Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bots - Just when you think they dont read their forums...

its just a job for them. either they eat, sleep and grind wow, or eat, sleep and make the nike's that you are wearing on your feet. either which way, they are exploited by the west for our own interests.

its called globalistaion.

its not like ur hindered THAT much by goldsellers tho in WOW. Cause the most important thing or thing that will improve ur power the most is gear.. and thats all soulbound so u cant buy that. At a certain point in WoW gold doesnt do much for u anymore, u just need a few bucks for repair and whatnot or the ocasionall enchant. Hard to explain what i mean but im trying to say that an avarage player isnt that hindered by goldfarmers/sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Omniel View Post
    its not like ur hindered THAT much by goldsellers tho in WOW. Cause the most important thing or thing that will improve ur power the most is gear.. and thats all soulbound so u cant buy that. At a certain point in WoW gold doesnt do much for u anymore, u just need a few bucks for repair and whatnot or the ocasionall enchant. Hard to explain what i mean but im trying to say that an avarage player isnt that hindered by goldfarmers/sellers.
    Well I certainly am! They not only spam me in tells, they also spam my mailbox, which makes me waste my time walking to the nearest mailbox to see if its actually something nice for a change...

I do not believe there is much that can be done to stop them - add more restrictions to the trial keys wouldn't work as that'd defeat the purpose of them. Banning IPs doesn't work either as they'll just use proxies then. In the end, all you can do is try to ban them as soon as you can.

The sad thing is, is that spammers and such exist just because people use their services and no matter how much we hate them, the ones you should hate are the people buying gold or powerlevelling services.

I’m actually doing some research into the economic systems deployed in MMO’s and as of today only one has taken the step to actually fully stop RMT. The MMO that did this was the original Ultima Online and its in-game economy was a “closed economy”. No other game since then has attempted to use this model [actually UO had to switch to an open economy when a flaw was found in their original economic model].

The way that the economic system is set up in WoW has no mechanic to stop the influx of currency into the economy, yes it has a couple of “gold sinks”, but these are nowhere near enough to remove enough gold from circulation for the economy to reach some sort of equilibrium for supply & demand. The way the in-game economy is designed there is an infinite amount of gold to be “farmed” by the players, and this is the problem.

MUDflation, as it’s known in the industry, is an inherent problem with open-economy systems. In the open economic model the only way Blizzard could remove the RMT from the game is to “legalise” it and sell gold themselves. They would have to fix the price so low that the RMT companies could not possibly make enough real money from it to justify the resources spent in trying to make a profit. The flipside to this is that the value of gold in-game would also be devalued to the point where it was worthless [everyone would have so much gold in their bank that the sell prices for items would have to increase for anyone to actually be able to make a profit]. This happens in the real world and can be seen in places like Romania and Argentina, both of which have recently suffered huge economic depressions, where the local currency was devalued to the point of being worthless [Even the UK in the 1970’s suffered from this when the incumbent Labour government decided to print more money as their solution to everyone in the country being “poor”, the result being a massive rise in the rate of inflation and the global devaluation of the £].

All the time there is a huge demand for gold, these RMT companies will exist. Banning accounts is of little consequence to these companies as the revenue from selling the gold easily outweighs the price of a new client. The levelling of a new character to 60 has been documented at just over 48 hours [played], these guys do it for a living, and have the accounts running 24/7 anyway. Banning IP addresses is impossible as these companies are not dumb enough to run the farming operations from the InterNIC registered IP address block, they just use a regular ISP with a dynamic addressing scheme. More often than not the farmers themselves are not even located anywhere near the InterNIC registered maintenance address for the IP block.

http://terranova.blogs.com/terra_nov...ys_35_sta.html Shows us that the estimated annual revenue from RMT is about $1Billion, and even IGE can afford to drop $5Million into the Korean RMT market, just as a speculation, but change is happening slowly. 50K accounts banned globally for WoW, IGE closing its “Buy” option for WoW gold, and the far-east considering making RMT a taxable income. Read the posts and it becomes apparent that RMT is not going to stop, its just the little guys that the mass bans are wiping out. Tax may have an impact at a later date, but not before its too late and the damage is done. The RMT “Bigboys” will be so well established that they will, and in some cases, are running as a legitimate business, and as such tax is just a part of that. Until such time as a developer has the Balls to release a proper closed economy system, RMT is here to stay.

Yes, the spam is anoying, and sods law it always flashes on my screen in the middle of a fight or some such. But its all supply and demand. There are those who use this sort of service, and there will always be those who exploit this demand. Just like in real life.

Good luck to em. If some people feel the need to spend real cash for WoW cash, then they are missing the point of one entertaining aspect of the game.

I for one, enjoy earning my gold in game. I dont have alot but every bronze coin I have, I earned. And thats part of the fun for me, as I get a big buzz from making my gold.

But, like I said, there are always people who will prefer to get money an easier way. Fine, they lose out. They strip some of the fun out of the game for themselves. So be it.

And its they, who create the market for the gold sellers. The gold sellers only exist because of those who use this sort of 'service'.

On a side note, I find server economies interesting. A large and wealthy Guild, just like a large and wealthy multi-national company, could potentially control the economy of a realm. Now THAT, has potential.

5000g for a mount is retarted. It takes months to gather for a non-mage class. The same 5000g you can get for about 50e. Doesn't take rocket-science to find out the best sollution. And ofcourse you can say that you don't have to buy the mount... then why should Blizz even bother putting it there if you can't enjoy it?

I, for one, bought gold twice and I don't feel any bad about it. The endless grinding is horrible if you have a daytime job. Bitching at people who buy gold is as useless as bitching at spammers. Blizzard should put a word filter, so that everyone can set their filters and you won't see the spam. URL and Gold in one whisper should be enough to filter out the crap.

Time = money.
    1 hour SM farming for average Joe = 30g
    1000g = ~33 hours of farming
    1000g = ~15 euros
    How does less than half a euro per hour compare to what you're paid at work?

If there is a universal currency and mostly everything can be bought for gold, then people will want gold and loads of it. If the choice is between spending loads of time farming for gold or spending a bit of real life cash on buying gold, then some people will buy gold because they value their time.

Simple as.

Retarded consumeablespam raid encounters such as Flaskwerk and Loatheb aren't exactly helping.

Requiring time-limited reagents (mooncloth, arcanite, cured rugged) for half of everything that has any value doesn't help either.

*shrug*

I bought 1K gold a few weeks back. Cost me ~12 euros. I'm not feeling the least bit bad about it and might buy gold again. Sue me.

i buy gold and dont mind. playing a class where it is impossible for me to solo a lvl36 instance with a pve spec gives me very little choices in what to do. plus i don't have all day to play and only log in for raids in the evening. 500g will last me a long time and will allow me to continue having fun in the game by means of raiding. i don't feel that i'm cheating, i feel that i am paying a bit extra per month to allow me to have fun in a game.

i have never bought wow-gold before and i prolly never will. Why? because im as poor a bum in real life as ingame. Its not because i look down on those who buy it, i completely understand it..

I mean u can even compare it to other hobbies, where ppl pay huge ammounts of money (much more then 12 bucks a month, gametime-fee) per month. And WoW is just another hobby really. And like i said earlier.. i dont feel particular struck by all the ppl who buy gold.

The only ppl i feel sorry for is ppl actually farming this shit for an company clearly exploiting their workers. Sure those workers make just as much money in one of those sweatshop like farming-company as in any other company in their country but the result is the same; they remain poor.
    Therefor its better to blame politic for not improving the economic situation.
    I realise this will only relocate the farming buisnesses but mweh u have to wave an angry fist somewhere, right?