Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nighthold Combat Logs

Default Re: Nighthold Combat Logs

Gotta admit that without the Weak Aura shouting at me on 10s~ it was FAR too easy to lose track of the long timebomb timer (2min is a LONG time)
    Once I had something calling me an idiot, I did fine.

Nice to point out MY timebomb and not your own Takoda. Seem to remember a resto druid blowing up a great deal nearer to the raid than I was (incidentally though it may be, I lagged behind spot healing and was at the "edge" of the raid team :P)

Yeah yours did pretty normal damage, as did mine. If you look at the death logs you'll see it was mainly the two healer debuffs, our bombs where just the straw that broke the camels back Plus mine still had 2 seconds left on it when I died

It really favors Ranged/Healers (Time Bomb), but some people CAN run way further away with their bomb.
    DPS does NOT matter if it means killing the whole raid ..

Blue orbs, that's just people sucking ^^

I looked at the 2% wipe, tbh it's one of the attempts I had recorded so was able to see what happened and compare to the logs.

Essentially Mealer picked up the time release debuff which exploded @ 4m36s into the fight sharing 23million damage to everyone. Mealer managed to get to the Waning Time Particle incredibly quickly and every healer was sprinting across but unfortunately no healer managed to get a heal off on mealer that I could find in the logs. I was still in ghost wolf to try and make the distance. Ramphage was the closest FWIW. Nobody died in the explosion but I think this caused panic healing to try and recover everyones health altho apparently missing the time release debuffs on both fallen and deadlock which exploded together at 4min 51sec Both Takoda and Doc had the time bombs too which didnt help.

Sounds about right Kat.
    A recurring problem of people thinking that outranging healers is TOTALLY fine in all circumstances.
    LOOK AT YOUR DAMN DEBUFFS PEOPLE. Getting to the particle 2-3 second later ISN'T a problem... (most of the time the tanks are sitting with their thumb up their bum waiting to interrupt anyways. The only time it's a rush is during "fast" and we're all stacked anyways.

Kat what were you using to analyse the fight, just that I couldn't get Warcraft logs to show who had the healing debuff (googled it and found others with same issue) were you using something different?

I'll make a simple weak aura so that people get something on their screen so they know if they have the healer debuff. A big message saying don't run away should do it That and the time bomb WA should be mandatory I think

Gonna tweak the way we heal the debuff slightly. We'll split the four of us into the four groups and then people will primarily be responsible for healing the debuff in their own group starting at the top of the Unit frame. If you finish yours or had none to begin with then help the other groups starting at the bottom of each group. This should hopefully stop us wasting healing at this critical time.

Don't forget to talent for instant heals too if that's possible

Hey Takoda,

I was using my recording of the fight to see the vuhdo timer tick to zero alongside the WarcraftLogs combat replay to identify exactly what happened.

It's a difficult one because it's critical during fast time to get there quickly to interrupt the Waning Time Particle as the casts are even quicker but I guess on this occasion if the healer debuff is on you maybe a weakaura could be a reminder. We did have a healer within distance but yeh we are all more vulnerable to wipes in high movement situations. TBH I'm not sure about separate groups, we all have different healing abilities and we will need to prioritise the debuffs regardless, I think group priorities may add an unnecessary layer of complexity.

Talenting for Shaman Instantahealz - Roger that one!!! (the dream is alive - you hear that Blizz) I have R-R-R-RIPptide (when off cd) which is an instant burst followed by a HOT. Other than that stop and cast

Haha, it's like a completely different person wrote the last line XD Kat's alter ego?

What do you tend to run for your tier one talent? Unleash life could be nice for the extra instant heal, still a shorter CD than swiftmend With that and Riptide you've got some nice snipe healing with over 3 casts every 15 seconds. Also Echo of the elements for the extra Riptide charge, I reckon you could solo the debuffs

The problem is though if we all heal the same person then it's gonna cause issues and we'll be wasting what little instant heals we have. If me Ramp and you all waste our Swiftmends and Riptides on the same target that seems daft. I naturally prio my own group as I know I'll be screwed when it comes to us running off together if we have too much up, don't think it really adds any real complexity, just means you do your own group first if you have the choice. Obviously we will still all do everyone but will stop people wasting those initial quick heals.

So did you just have a screen cap going?

Looking at another guild's logs who managed to kill the boss it would seem our time bombs are actually pretty decent on average

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ulty=5&wipes=1

They have a much higher average hit for the bombs on both their wipes and the kill so would seem around 625k - 650k average hit is pretty solid (unless they really suck and have insane healers)

Where they did greatly improve on us is there healing of the debuff as the average hits from time release were roughly half of that on our raid on average across their wipes

Their Log
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=206608
    Our log
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=206608

So if people don't run away from us and we heal a little more I reckon we've definitely got this

I'm personally running 3112233 and with exception of my tier 2 talent these are the top talents used by Shaman for this fight according to warcraftlogs here https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ec=Restoration . Ive experimented with other talents a few times to get to this build for this encounter but I'm pretty sure this gives the best throuhput for snipe healz and some burst for panic. I generally have 2 people with the debuff within range and Riptide both initially if off cd and then cast surges until debuff removed. I think we're so close I'm loathe to change anything but will obviously go with whatever is decided.

I had a video capture going on that encounter, turned out quite useful and would've been gold if CapnJack pulled it off.