10 41.67%
  • Both

3 12.50%
  • Undecided

1 4.17%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The PvE/PvP debate

Default Re: Why I am glad I chose PvE

Perhaps so, then again, maybe it is needed to finally get some ppl to realise they are ruining it for the majoriy. First the splitting up of RL and now the downfall of RL PVP all because of failed democracy. The minority in a vote dont get their way so they ruin it for the majority. This attitude has been consistent in WoW so far and if it goes on there will only be RL PVE left.

Furthermore, why do you post this screenshot if its not to attract a 'troll/flamish' comment? the screenshot is low resolution, doesnt show anything special, no action, and there is a special screenshot thread even if you felt like showing it..

hmm, I don't play Wow, nor I intend to.

However, I still cannot understand why ppl play PvE. I mean, why do I need an online game to kill AI (monsters etc.)
    Not considering we are coming from pure PvP FPS...

Because there is a great challenge and it is fun.

First the splitting up of RL and now the downfall of RL PVP all because of failed democracy. The minority in a vote dont get their way so they ruin it for the majority
    Weve been through all this before, however I can not see why having 2 diff servers with RL on should be a problem and as I pay my subscrition fees I choose where I play, unless of course you are offering to pay my subs Forak.
    See you on friday on the PvE server guys (assuming Amazon get their finger out)

doesnt the same happen on the pve server, dengar ?
    or are npcs protected too newadays ?

raids on enemy towns are pretty cummon on the pve and pvp server.

Hi !
    Im new here...so dont know much about how you where playing here in the "old" days...Planet Side and so on

But about the the argue about PvP vs. PvE !
    Cannot see what people see in PvP!!! there is no benefit/risk(thinking of HC-Like in Diablo2) And I sure do not wanna be a guy trapped with my corpse,because someone think its funny to kill me again,again and again
    I like to travel and do Q at my own pace...

But i like to say...that if Blizzard makes it more Thrilling to play PvP i might reconsider where to play but for now im going straight PvE...Alliance
    Dwarf Paladin : mining/skinning-engineering
    (but im thinking "sadly",not for long...cause i LOVE playing Horde"my soft spot",And have a few friends who are playing Horde/Undead and as i said somewhere else in here...I love Trolls talk GANJA )

Cya All ingame friday,if the Postmand are on time

Good god, I havent whined and complained that much since the Farmer schisim ended, This has to stop. Now. You cannot do anything about PvE players, or vice versa. Live and let live.

Edit: Bloody Hell? That was far to flamable for my own liking, so I'll just sum up what I said:

Everyone who has gone to PvE has as much a right to have a guild there as those who do on PvP. This is not your personal dictatorship, its quite simple, people play for fun, not to be ordered about by someone who wants to rule the world. (As good a dream as that is). Quite simple realy, let them go its their choice, you may not be happy with it, but they are legion, and nothing, nothing you say can stop them from having the right to do that.
    Last edited by Flufball; Monday, 7th February 2005 at 20:40.

Let me just quote shy

what people do in the end of a poll is up to them as our history shows.
    the only reason we still do polls is to see what the majority wants.
    nobody here can force ppl to do smth they dont like but the majority has the right to wear our name.
    I could quote your post piece by piece but it made so little sense to me ill just blame poor understanding of the English language.

Yea, I've edited it, it was an incomprihensable flamefest. And the original WoW poll determined that we where to split up between servers, but then some idiot started it all up again. As for that, yes the majorty do have the right, but so to do the minority. We are one and all Legion. Besides a differant guild on a differant server on a differant game style is hardly unfair, we have a CS:S clan, why not a seperate guild on PvE for those who want to go to PvE.

Just because you don't want to play PvE does not mean someone else can't play it. Every single member of the legion has the right for the tag. The only time I would ever consider arguments over servers valid is when its over Identical servers that where in differant parts of the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Flufball
    Good god, I havent whined and complained that much since the Farmer schisim ended, This has to stop. Now. You cannot do anything about PvE players, or vice versa. Live and let live.

Edit: Bloody Hell? That was far to flamable for my own liking, so I'll just sum up what I said:

Everyone who has gone to PvE has as much a right to have a guild there as those who do on PvP. This is not your personal dictatorship, its quite simple, people play for fun, not to be ordered about by someone who wants to rule the world. (As good a dream as that is). Quite simple realy, let them go its their choice, you may not be happy with it, but they are legion, and nothing, nothing you say can stop them from having the right to do that.

So.. yeah, after reading that twice I come to the conclusion that you blame me for denying the PVE guys the right to have a guild. As much as I would enjoy having such power I have to admit that is absolutely redicilous. If you were to bother reading other posts on this and on the old forums you might actually understand what we are talking about. And that is the several polls and the subsequent failure to follow them up. Fine with me. Couldn't care less. But it does not solve the fact the legion is splitting up. And i find that a shame. According to you you could have 60 very small RL's with each having 1 member, they all have the right. Would that really be renegade legion? No.. its a stupid example but apparently needed.

Anyway, quote me saying that the PVE guys do not deserve their guild or the RL name and we'll talk further.. otherwise its good you edited your post so quickly