Thread: Where to go after Trilliax?

Default Where to go after Trilliax?

Looking at vids and such, I think Tichondrious or Bontanist could be our next bet?

Further more (good summary from mmo-champ):
    With strong output:

Krosus>Tich>Botanist>Spellblade.

With bad output:
    Botanist>Spellblade>Tich>Krosus.

Noteable mentions:

Spellblade:
    Paladin tanks can simplify spellblade, as the fel lashes can be solo soaked with Spellwarding and Bubble to simplify Arcane phase positioning.
    It's a soft enrage, so kill off the last set of arcane adds - we made the mistake not to when we could have had a kill, and it was a sour feeling. You can easily enrage-kite for another ~30 seconds after the berserk to extend the enrage timer (making the encounter easily 5-healable).

Tichondrius:

Monk tanks with a statue are great for Tichondrius' bat phase, as it centers all the bats for easy stacked AOE.
    Ret paladins absolutely break Tichondrius' bat phase, and a competent ret (or god forbid, TWO) will be able to carry you on what is the argueably hardest part of Tichondrius (killing enough bats that everyone can comfortably get a debuff - in reality, this means you want to kill 25-30+ bats, not just 20, as you likely will struggle organising everyone picking up a specific orb without setting off the Brands. This is the downside to the "don't trigger any brands"-strategy, making bat phases more difficulty to do, while significantly stripping away positional and healing requirements in the up phases). Our ret on our most recent kill did 95M damage to the bats each phase - more than double that of #2.

Krosus:
    Your ranged never go far enough back to soak the adds. Trust me on this one. They just don't. The further in front you can push whatever adds that spawns, the easier they are to handle - melee can switch easier, all the ranged have a good overview of them, you get the idea.
    You'll be tempted to cooldown "quick" combo's like orbs into slams. Don't. Only on the very last platform do you want to CD orbs->slam, when they come literally 3-4 seconds after each other. On the previous platforms, 8-10 seconds delay between should be more than enough to heal the raid normally. You want to use raid cds versus the pitch; a single add getting a 900K firebolt cast through as a slam is going out can mean a KO. Be especially wary of the second pitch that happens right after and right before a meteor - there's a LOT of movement going on here (first to get out to soak, then get back in the raid), and adds tend to get forgotten if they spawn in the back. Use personals for it.

Botanist:
    Encounters' easy. I'd personally recommend keeping the first two nights in P3 alive, because there's genuinely nothing going on for the first ~40 seconds of P3 if you entered "clean" apart from those two nights. After that you can afford to just suicide every single night you get from there on out, as it shouldn't be more than 3 total. Assuming you have a resto shaman with a ress totem and a single combat ress available, saving the first two nights means you don't really lose any raiders untill the very end of P3 (ress one with totem, one with Bress). I see a lot of guilds suiciding the first night and it just seems like a total waste.

Default Re: Where to go after Trilliax?

Tich: well we do have FOUR stinky ret palas!
    Botanist: I've seen Mythic progress streams on that one, it seems .. Easy, but it isn't :P

The others, I haven't looked it up.
    Think we can really go either way, which ever people feel most confident about?

Krosus is the most killed, but considering how many stall on it, I think that may be a common mistake.
    That said, our dps is not bad and I think we CAN do well on pitch, we just need to iterate that it is the ONE thing on the fight that will outright kill us at any point in the fight.
    I'm not particularly confident on any fight, considering our heroic performances BUT the caveat of that is beinging more than 20, which inevitably leads to raid imbalance & boosting.

Wed/Sun Mythic, with Thurs for Heroic as we'll be lacking healer depth?
    We'll *likely* still need runes on Chronomatic tbh, and it'll be my first outing as a tank on it.

For Krosus we'd need over 600k damage on average from each dps if we took 3 healers. Can see how close we are when we do heroic.

General consensus seems to be to be that Botanist is the easier fight for lower output groups, followed by Spelblade. anyone know typical compositions for these 2?

Botanist seeing mainly 4 healers although saw one kill with 5.
    Spellblade mainly 5 healers although one with 4
    Tichondrius 4 healers for most
    Last edited by Takoda; Tuesday, 21st February 2017 at 16:08.