Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of War 2 Expansion

Default Dawn of War 2 Expansion

I'm to lazy to dig up the link, but it's basically Chaos plus a new SP campaign that follows on from the end of the last (i.e. All stats and upgrades given out to your characters).

Quote Originally Posted by Flufball View Post
    I'm to lazy to dig up the link, but it's basically Chaos plus a new SP campaign that follows on from the end of the last (i.e. All stats and upgrades given out to your characters).
    Chaos Rising. Well it's not the worst faction they could have picked. Hugely disappointing if they just cough up another single player/co-op marine campaign though.

What other options are there? Please not the Dark Eldar (as big a mistake as GamesWorkshop have ever made). That only leaves the...uh...Tau, Imperial Guard and Necrons? I'd rather have Chaos then any of those.

Yeah suppose you're right about that. A lot of the other races are shit, especially the new ones. I actually like the Imperial Guard though, Ogryns would look mint in the new engine. Come to think of it most of the races added to DoW were crap.

Hope they add more units across the board though.

I can understand why they haven't made a campaign for anybody other than Marines, I mean they would have to go right back to the old style campaigns to accommodate orks or eldar, but it could have made for a nice change.

I was so disappointed with DoW 2 that I'm not even going to bother with the expansion...

RPS had a sweepstake a while back, some of the obscure ones I've never heard of.

Sort of reminds me how few races there actually are in WH40k. When you remove the ones that are basically just complete shit like the Tau and the Necrons you've not got much. I actually used to have a Squat army back in the day and it fucking owned. People talked up the big stupid overly-endowed-with-special-abilities races, but at the end of the day the Squats had something like one man in three sporting a heavy bolter and the Imperial Guard, who were my second army, could put more Lascannons into the field than you could shake a stick at. Peace through superior firepower.

Demiurg or whatever it is is basically Squats in Battlefleet Gotic (I lost track of all the GW spin off games after GorkaMorka but I think it's like Epic, a revisitation of some of the older games in the style of Titan Legions, in this case for Space) but part of the Tau.

The rest seem to be lifted from the new RPG thing they stuck out. The books quite intresting but that's about it.

It's all basically jumped the shark is what I'm thinking.

Anybody know if the big new upgrade went in though? They've been betaing a big overhaul in the game for ages.

Personally I think it's not far off being really good to be honest. Needs more work, more maps, stuff like that, but it's nearly there. Only thing I really miss is the ork bases.

Been playing the beta of the update and have to say that at least the AI is competitive in Skirmish now. Before it wasn't unthinkable to take on and beat an outnumbering force of AI, now it's much tougher.