Thread: Improving forums, Discord, TS

Default Improving forums, Discord, TS

A little while ago we had a discussion about the community feeling split between here, TS and social media (Facebook/Discord). If you have any suggestions about what we can do to bring us back together I'd be interested for your thoughts.
    aka Jools and (a long time ago) nKoDengar

Find me on... Battle.net - Fusion#1273, PSN, Steam, Xbox

Default Re: Improving forums, Discord, TS

And you forgot the battle.net group thing. If I look at classic release it might be wise to settle on one place to make a decision, for instance on what realm to settle . I felt it was split among several things now and that made it a bit of a hassle imo. I'd prefer discord over facebook and forums over TS :P. For voice I don't really care about TS or Discord as I'm not able to use my mic a lot :P

All my guilds replaced TS and Forums with Discord over two years ago. It's a one-stop shop, it has unrivaled group messaging abilities, can be fully used on mobile and is really flexible for small private groups and large guild events. I know most of us are a thousand years old but TS and Facebook in 2019?

If people do want to cling to older, more familiar, communication channels then at least then go to Discord and use @everyone to the Discord Channel so we can clearly see what's been suggested or decided in our mentions. If you want to poll people make a poll here https://www.poll-maker.com/#QP then @everyone, this way we can all see how the voting is going and make a quick decision. Give the Discord more utility by making new sub channels for LFG so people can get a group ready before they leave work for that night, an addons channel as not everyone has been playing WoW for 15 years, a Screenshot channel just because

I think it's fucking great that this guild is still around after all these years and that people still enjoy playing together but if you want to recruit people for 40 man raiding, in what will be a very competitive environment, you will need a fully functional Discord, it's just how gaming works these days.

Thanks Netster. What would you want to change about our Discord presently?
    aka Jools and (a long time ago) nKoDengar

Find me on... Battle.net - Fusion#1273, PSN, Steam, Xbox

Having only been back in the guild for a few days I think I had better shut up as this is clearly a far more divisive issue than it first appeared.

A Star Citizen channel with no push to talk