Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments about Death Knights, who have tried it?

Default Comments about Death Knights, who have tried it?

DK is ace.

Has the good sides of both, melee and ranged. Selfhealing, groupbuffing, interrupts and aoe. Soloing with it is a joke, everything dies without any hassle. Currently at lvl67 (have to play sum rogue aswell) and killing stuff without losing any health or runic power, meaning zero downtime.

Looking forward.

Sounds like ret pallys, never going oom and can dps non stop

There are limiting factors - their "mana" (runes) do regen but they won't be able to spam abilities probably. It's closer to the Energy style from Rogues in how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Pultti View Post
    Looking forward.
    ...to the nerf bat?

i'd personally put them closer to rogues than anything else for playstyle, though obviously there are major diffrences. DK is a bit confusing at first and you kinda get thrown into it but once you have a nice rotation down to burn runes you're set, though i'm betting they will take a while to get used to in diffrent situations (especially pvp).

from my brief experiences they are an entirely melee-based attacker (some ranged attacks but they require runic power, you need to use runes to generate this) with stupidly good solo'ing skills. their 3 trees are melee-heavy blood, buffy/debuffy frost and more castery unholy, though all 3 have tank talents (which are seperate from dps/levelling talents so regardless of the tree you would need to respec to tank) and all 3 still rely on melee attacks.

personally wasn't too keen on them and they are certainly not gonna replace warriors but they should be fun in pvp and have fairly good mixed-use specs (dps, tank, pvp) though obviously some specs will be better for some things.

Quote Originally Posted by drywall View Post
    i'd personally put them closer to rogues than anything else for playstyle, though obviously there are major diffrences.

personally wasn't too keen on them and they are certainly not gonna replace warriors but they should be fun in pvp and have fairly good mixed-use specs (dps, tank, pvp) though obviously some specs will be better for some things.
    Sorta close to rogues yes, although since the GCD is different (no unholy-presence yet, not that i would use it as solo), i find myself spammin buttons a lot more than on my rogue. Also, rogue has to save energy for stuff like kick, or stuns, where as a DK i usually have my runic power-bar full most of the time, unless if cream it out for buffs/deathcoil/similar. And since Mind Freeze doesnt need runes.....Finding the use of DK-abilities a lot smoother than using rogue-ones.

They are not going to replace warriors as endgame tanks, but they will certainly be a nice mix of offtanking and dps. Im sure they are able to tank most of the 10-man content aswell, with decent gear ofc.

whats your dk's name?

Is it me or is death grip gonna fuck every clothie facing dk/rogue or dk/random melee

Quote Originally Posted by harryo View Post
    Is it me or is death grip gonna fuck every clothie facing dk/rogue or dk/random melee
    nah, im save with los not-obeying demon teleport))

very interesting claas indeed, definately gonna lvl mine
    so far blood seems to be dps tree, frsot tank tree, and unholy pvp tree

NetDamage = BaseDMG + AttackPower * APC
    is their formula, thus no reliance on spellpower

1str=2ap
    much like bears and warriors

they do seems liek a casters nemesis, butwe'll see

atm

unholy: best tank specc/single target dps/aoe tank/pvp

frost: control @ pvp

blood: leveling

but blizz idea is that each tree will be equal and all viable for tanking/dps/pvp

and as mero said dk's get nothing from spell power