Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Character names

Default Character names

How do people feel about in-character names? Meaning, that if your usual nick is not appropriate for a character in a fantasy world, you chose another more appropriate name.

Personally, I hate seeing orcs named 'KillBot' and priests called 'Medic'. I'd never call a character Shinigami (unless we were playing a samurai rpg maybe ) The names I've used in CB are Shinae and Shini, while the first is appropriate for a NE, the second I won't use in retail

Default Re: Character names

Even though i can enjoy a bit of roleplay i think names as Shinigami (or my own f.e.) shouldnt prove to be a problem.. I agree tho that seeing ppl run around with names as ImWithStupid and Darthvader and Sheep is annoying but to make rules to prevent it in RL? doubt it's gonna work..

Nyana and Chicane look cool, I've used Chicane for over 6 years now and Nyana for 2 years. I've been using Sniper Wolf before in Tribes Metal Gear Solid for teh w1n!

I don't like gay gothic nicks, I hate the music and lifestyle that is associated with it

Quote Originally Posted by ForakExertus
    Sheep
    LOL awwww come on, we punished him enough now for his bad name and race choice

no clan tag for me in wow, same goes to my forum nick. i've never named my chars after my forum name. i didn't do that in any rpg, it's just silly. we'll have to learn each others names but that's a small problem to me.

Flufball is my name fullstop. I shall not be changing it.

Even tho I've found out that Jega is the name of some shite UK trance/techno artist and apparently a city/region in Nigeria, I'm still gonna use it as my online nick.

When I first came up with it 4-5 years ago, I didn't know any of the above (curse google for all the information), so I thought it was a very unique name. It apparently still is because I have never really played any game where it was already taken.

In regards to names in WoW I trust Blizzard to weed out those annoying and inappropiate (sp?) names.
    In RL I have no problems with people calling themselves silly names, as long as it ain't against the naming policies of the games we're playing.

Il keep JojoTheSlayer.

Easier for everyone to see who I am... Changing online name in one or two games isnt a problem, but when it starts to become 6-10 it starts to be hard to remember who you youre self is lett alone other peps to remember you

sticking with Visionaire. Might make a Sinnerman alt like in PS. I like the name and no one else seems to be using it. (only disadvantage is all the french people sending me inquisitive tells all the time... no, im not french -plz stop it )

Paradine Hawk