Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3

Default Diablo 3

Anyone an educated guess on when it's gonna be released?

Last date I heard was 09-09-09... but the reason they came up with this date was because when you spin the Diablo 2 CD backwards you'll get that date on your screen.... or something like that.

when its done i reckon

It will be out when it is ready.

bliz has the power to take their time. Don't stress them.

My expectations are low. Unless it manages to go the way of TF2 and L4D by taking simple gameplay and running riot with it I don't think an isometric hack and slash is going to be that great. I wasn't a huge fan of Diablo 2, because unlike the first game it wasn't very original and half of the levels were shit. Diablo 3 is going to have to be so much better than the earlier titles to even make it onto my radar to be honest. Not to mention Diablo 2 is really fucking old, so god knows what this one will be like because surely they are going to have to do something about the massively limited gameplay options of the early games.

Some genres I think are dead on merit, or lack thereof.

Remains to be seen though, I mean TF2 and L4D went pure old school and were great fun, but they were FPS games and they went the route of pure multiplayer. I don't know that the gameplay of Diablo will have aged so well.

I'd like to be wrong of course though because funnily enough I actually like for games to be good.

I disagree with you Hovis. I hope they keep the gameplay from D2 (awesome game) with a few additions. The multiplayer was awesome to me as it was very easy and fast to create a game run some dungeons with some friends and then just log and do something else. You could do some fast runs for 15 mins or you could sit and do things for 12h. I did like the story they had and will be very interested how they will include Diablo now that you destroyed his stone (spent lots of time discussing this with my sister who was also a big D2 fan back in the days).

i hope they take alot of the stuff from titan quest and develop it further. Like making your own classes was pure win in titan quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dojun View Post
    I disagree with you Hovis. I hope they keep the gameplay from D2 (awesome game) with a few additions. The multiplayer was awesome to me as it was very easy and fast to create a game run some dungeons with some friends and then just log and do something else. You could do some fast runs for 15 mins or you could sit and do things for 12h. I did like the story they had and will be very interested how they will include Diablo now that you destroyed his stone (spent lots of time discussing this with my sister who was also a big D2 fan back in the days).
    I dunno about the gameplay to be honest. I just think the sort of hack, slash and level up gameplay that Diablo had has been topped since. I mean look at something like God of War for example. You might say they are completely different genres of game, but I think that in truth God of War is the very natural direction for Diablo to evolve.

Take out the platforms, replace with yet more fighting, and I think Diablo 3 as a sort of God of War style game could work.

What I don't want it to be is the sort of stat on stat maths war of the original Diablo games. But hell I'm sure if that is exactly what it is it'll still sell a billion copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovis View Post
    But hell I'm sure if that is exactly what it is it'll still sell a billion copies.
    That's what Blizz is after innit?

I'm very curious and expect the game to be the successor of WoW. Especially since alot of WoW vanilla players got completely disappointed with the WotLK content and left it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokvis View Post
    expect the game to be the successor of WoW.
    dont m8t, you'll only get your dreams shattered