Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions Online Release Date Confirmed

Default Champions Online Release Date Confirmed

On July 14, European and North American gamers will be able to pick up their copy of Champions Online and dive into a massive world of super powered heroes, villainous Nemeses, ancient gods, underwater civilizations, alien invasions, and much, much more!

From Cryptic Studios, the creators of the acclaimed City of Heroes and City of Villains, comes one of the most exciting new MMOs of 2009... Champions Online! Powered by the groundbreaking Cryptic Engine and based on the award winning Champions setting from the HERO System of pen & paper role playing games, Champions Online taps into a rich and established universe of heroes, villains, and intrigue.
    Source

As shown above, release date is July 14th. I have some vague interest in this. I enjoyed City of Heroes/Villains and thought it was a breath of fresh air to a genre chock full of Elves and Orcs. I have a healthy amount of respect for Cryptic, historically they know how the MMO genre works and not to expect to be punching well above their weight unlike most Developers/Publishers.

I shall give this a butchers if i get into Beta or they provide a trial at release.

Here is a video for the Nemesis System that allows you to create a custom Archvillain that you will face during your gameplay. You can make him look however you like, customize his abilities, the lot! I really like the look of it tbqh.
    Last edited by Ludicrouse; Monday, 27th April 2009 at 12:02.

CoH/CoV best part was the character creation. I may be tempted to take a look at this though. Hopefully can get into beta

There is a Guild Application option. Upto 50 places per Guild. Depending on demand we could chuck one in

Please do, i'd like to give this a whirl.

I need Email addys! (Ill send in the Application this time tomorrow)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicrouse View Post
    mimarz at gmail.com
    Last edited by Hovis; Monday, 27th April 2009 at 17:17. Reason: Scannable email addresses is baaaad umkay.

Looks very cool, I did enjoy messing around in CoH and CoV. Shame I got bored after a while as it got too repetitive for my tastes to play solo at least.

Quote Originally Posted by OniKiy View Post
    Looks very cool, I did enjoy messing around in CoH and CoV. Shame I got bored after a while as it got too repetitive for my tastes to play solo at least.
    That was always my Downfall on the game as well. I didn't want to try and hunt down a new group to play with so I was on my own and stacking up a huge amount of debt.

The PvP stuff they added when CoV came out was nice. Oh and I miss 5th column, their replacement, The Council, are far too boring. It's one of the few games where I'm not fed up of the WW2 vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Flufball View Post
    That was always my Downfall on the game as well. I didn't want to try and hunt down a new group to play with so I was on my own and stacking up a huge amount of debt.

The PvP stuff they added when CoV came out was nice. Oh and I miss 5th column, their replacement, The Council, are far too boring. It's one of the few games where I'm not fed up of the WW2 vibe.
    They brought the 5th Column back in one of the updates.

As for Soloing, me and Sean figured out a way of completely negating all content as a Solo player, except Task Forces, so much so that we only ever needed to make a group when we were a bit bored and wanted more Mobs in the mission.

Damn we were overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicrouse View Post
    narune75 at hotmail.com
    Last edited by Hovis; Monday, 27th April 2009 at 17:16. Reason: This isn't a secured part of the forum, for you own sake don't post your email addy in a scannable form.