Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shade Of Akama : Class assignment

Default Shade Of Akama : Class assignment

Class Assignments

Tanks - Make sure to grab aggro on the adds as they come out. Hamstring and Piercing Howl would help if they try running. Druids might try Bashing them to stop them. You might need to run back after them to grab them, but once you do, bring them back to your tank spot.

Melee DPS - Your job is to kill the Channelers and incoming Sorcerers. They will ignore all aggro and will never stop Banishing the Shade, so feel free to deal as much damage as you like.

Warlocks - You'll be in the Channeler team along with the melee. Your job is to keep DoTs up on the Channelers at all times.

Hunters - You'll be in the Adds Teams. Make sure you put in a Freezing(slowing) trap at the entrances so that the mobs don't rush in uncontrolled.
    ==> the missing part yesterday. Slowing trap coulp help the MTs and CCers

Mages - You'll be in the Adds Teams. Just DPS and don't overaggro. Use Fire Shield to prevent some unlucky Rain of Fire damage.
    ==Also : Sheep + Frost trop thingy

Shadow Priests - Same as mages.

Healers - You need 1 healer on each of the 4 tanks, with 2-3 healers on the Ashtongue Defender tank. The rest of the healers, preferably Shamans, should focus on raid healing.

Edit : A full melee group (fury War/Melee Shammy/rogue/retri/drood) can kill the channeler very very fast.
    Last edited by Upfen; Monday, 14th January 2008 at 13:15.

sheep i feel is a waste of time, just ended up with 3 sheeps in the middle that weren't touched due to the speed at which they were spawning. I'd say would be best just focus on dpsing them down.

Also I can't stress enough the importance of grabbing the adds right away as it was aggro that was getting dps in the add teams killed. We have to go all out to make sure we aren't over run, we cant hold back.

Was going well yesterday though and we were getting better every try.

TBH without the hunters on the platform it would take x2 as long to get the channelers down, so either we take more hunters or more melee?

I'm all for the frost trap if it means that nothing will be getting through to the top platform, because shit loads got through on Sunday and gibbed me, which gripped my shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    TBH without the hunters on the platform it would take x2 as long to get the channelers down, so either we take more hunters or more melee?

I'm all for the frost trap if it means that nothing will be getting through to the top platform, because shit loads got through on Sunday and gibbed me, which gripped my shit.
    Yep. we were low on melee yesterday.

Anyway. I ll try to post some videos tonight with different point of view (melee camp, hunter assignmen, dps camp, tank, etc...)

Well thing is ( As Kalisto posted before ), we as being the warriors/druids need a bit of help on getting the lose mobs together, since thunderclap / demo shout won't force them to attack us, that was defonately the most annoying part for me atleast yesterday.

tbh what i reckon we shud do is screw sheeping and just have mages nova the pack of 3 mobs, cuz i can np tank three mobs but when they just run across the floor over my consecration and not reacting to the dmg i do to them i cant do anything to get em back but taunt the odd 15 secs.

So next time i wud suggest we have a mage with rank 1 frost nova, nova them, thereby stopping them which cud prevent the mobs acting like complete retards running away from us tanks.

i've been thinking about the fight,
    Shadow priests could be usefull with statics mobs such as the ones on the plateform..

Lysteria the reason no casters go on the channelers is because you got a mana pool and dont do physical dmg mostly...rogues/enhancement shaman/fury warriors should be up for killing the channelers
    ALL ranged, then I mean ALL RANGED should be on the running adds...defenders are done last...the rest are killed easily if we focus dmg all the time and not run around doing single target dmg like I saw a few ppl did..

Anyway we fucking rocked BT still yesterday. 2 bosses down 6 to go :P

i dont mind trying the nova tactic, people gota watch out though or theyll get pwn'd if they are too close. Be good to see some videos after last night.

They make more sense after you've been in i find

Quote Originally Posted by Valendür View Post
    Anyway we fucking rocked BT still yesterday. 2 bosses down 6 to go :P
    dunno bout u, but i plan to kill illidan too, and make it 7 to go