Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Wildstar Online - competitive 20 + 40 man raiding, player housing - Carbine Studios

Default Re: Wildstar Online - competitive 20 + 40 man raiding, player housing - Carbine Studi

Weekend event beta-key give away: http://godankey.com/panel/external/VURaUU1BRXg

gogo!

Default Re: Wildstar Online - competitive 20 + 40 man raiding, player housing - Carbine Studi

Quote Originally Posted by MiMaRz View Post
    Weekend event beta-key give away: http://godankey.com/panel/external/VURaUU1BRXg

gogo!
    Damn too late to snag a key

Any other websites that give away keys?

Think that was the only site - as other sites linked to that perticular one.

The game does indeed have alot of potential. Feels like next-gen WoW Been playing for a few weeks now and it already feels very well polished now with the recent patch which opened up the whole game, but, still alot of work left on skill etc.

The end game is what will cause this one to sink or swim the levelling is your average wow style grind 50 of this creature, the scientist path seems like a cretinous waste of time going round with a bot scanning creatures while you try and kill them...I am looking forward to seeing the raid bosses I have heard good things on these.

Indeed, I'm hoping for something fresh to come along.
    I don't mind them having split up the leveling process into careers, I think that might actually make it less monotonous for alts, so the idea itself is sound even if the application isn't fun for science

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Indeed, I'm hoping for something fresh to come along.
    I don't mind them having split up the leveling process into careers, I think that might actually make it less monotonous for alts, so the idea itself is sound even if the application isn't fun for science
    I've tried the soldier career which is actually quite allot of fun. All kinds of assassination missions and that sort of stuff. Wasn't able to test any dungeons, so not sure how they look and feel.
    There is still tons of work to do on this game, for instance the talents,path- and normal spells are not always very clear. Same goes for crafting, where you can add variants (ingredients) to your regular craft.
    Was did feel solid was the rotation, aiming and dodging. Really felt good if an enemy moves, and you are still able to predict where to aim.

The soldier path is completely repetitive put down your beacon and fight waves of enemies.....however at least it fits in seamlessly with you general questing, unlike scientist which forces you to wander all over the map with a noobish scanbot that stands in every telegraph going so needs to be ressed every 2 minutes......(in fact I fully expect to see a raid application from it on our forums it stands in fire so much). I like the % kill bar rather than kill 30 of x mob since it means you can get credit for helping other people fighting a mob.....

I must say i do like the general chaos associated with new game launches the way people stumble around cluelessly spamming the chat etc

Quote Originally Posted by Prey View Post
    The soldier path is completely repetitive put down your beacon and fight waves of enemies.....however at least it fits in seamlessly with you general questing, unlike scientist which forces you to wander all over the map with a noobish scanbot that stands in every telegraph going so needs to be ressed every 2 minutes......(in fact I fully expect to see a raid application from it on our forums it stands in fire so much). I like the % kill bar rather than kill 30 of x mob since it means you can get credit for helping other people fighting a mob.....

I must say i do like the general chaos associated with new game launches the way people stumble around cluelessly spamming the chat etc
    Sometimes it's a beacon, sometimes an assassination or a rescue mission. What i like about it is that you don't always expect it to happen. For instance i picked up a quest to kill X mobs, when i entered the area suddenly an assassination mission popped up through my communicator with a little background story why the guy must die It feels quite dynamic, and really adds to the gameplay in my opinion.
    Just seeing this stuff is telling me they actually put some thought and time in it, they try to add value instead of choosing for the safe way.

Long shot: but does anyone have a spare key for this weekend?

Really interested in this. The yogcast of the dungeon content definitely perked it up. Love the combat style.

Should have my evenings back again by release too, snowed under with overtime at the minute...

Anyone have any classes they are particularly interested in or know how paths will affect end game?

Personally I'd play almost anything, don't even have a preference of healing/dps/tank haha :P
    Last edited by Felstar; Friday, 7th March 2014 at 16:09. Reason: spelling