Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Renegade Legion in Armed Assault 2

Exclamation Renegade Legion in Armed Assault 2

Rather than talking about the game in the general sense, I wanted to get a thread going about what, if anything, our approach as a clan or whatever we are will be to this game. I reckon we definitely want to hook up with the Vanu Corp mob again, moar the merrier and all that, but I think this game will benefit from a sort of organised approach.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking we could have a night or something that we pick top play, possibly to make it easier have it every three days or something, so that it doesn't fall on the same night each week or something.

When it launches I expect gameplay options to be limited at first as people build the missions, but keep your eyes open for the following:-

- We're going to want Warfare maps (Some now called Warface). These are the sort of hybrid RTS type of game and they are epic for versus play, as well as co-op.
    - We're going to want Domination maps, these are maps where you take the map town by town and are brilliant for teams of four players or more. You can start in on one of these around lunchtime and finish at night and it's fun on a bun from start to finish.
    - If we get the players, and I hope we ought to be able to, we could get a decent Evo game going. This is like Domination and is in some ways better and more open ended but it demands more players because you generally face heavier opposition.
    - Any new Co-Op game types that make a big splash. Trying new things is win and ArmA 2 adds a lot of options, so there may be whole new game types.

As well as this I reckon we should be pushing to get more people making missions, because the sort of standalone missions provide gameplay types that you can't often get in the big campaign type missions. Obviously I'll be making things, but anybody else giving it a go means we have more we can be getting along with.
    This machine kills purple dinosaurs.

I think co-op missions are the most important.

Warfare/dom is quite boring imo - not enough infantry combat, too much tanks. There isn't that much teamplay involved, comapring to a decent mission.

But then again, we mostly played it with 4-5 people max, I guess with more, it could be much more interesting. Especially domination.
    'Volw is correct.' - Ludicrouse

We get a dozen guys making proper use of the gear we got available I think it will be better. With a small group you need to the tanks cos you're heavily outgunned otherwise.

I'm in.

Might get in touch with some old Flightsim mates about this.

Update: Contacted them. Keep your fingers crossed and we might get 4 or 5 more US peeps out of this.
    Last edited by Ardesco de la Furia; Monday, 15th June 2009 at 20:08.
    STEAM - Bowregard
    EVE Online - BlazeRage
    Battle.net - Bowregard#1596
    LoL - Shards

Quote Originally Posted by Ardesco de la Furia View Post
    I'm in.

Might get in touch with some old Flightsim mates about this.

Update: Contacted them. Keep your fingers crossed and we might get 4 or 5 more US peeps out of this.
    Flight sim mates? Cool, we can have it being realistic with British guys on the ground and Americans in the planes bombing everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovis View Post
    Flight sim mates? Cool, we can have it being realistic with British guys on the ground and Americans in the planes bombing everybody.
    Realistic as in Amis bombing the shit out of Brit convoys?
    'Volw is correct.' - Ludicrouse

Where's Vasquez when you need a helo pilot?
    Optimists are poorly informed pessimists.

Would be quite good to get everybody at least a bit familiar with flying helicopters and stuff like that. I'd really love to do a six man, or hell maybe even more, mission that's literally just a balls to the wall squadron-sized gunship attack on a heavily defended position. Maybe scale it up, add a sniper/laser designator team on the ground (the game has guilly suits or whatever they are called), maybe even have some fixed wing aircraft in there.

shotgun sniper...

that is as in I call me being in the position of sniper, not a weapon that is a mix of a shotgun sniper rifle, as it just wouldnt work... would it?
    I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!

Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    shotgun sniper...

that is as in I call me being in the position of sniper, not a weapon that is a mix of a shotgun sniper rifle, as it just wouldnt work... would it?
    Not tempted by the doorgun of ultimate badguy hosing again?