Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Wildstar Online - competitive 20 + 40 man raiding, player housing - Carbine Studios

Default Re: Wildstar Online - competitive 20 + 40 man raiding, player housing - Carbine Studi

You can certainly devise some good encounters for a range tank (no doubt) but that tank would need to consider itself a dps first and occasional tank.....if you went in to wildstar looking to be a tank would you roll the engineer is the question?? The details look rather sketchy but it looks to me like it uses its bots to tank with....will reserve judgement but i suspect tanking in Wildstar is more about avoiding telegraphs than taking hits and positioning boss....

Default Re: Wildstar Online - competitive 20 + 40 man raiding, player housing - Carbine Studi

ye they made such a big thing about dodging i think boss movement is gonna more important then boss stationary positioning

Quote Originally Posted by Mealar View Post
    ye they made such a big thing about dodging i think boss movement is gonna more important then boss stationary positioning
    oh fuck yes please

Quote Originally Posted by Hean View Post
    oh fuck yes please
    +1!

I agree it'll be interesting to see how the engineer will tank. And speaking of that there is a live stream tomorrow showing the engineer RIGHT HERE!! Sooo perhaps this will get answered. They also answer alot of questions from ppl during the 2h stream.

Oh and btw, the NDA has been dropped for the first 15 levels in closed beta. There's so much more info out now, tons of articles and write-ups (11x) here on mmorpg.com
    Last edited by Chron; Friday, 13th December 2013 at 20:57.

ooooo interesting, maybe all my calls of "Tbc was better!!" may yet be relevant

Heyo!

The Design Producer, Stephan Frost made an "Ask Me Anyting", here on mmorpg.com, and there is also a nice summary of that + the latest big patch to hit the beta servers OVER HERE, but tbh, not much new info if you're following the game anyways, but fun read nonetheless.

Yet another post from me and yet another article to read about Wildstar!

Seems like the game is getting ready for release with the latest beta patch!

Is anyone here in the Beta got an invite few days ago so planning on having a go over the weekend?

Had an invite to the stress test that was live this weekend, but sadly is over already.

The game felt really good, especially the combat which takes allot more movement and aiming then WOW. The environments looked really detailed, and the quests are quite refreshing when looking to WoW.
    Didn't get a change to do dungeons unfortunately, but all in all this game really has big potential.