Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone still playing Vanguard?

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    I got it at the weekend as it was going on my station pass anyway and thus not costing me anything extra a month.

When the game first came out my friend got it and I was appalled at how bad it was, since then Sony have taken over and the game appears to be a lot more polished. I actually enjoyed playing it the few days I've been able too, feels like EQ2 but with soooooo many quests you'll never grind a minute of your gaming life unless you choose too, the world is absolutely massive and the draw distance goes on forever, climb a big tower and you can see for miles in every direction which makes a nice change.

Overall it's not as good as the big players of the genre but for a change it's nice to play, diplomacy, crafting and song creation on my bard have had me hooked.
    I've been playing it very casually since September.

I have a 18 High Elf Sorceror, 36 Tailor, 11 Diplomat, and a 21 Kojani Human Blood Mage. Going to swap to station pass once the initial 30 free days for POTBS have ran out. In a strange fortunate circumstance, this will coincide with the February subscription for vanguard almost to the day.

Looks like I might be playing Planetside again soon too then!

any one who ever had an account on vanguard will find it active till 20 Jan too. there trying to get ppl back i think.

servers are merged now and it gets a bit laggy as USA logs on towards primetime.

@Wigglr

What server, I have a 14 Qu Human Bard on Xeth and have 4 RL mates playing there too so if you need someone to hang with you can always start a toon on Xeth.

Zygorian is my ingame name.

I'm on Halgar, the EU server. I didn't fancy playing PVP if I only play for maybe 4-6hrs a week, and not even every week

There aren't really any lag issues on Halgar at EU prime time. It's amazing how much the game has improved since I played it back in Beta. Well, since I started playing in September it's improved a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by WiGgLr View Post
    I'm on Halgar, the EU server. I didn't fancy playing PVP if I only play for maybe 4-6hrs a week, and not even every week

There aren't really any lag issues on Halgar at EU prime time. It's amazing how much the game has improved since I played it back in Beta. Well, since I started playing in September it's improved a lot too.
    Does it still look horrible and have they fixed the boring combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Does it still look horrible and have they fixed the boring combat?
    I run it at 1900x1280 with maximum detail settings, so no it doesn't look horrible. Combat has changed little, so it's boredom level is the same as all MMOs

Quote Originally Posted by WiGgLr View Post
    I run it at 1900x1280 with maximum detail settings, so no it doesn't look horrible. Combat has changed little, so it's boredom level is the same as all MMOs
    +1
    Cleric imbaness is making loladin from WoW cry by the way... oO