Thread: Any keyboard recommendations?

Default Any keyboard recommendations?

So... a tea spillage after the old man had me up and down a billion and a half times for no good reason resulted in the untimely (okay, very timely) death of my trusty 15+ year old keyboard (it literally came with the first crappy PC my parents bought me and is so used that WASD is worn away :3)
    My backup keyboard was recently given away after sitting in a box for nearly 6 years so I am officially fucked (I'm attempting to clean/dry it overnight, but my hopes are not high and its time to buy a new one regardless)

Anecdote repeated; any recommendations?
    I don't mind pushing the boat out a bit, with an eye on the logitech g710 or corsair K95. (so upper limit on spending maybe 100~)
    I'd prefer something not QUITE as noisy as a mechanical keyboard can be, but the feel of the keys is more important (hate the laptop's "soft" keys)
    Cheaper is better, as always

(that's why I was ignorant today, literally couldn't reply if I wanted to. Thank goodness for BNet auto login or I wouldn't even have been able to sort my garrison)
    ** World of Warcraft **
    Lyoth - Slacking Ranger

Default Re: Any keyboard recommendations?

If the noise factor is a problem you could always get a mechanical keyboard and put o-rings on the keycaps which will dampen the sound.

Also the profile and material of the keycap has some bearing on the sound, with the softer ABS plastic having a sound signature that is in the lower register compared to PBT keycaps which are harder and more brittle and therefore have a higher frequency sound.

The specific mechanical switch you use will also contribute to noise, with a non-clicky tactile switch such as Cherry MX Brown or Cherry MX Clear being a good compromise between feel and noise.

Of course there are also spring-loaded capacitative switches such as those manufactured by Topre to take into account, however I am not that well versed in the usage of those. They are however potentially quieter than Cherry MX switches.

Personally I use an all original 1991 IBM Model M buckling spring keyboard at home and a Ducky G2PRO Tenkeyless with Cherry MX Browns and DSA profile PBT caps at work.
    (I am very into mechanical and buckling spring keyboards if that was not already obvious!)

As much as people seem to hate Razer, I love the products. I've had 2 fruit cider incidents with my Deathstalker and it still works like a dream! Their new orange/green keys are worth looking into as well!
    Inspire - 90 Ret Paladin
    Enthuse - 90 BM Hunter
    WoW Drone, Dota2 Nut

I use the G510 myself, it's curious why the G710 has less programmable keys. The G510 has 3 columns of extra keys (dead easy to program) and a small LCD screen which can be used for all sorts - I use it for Teamspk or News Headlines I guess it's personal choice in the end and you usually cant go wrong with Logitech (famous last words) Good luck, hope to seeya raiding for tonite.

Quote Originally Posted by katnoip View Post
    I use the G510 myself, it's curious why the G710 has less programmable keys. The G510 has 3 columns of extra keys (dead easy to program) and a small LCD screen which can be used for all sorts - I use it for Teamspk or News Headlines I guess it's personal choice in the end and you usually cant go wrong with Logitech (famous last words) Good luck, hope to seeya raiding for tonite.
    Have a spare keyboard incoming (though it's been in "storage" so fingers crossed on it actually working)
    I'll wait out January sales to see if I can get a decent gaming one on discount.
    ** World of Warcraft **
    Lyoth - Slacking Ranger

I love mechanical keyboards, more so brown switches. As Maya I'm using a tenkeyless (no numpad) Ducky keyboard with brown switches.
    Haven't ever used macro-keys
    Chronodia
    Chronodus
    Promathia
    Ozbaab
    Licker

Quote Originally Posted by Chron View Post
    I love mechanical keyboards, more so brown switches. As Maya I'm using a tenkeyless (no numpad) Ducky keyboard with brown switches.
    Haven't ever used macro-keys
    Aye, I don't see what I'd use macro keys for, but I assume I'd find something
    ** World of Warcraft **
    Lyoth - Slacking Ranger

Using the corsair k60 myself, mechanical keyboard and works like a gem
    http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengean...aming-keyboard

This is its follow-up
    http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/k70

Not sure about the prices tho, but should be around 80-ish pounds?

Atm, I think i need an eye/hand/brain replacement to go along with the keyboard.
    Last night especially I was struggling to play at all, let alone well (stupid real life ><)
    I think the almost full week off will help.... I hope it will.
    ** World of Warcraft **
    Lyoth - Slacking Ranger

I use the logitec G105, its a cheaper kind of gaming keyboard. Mechanical ofc but not noisy it also has some keybind keys but I rarely use em myself
    The price is 60euro's so im guessing around 50-55 ?
    http://gaming.logitech.com/nl-be/pro...aming-keyboard