Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: People still accuse of hacking for no reason :)

Default Re: People still accuse of hacking for no reason :)

Imagine they would add the PS2 graphics engine to PS1. I would probably subscribe again.

That's why we're slowly turning PS2 into 1. The Dev's are giving in once they realise that Planetside 1 plain and simply worked!

People played a FPS for 8 years - that says alot to me - like if its so right - dont try and make it wronger

Butuz
    Butuz - BR16/CR0: Infiltrator Combat Engineer
    Beth - BR23/CR1: Advanced Heavy Support

Absolutely! If PS2 can somehow morph into PS1 reloaded I'll be a happy man, at the mo I am not a happy man because I really don't enjoy PS2 one bit.
    PS1 gave me the opportunity to either go one on one against the enemy, or be a bastard - the kind of bastard that mines an inconspicuous piece of road, or hides boomers in the bottom of the light-show part of enemy equipment terminals, it let me stand round a corner in 3rd person and piss off the barney elmos. It let me get in an AA max when I had just started a new character and sit on an enemy tower killing injured reavers.
    It didn't make me run half way across a continent to get killed from someone in HA who I didn't see until I was already dead only to be left with either a half hour respawn or a 'return to go'(warpgate) community chest card only to realise I don't have enough auraxium to buy a pea shooter. It didn't make me run out of bullets only to realise that although I was in a friendly base I had to run for 5 minutes OUTSIDE to get to the nearest equipment terminal.
    My hat is off to you guys who have plugged away at it long enough to reap the rewrds of your commitment, unfortunately I just cba with it

You're right though. Unless you are doing something organized with at least a full squad, the gameplay sucks. And it won't even let you ragequit by pressing Alt F4 when things go bad.

I am of mixed opinion.

Definitely the most fun I have had was defending facilities like Red Ridge Tower or the Paliside with a decent sized squad where it feels you can make a difference in the battle.

I think some people are a bit confused about the location of spawns and the instant action system though. I generally find there is very little downtime in this game and it very quick getting back into the fight. If you play in a squad most people will have spawn beacons and you can instantly spawn wherever your team is. The redeploy function is also very useful although it is somewhat limited currently since they reduced your number of spawn points but it still works to get across the map. Also you can always spawn a flash or reaver to quickly get into battle. A lot of this isn't intuitive though.

PlanetSide 1: James24 40/5

Quote Originally Posted by Joeskibobs View Post
    Absolutely! If PS2 can somehow morph into PS1 reloaded I'll be a happy man, at the mo I am not a happy man because I really don't enjoy PS2 one bit.
    PS1 gave me the opportunity to either go one on one against the enemy, or be a bastard - the kind of bastard that mines an inconspicuous piece of road, or hides boomers in the bottom of the light-show part of enemy equipment terminals, it let me stand round a corner in 3rd person and piss off the barney elmos. It let me get in an AA max when I had just started a new character and sit on an enemy tower killing injured reavers.
    It didn't make me run half way across a continent to get killed from someone in HA who I didn't see until I was already dead only to be left with either a half hour respawn or a 'return to go'(warpgate) community chest card only to realise I don't have enough auraxium to buy a pea shooter. It didn't make me run out of bullets only to realise that although I was in a friendly base I had to run for 5 minutes OUTSIDE to get to the nearest equipment terminal.
    My hat is off to you guys who have plugged away at it long enough to reap the rewrds of your commitment, unfortunately I just cba with it
    The penny has dropped! I played for about 4 hours tonight and loved every minute of it! This is a fabulous game, really really enjoyable. I'm not sure why or how it happened but I went from being a hater to a lover of PS2 in one night of play. I'm seriously hard for this game now
    I didn't squad up as I felt I didn't know the game well enough to play alongside you guys, so just solo'd as an engineer for the first couple of hours, swapping between using an AA turret and repairing stuff for XP.
    After the first couple of Galaxy/Lib kills I knew I was going to enjoy this game tonight. I went from BR2 to BR5 in about an hour and a half.
    Then it went quiet around the base I was in so I went HA, certed the forward grip (only because I heard Tremall Isaac mention it in the last PS2 Command centre video). The next couple of hours were pretty orgasmic too, K/D ratio of 4.7 and a big smile on this old face saw me change my view of PS2.
    I'm not sure if it was the latest patch that did it, or the fact that I've now plugged away at the game long enough, but I sort of slipped out of my noob skin and began making myself a new, more experienced skin from the corpses of the many Barneys and Elmos I slew...
    I still messed up and got instagibbed when I wasn't paying attention, but I now know why I get instagibbed (mostly) and instead of thinking 'WTF this game is sheeeyat', I now think 'yep, I knew I should have checked round that corner' etc.
    DrQuinn, if you read this I highly advise you find a base with plenty of turrets (I don't know the base names yet) and play engineer for a bit to get you into it, Stay in the turrets until you are needed elsewhere, with a bit of practice you will love it I'm sure!