Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tera

Default Tera

Out of curiosity anyone going to be killing time playing this release? Me, twist and a few star wars people I know will be but the koreans always make me think it will only be a short stint.
    back in black, or at least something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Felstar View Post
    Out of curiosity anyone going to be killing time playing this release? Me, twist and a few star wars people I know will be but the koreans always make me think it will only be a short stint.
    Beta was pretty underwhelming for me... felt like a grind from the word Go.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Tapja View Post
    Beta was pretty underwhelming for me... felt like a grind from the word Go.
    Same. I did like the combat, it felt more hack and slash, but the interface and world just seemed a bit overloaded with shit popping up everywhere. Maybe instances are quite good? Didn't get to the point of being able to try one.
    Kreznax - formerly known as Cathus

I only really look at the instance vids, it looks pretty snazzy. If it eats up the two weeks until d3 comes out I'm happy.

Dougal played the beta and quite liked it i think. I like the idea of having to aim spells so i'll give it a go.

A bit of an update. I've hit the head start cap of 38 with twist, woops and dougal and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. The dungeon work is actually a lot of fun, I'm loving the tanking. The large mobs and bosses look very cool.

There is also a lot less grind so far than I was expecting and by a lot less I mean none. We have even had to regularly skip zones or abandon quests because we got too high level for a zone.

The pvp is old school outdoor ganking/hunting. I even have a list going of pricks who have dicked us so we can retaliate. Won our first guild vs guild against one set of them yesterday.

I don't know how end game is going to pan out but at this rate I'll be keeping this one going for a while.

A bit of an update. I've hit the head start cap of 38 with twist, woops and dougal and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. The dungeon work is actually a lot of fun, I'm loving the tanking. The large mobs and bosses look very cool.

There is also a lot less grind so far than I was expecting and by a lot less I mean none. We have even had to regularly skip zones or abandon quests because we got too high level for a zone.

The pvp is old school outdoor ganking/hunting. I even have a list going of pricks who have dicked us so we can retaliate. Won our first guild vs guild against one set of them yesterday.

I don't know how end game is going to pan out but at this rate I'll be keeping this one going for a while.
    Thing that irked me the most about low level gameplay was the TTKs. Tried multiple reportedly high damage classes in OB (up to about level 11-12 to finish the starting area) and it just felt really really slow... Does it get better on higher levels or does it continue to feel like you are poking the mobs with a dull knife?
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Just bought it, should have it in a few hrs. How can I find you lot ingame?
    'Volw is correct.' - Ludicrouse

DestRox is offline Gordon Freeman Planetside Member
    SWTOR Guild Member

korean mmos are everything but short with huge amount of grind on top of it
    i remember playing RF Online... that game could go on forever and i would still be at same "not max" level

but anyway not gonna play Tera personally... if it would came out week or two before SWTOR 1.2 release i might

now that D3 is just 9 days away and GW pretty close as well
    dont think i will have time for another mmo

plus PS2 suppose to be out sooooooonish

Quote Originally Posted by Volw View Post
    Just bought it, should have it in a few hrs. How can I find you lot ingame?
    Server samael, drop me a poke on rhubarb. Either that or add me on skype (moretonb).

And Tap the mobs do die a bit faster but it is very gear dependent, leveling my tank toon as a duo with twist as my damage (a sorc) at about level 40 he can one shot with a crit on a big nuke or mobs take 2-3 hits from him while I dance the look at me dance.