Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patch 3.0.2 Priest Builds

Quote Originally Posted by Selks View Post
    Running disc also its cool.
    Im willing to stay disc for raids tho
    I am not convinced Disc is worthwhile for raids...maybe 1 disc priest but more, no idea

Well Grace is awesome. So are Power Infusion and Pain Suppression.
    And disc priests are a small mana battery. Every bit helps.
    And i thought that was the idea in the first place of WOTLK. Having every spec in a raid to make the best raid possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Selks View Post
    Well Grace is awesome. So are Power Infusion and Pain Suppression.
    And disc priests are a small mana battery. Every bit helps.
    And i thought that was the idea in the first place of WOTLK. Having every spec in a raid to make the best raid possible.
    Grace is pretty good but to keep it up is hmm - with the huge heals nowadays, you generally have some time between heals which diminishes the benefit from it (longer fights are probably better for it)

PI and PS are very good - although I'd guess PS less so, but it's not bad. (but does it beat CoH & Lightwell? not sure)

But my general experience is, is that despite all the benefits from the mana regen and such, I really burn through my mana much more quickly than with Holy. Granted, my build isn't ideal at all and I don't have 20%+ crit yet, but still. I really feel that a lot of the Disc things rely on shields, which just seem not so good (especially with the 15 sec wait between recasts due to Weakened Soul) and several talents rely on the shield/shield debuff to be there.

Holy seems to just be more mana efficient and have more throughput in the end, and gains the benefit of the spirit talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwatch View Post
    Grace is pretty good but to keep it up is hmm - with the huge heals nowadays, you generally have some time between heals which diminishes the benefit from it (longer fights are probably better for it)

PI and PS are very good - although I'd guess PS less so, but it's not bad. (but does it beat CoH & Lightwell? not sure)

But my general experience is, is that despite all the benefits from the mana regen and such, I really burn through my mana much more quickly than with Holy. Granted, my build isn't ideal at all and I don't have 20%+ crit yet, but still. I really feel that a lot of the Disc things rely on shields, which just seem not so good (especially with the 15 sec wait between recasts due to Weakened Soul) and several talents rely on the shield/shield debuff to be there.

Holy seems to just be more mana efficient and have more throughput in the end, and gains the benefit of the spirit talents.
    my thoughts exactly mate, when i looked through talents
    Discipline seems more pvp/self sustain orientated kinda tree. While it shines in pvp and 5-mans, 10-mans would be probably bit off, 25-man even more lack behind, given there are long fights. I do believe as you said its beneficial to have atleast 1 disc priest in raid due to nature of support, but in the long run - holy is more mana efficient and scales better

For now I got this in mind:
    Disc

The spirit buff I may drop - it no longer scales, so it isn't as good as it was (and 3 points for ~50 spell power is nice but quite expensive too)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwatch View Post
    For now I got this in mind:
    Disc

The spirit buff I may drop - it no longer scales, so it isn't as good as it was (and 3 points for ~50 spell power is nice but quite expensive too)
    aye imp divine spirit doesnt stack with shaman's flametongue anyway so its kind of waste, those 2 points better off in maxing mental agility or renewed hope imo
    my build would probably be something like this, imp healing as disc is rather lackluster to me

also worth mentioning that disc priest is not raid healer - its a tank healer or single targer healer. Disc's bread and butter is PWS and Penance spells

Small change:
    clicky

No Imp Healing anymore - going to rely on Shield/Fheal/Penance mainly

For questing, I do have points in Reflective shield just because it isn't bad but those are wasted points later on.

question about healing focus, is it really NEEDED it pve? nealry all builds seems to include it rather then not, elitist jerks give a rather shady pov as well
    From what i understand it was pretty much a must in TBC due to massive number of encounters with random aoe, is this still case in wotlk?

In TBC you needed it to avoid pushback - but with the changes to spell pushback (as it can only happen twice now), it definitely lost it's real purpose. But, if I had spare points, I'd get it anyways.

specced to holy cookie cutter (14\57\0) just as a ding 80 and went to naxx. I must say i enjoy it very much, leaves disc in terms of pure healing of HPS faaaaaar behind. No mana issues whatsoever even with mostly green/blue gear. I can see why they nerfing CoH tbh, it ridiculous, i could get somewhere to 5-7k HPS on some fights by just spamming that