Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Headsets for PC

Default Re: Gaming Headsets for PC

the logitech ones (G930 I think) allow you to charge whilst they're in use... might also be worth a look.

I have no experience with either though

I've got a Sony bluetooth headset, sound quality is amazingly good as is the mike, the set I've got aren't made any more, but have you considered bluetooth headsets?

My set hold a charge long enough to play almost all day, but have to be charged by usb, which can be difficult for some people when their comps are off.

Quote Originally Posted by WiGgLr View Post
    the logitech ones (G930 I think) allow you to charge whilst they're in use... might also be worth a look.

I have no experience with either though
    Just had the G930's recommended to me by other people as well so I went out and bought a pair... So far so good; there's a little distortion when you turn them to full volume, but then it's far too loud to listen to anyway!

Do they deal with two inputs well, ie team speak over game sound? I run a set of 2.1speakers for game sound and a one ear headset through a dif sound card just for ts.

Just bought a Sennheiser PC 360 g4me. Looking forward to trying it out, but it's out of stock till after new years.

Quote Originally Posted by Endangerment View Post
    Do they deal with two inputs well, ie team speak over game sound? I run a set of 2.1speakers for game sound and a one ear headset through a dif sound card just for ts.
    It's a USB device, so has it's own built-in soundcard; I have all channels going straight to the headset and it works fine. Mumble has a setting to turn the volume down on other applications when someone's talking, and I'm not having any issues with it at all.

In terms of the headset itself, great piece of kit! Having the option of wireless is fantastic, the quality is amazing, very good surround sound, the mic is great, and having volume controls on the ear is cool. The software that comes with it is a little disappointing; they could've added more in the way of background noise cancellation (i.e. breathing when on voice-activated), but that's probably a complaint against all VOIP clients too. Also the lack of a case means you can't really take it anywhere, but hey.

With regards to the software point, try forgetting about the DVD that came with the headphones and downloading direct from logitech's site instead.

Logitech have a history of supplying crap software with their stuff, but then improving what is available from downloads, even with brand new gear

So as the ppl living above me complained about the noise last night (too much bass) I've purchsed a set of these

http://www.plantronics.com/uk/product/gamecom-780

Look pretty good, shall send a review once they arrive!

Those are what i have at the moment. Very good, the twisting cans are also a nice feature if you get tired or get a phone call.

How much did you pay? They were £50 from amazon. There were cheaper places but all seemed to be out of stock.