Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wildstar realm?

Default Re: Wildstar realm?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurgrim View Post
    This is why I have no interest in getting stuck into MMORPGs from day one anymore.
    Starts with huge queues and ends with empty servers within 9 months.

I doubt this will be empty in 9 months, the game is really looking good so far. Think it makes a real shot becoming the nr#1 MMO.

Good thing we didn't hear that one about every other MMO that came out since 2006 at some point. So colour me a sceptic.

Good thing we didn't hear that one about every other MMO that came out since 2006 at some point. So colour me a sceptic.
    True, but I didnt say that about any others then WOW It also depends on how they going to move forward with patching and content. The basis is good and refreshing, now we have to see about end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxton View Post
    True, but I didnt say that about any others then WOW It also depends on how they going to move forward with patching and content. The basis is good and refreshing, now we have to see about end game.
    What will make it go tips up within 9 months is the fact that it's an MMO and ppl figure out that once they peeled of the varnish of a new engine they end up with a lesser well developed version of WOW. Maybe a sandbox approach like archthingymashizzle will make it, but not Wildstar. Color me same color as Maur.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokvis View Post
    What will make it go tips up within 9 months is the fact that it's an MMO and ppl figure out that once they peeled of the varnish of a new engine they end up with a lesser well developed version of WOW. Maybe a sandbox approach like archthingymashizzle will make it, but not Wildstar. Color me same color as Maur.
    Depends on how you look at it "with lesser well developed version of WOW", i would say WOW had it's best time a long ago, and every expansion is same shit, different box.
    Rather go for something that is less polished but has allot more potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxton View Post
    Depends on how you look at it "with lesser well developed version of WOW", i would say WOW had it's best time a long ago, and every expansion is same shit, different box.
    Rather go for something that is less polished but has allot more potential.
    Tax, what potential does Wildstar have wich makes it any different then Rift, SWTOR, Aion or any other MMO that has been launched recently? I have to admit that I haven't played this title and am not compelled to.... however all previous launches make me a sceptic.

I did play it and it just felt like "same old, same old" to me. Not saying that is necessarily a bad thing, but Wildstar has a lot less polish then WoW at the end of the day. It didn't help that the whole universe didn't draw me in in the slightest.

I did play it and it just felt like "same old, same old" to me. Not saying that is necessarily a bad thing, but Wildstar has a lot less polish then WoW at the end of the day. It didn't help that the whole universe didn't draw me in in the slightest.
    Wildstar plays more like an action game.
    Basically everything being a skillshot is... different.

Innovation isn't exactly necessary, only community is.
    If Rift had taken off, I'd have stayed with that, same with SWTOR and if *dougal* had kept playing Aion I'd have kept going :P
    We just need boots on the ground.
    The game simply does not matter as long as we can provide ad atmosphere to get some gaming on.

Fact is, I'd been considering trying to push a free to play on the wow players rather than stick out the summer bored as fuck on the same old WoW content waiting for WoD to drop.
    We're still not clear on SoO, but we simply do not have the numbers and people make excuses not to play.
    Fresh content, no matter what it is. New game, new patch, old game.
    The problem we have is nobody really steps up to organise and instead relies on clicks, "playing with friends" etc, and as much as we all love that, it doesn't give it sustainability.

I'll give this 2 months, like I did SWTOR, we'll see what we can build.
    And if we build it, they will come :P

See and that's the problem. I can't stand the lot of you.