Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future of the forums

Default Future of the forums

Hey all

Seems most have moved on to Discord or social media. Do the forums still serve a useful purpose? I must confess I come here much less frequently these days...

Default Re: Future of the forums

I check in here daily as a habit! Must confess its a bit like going to a morgue for a party, enough bodies, little action.

I've wondered for a while if you'd just turn the lights off and shut the door, imo opinion a shame, but what's the point in you paying for something that's not used enough, or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Echor View Post
    I check in here daily as a habit! Must confess its a bit like going to a morgue for a party, enough bodies, little action.

I've wondered for a while if you'd just turn the lights off and shut the door, imo opinion a shame, but what's the point in you paying for something that's not used enough, or is it?
    I check in daily to. But imo we can switch to discord, maybe keep this archived?

Hosting the site isn't an issue, but the forum software does have security issues from time to time and at some point they will stop releasing updates.

There was a vulnerability in an earlier version that lead to a number of high profile breaches (vbulletin.com, Epic Games forum).

Quote Originally Posted by Echor View Post

Have you tried Discord? Its more active... Deathwatch just joined us...

I still check in daily (it's my homepage)..... and I'll have a look at Discord (Oh Discordia for the Dark Tower lovers). I'd love to see the forums being still up just for sentiments sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludicrouse View Post
    This is a massive clusterfuck of epic proportions, over a few bloody Polygons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Have you tried Discord? Its more active... Deathwatch just joined us...
    I'll have to have a proper look at that some time, funny really as its what my children use!

It feels like the forums are only used for organising the party these days. Most communication either happens ingame or on voice. Keep the forums as an archive. Dont we have the old old rl forums from planetside archived somewhere aswell?
    Mims - Madcon - Barkcon - Konried - Bellcross
    Battletag: mims#2207

I still browse the forums, although not frequently. You don't play any games that I do these days, though I'm still hoping that'll change.
    I blame Moose!

Think we lost the old forums, not sure. But would like the forums to stay, its all a matter of getting ppl to use them rather than all the other stuffs
    No More Hungarian Goat Pr0n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast