which could easily ruin the fun).
That said, it might be easier to get a bunch of people gathered if you try to arrange it some time up front?

Banadan
Thursday, 14th April 2005, 14:13
Every day? Well, not all are from UK, so if it starts at midnight by UK time then it wont work in my case during the week - it's 2 at night then here. Maybe that's also the reason I haven't seen many of those runs :) Not to mention that these are most likely for lvl 60's, which doesn't help most of the "higher level" players, who are lvl 55-59.

I meant some such runs, which start earlier. Like, say, 21:00 UK time, for example. This actually leaves enough time to participate for others as well, who are not from UK. And runs would be for fun and loot. For example, like Scholomance, where otherwise might need lvl 58-60 group, but if there would be like 10-15 people, then tad lower levels could also join the run, like from lvl 55 and up. That is, if these levels can enter the place. If not, there are other such "higher" instances :)

I don't mean that these should happen every day, no. If they voluntarily occure, fine, all the better. But we could do such runs, for fun and giggles, say at least once per week, at some weekend, when could also start sooner then. Would be fun for all and also be something different. Grinding with one char all the way up gets at times tedious and such runs would, for example, allow me to play main char more then mess with some alts for relaxation :)

Shadowkraft
Thursday, 14th April 2005, 16:40
I'd be happy to try and organise some lower level excursions and events etc, although I'm not sure what we could do.

I'm level 25, I can imagine just doing the stockades and deadmines, not sure what else we could do. A PvP tournament would be good as well I'd imagine.

Banadan
Friday, 15th April 2005, 07:57
Shadowfang Keep is also quite good for lvl 25. It's in Silverpine Forest and has mobs with levels from low 20's up to high 20's.

If you don't mind some travelling, why not to try out places on other continents? Again, for mid-20's and up you can try Blackfathom Depths, which is on Zoram Strand. Also, why not check out Horde instances? :) Wailing Caverns is in the Barrens, not too far from Crossroads and is also good for levels 25 and up. So, in short, instances for lvl 25 and up:

-- Deadmines
-- Stockades
-- Shadowfang Keep
-- Blackfathom Depths
-- Wailing Caverns

Fusion
Friday, 15th April 2005, 14:30
The Deadmines meeting stone has an upper limit of level 25 - and to be honest it gets a bit too easy then :)

Hincey
Friday, 15th April 2005, 17:43
A PvP tournament would be good as well I'd imagine.

Ludi was meant to get this sorted.......Ludi sort it b4 i bitch slap you.

Think we got ennough variation of lvl's to be able to sort a kinda fair tourney out now

Shadowkraft
Friday, 15th April 2005, 17:48
Travelling cross-continent would be a good idea, the only instance I've done is Deadmines, what with Van Cleef's head and all that, and another time for a loot run.