PDA

View Full Version : Apologies for my outburst during the Event.

TataLebuj
Monday, 18th April 2005, 15:37
Howdy all,

I would just like to apologize to everyone who was in Channel during the event last night. I kind of "blew a gasket" and that was hardly fair to you guys. I was being damn annoying with all the command breaks, and I promise that in the future (when I lead) I will move to a different channel so that I only annoy the channel commander.

And there has been a lot of feedback from the players of the Alliance complaining about the number of channel breaks, so the command section is looking into fixing this for next weeks event.

Everyone played SUPERBLY last night, and I had a blast zooming around in Vanguards with you guys. But don't worry, next week we'll get you guys into Galaxies and let 58th provide the Armor.

Cheers,

MiMaRz
Monday, 18th April 2005, 18:13
NP m8t:P ****, we all understood what was going on.

I've been thinking about it aswell , had command ts on, but turned if of, because of to much traffic, and i could bearly hear what we where saying, so i turned i of after a while. I think we all got bugged also by the command breaks while we we're in combat, depeing on comunication for progress.

I suggest we have an own NCWA Command Channel. In there we have the leaders of the event, 1-2 guys from each outfit, give or take. Here they can agree on what to do, targets etc. Then each designated Commander, pass on the commands,targets, tactics, ect. to their outfit.

Example: One RL leader in NCWA Command TS, distributes the info to the designated Platoon Leader for RL that night. The Platoon Leader then lays out the tactis, strategies,approach ect.

Freon
Monday, 18th April 2005, 19:16
Tata, I was there and I remember you apologising straight away, and it was most fair of you to do so.
Although im not privvy to command chat, Echor did whisper to me that the cross talk between our channel and command was really awful. I know myself that all that kind of cross talk would drive me crazy, and im sure we would all be the same in such a situation. In other words, it was understandable that you were a bit curt at that moment; i bet we all would be.
If there is a way to be able to make TS easier, then it would be great for all involved.
Just a suggestion, but when we are rolling armour for an event, i strongly suggest we use whisper between driver and gunner. A keyboard doesnt have enough keys to have everybody on whisper, but im sure we all have a few players on whisper. Maybe if we could all coordinate together as to whisper setup people to work together. That would surely cut down alot of chatter on outfit TS and also make it easier for driver/ gunner to communicate and work together.
For instance, I have whisper setup for Echor and Knaggsy, but was unable to gun/ drive with either last night. If we were all able to stick with someone we have a whisper to, comms would be a peaceful place :).
And Tata, dont worry about it m8, your a good leader with all of our respect which has been well earned. Your allowed a little outburst every now and then! ;)

Daymare
Monday, 18th April 2005, 22:12
wohooo galaxies! :=) about time the pros to the job again.
Anyway, don't worry Tata, everyone has got to let some steam out from time to time ( I do it more than often ;) )

knaggsy
Monday, 18th April 2005, 23:21
a surgestion woudl be when a command brake occurs is that you switch to annother chanel.. have a quick key set in ts.. maybe all in commadn just say to each other command brake.. and then u all move into that chanel and after come back.. then tell us to shut up to tell us what to do.

Echor
Tuesday, 19th April 2005, 00:26
a surgestion woudl be when a command brake occurs is that you switch to annother chanel.. have a quick key set in ts.. maybe all in commadn just say to each other command brake.. and then u all move into that chanel and after come back.. then tell us to shut up to tell us what to do.
It appears that this is essentially how things are going to be set up for the next event.

It will mean that there will be occasions when people are asking questions that there will be no one to answer them for a short time, it will also mean that you mustn't whisper to your commander for info when he's in his conference (no names but you know who you are!)

As for your "outburst" I don't blame you in the slightest, I could hear what you were trying to listen through, the cross talk was crazy :( and people didn't respond to the command break orders (of which there were so many, that I know people were fed up with them)

Daymare
Tuesday, 19th April 2005, 08:01
does that mean I get to scream COMMANDBREAK next time? I love that ;)

Anyway, isn't it possible to mute the channel you are in so that you can listen to command chat?

TataLebuj
Wednesday, 20th April 2005, 14:56
Anyway, isn't it possible to mute the channel you are in so that you can listen to command chat?

Not in this build of TS, but rumors have it there will be a 3rd version coming out soon. And that feature may be incorporated.

Thanks for the support guys! And yes, we have decided to create a new channel in every Outfit's channel called "Commanders" anyone leading will setup a bind to move there and talk to each other from there. And as Echor mentioned, please be patient if the leader has to pop back and forth a bunch, it is the price of coordination!

Cheers,

DrQuinn2
Wednesday, 20th April 2005, 17:47
I was responsible for quite a lot of the crosstalk as I was concentrating on Gunning the Vanguard I was in.
Sometimes I didn't hear the command break call or missed it on the chat panel as I was too busy gunning. So apologies for making it more difficult for you.

The idea of setting up a whisper between gunner and driver is obvioulsy a good one. Unfortunately, unless I know in advance who I'm going to be gunning for (i.e prior to starting PS) I am currently unable to set a whipser as I have a strange bug when ALT + Tabbing out of game.
If I alt+tab out I am only able to move to the left when I come back to PS. The only way of curing it is to logout and rejoin. Alt+F4 does not help as I still return with left only movement.
If anyone can suggest a cure I'd be most grateful.

Fusion
Thursday, 21st April 2005, 08:30
Purely out of interest, how will commanders know when to switch channels?

TataLebuj
Thursday, 21st April 2005, 10:53
You will still have Channel Command active (red dot) and when you hear "Tata on Channel Command, Command Break" you reach over and hit the bind that moves you into that channel.

Voila!

When we are done, you hit the bind to go back into your regular channel.

Also, someone has tested and confirmed you can make two commands to the same button, so not only change channel but also make that button toggle channel commander back on.

Cheers,

PS: No worries DrQuinn, its our fault for not having a different system in place to allow you guys to have the channel for tactical discussions. 8)

But along those same lines I wouldn't mind seeing us keep the same gunner drivers from begining to end (yes, I know some people will have to log off - well at that point we will need the next gunner/driver to stop for the 3 minutes it takes and get the ts whispers setup correctly). As this would make things easier when we are recalling and regrouping.